Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:23   #1

Vanakkam, Team

Hello all,

I would like to first express my gratitude to the mods here for approving my membership. This was my very first attempt and I cleared, the only other time I had this elated feeling was when I cleared my Digital Signal Processing paper (DSP a.k.a. Degree Stopping Paper) back in college.

I have a BE (Computer Science) and a MBA (Finance) and a career that spanned Banking and Information Technology companies. I reside in Chennai with my family. I have had a keen interest in automobiles ever since a kid and my very first dream profession, as my mom says, was to be a water tanker driver (Chennai's infamous water scarcity problem had made its mark early in my life!).

I don't own a water tanker (yet!) but do own / have rights over the following vehicles:

Honda CBR250R - My bike for commuting to office. Smooth, refined, sporty, fast yet planted and reliable it has served me well. The bike is all stock though I would like to invest in a FFE in the near future.

Royal Enfield Electra 350 - My bike for the highways and the odd week day when things can slow down a bit. Not so reliable, not very fast, vibration prone and bullet enough, it has helped me realize what the love for bullet is all about. The bike is stock with the gear shift on the right side (the right side as a purist would say) I have no plans to modify. I would like to add a windshield though, like those that came with the Machismo.

Yamaha RX100 (Sold) - My first bike. It was a RX! Do I have to say more?

Yamaha Gladiator (Sold) - A big mistake. Why? Because I sold the RX to get this!

Honda Amaze - My car for the highways and the city. Already clocked ~70k kms and secretly wishing to have it replaced. In case you didn't notice, the inspiration (if I can call it that) behind my username.

Maruti Zen - Pocket Rocket of the yesteryear. Needs some work on suspension, brakes and lots of love.

Premier Padmini (Retired) - First car of the family, the one which helped me shape up as a driver. Currently retired at my native place.

That is all folks. Looking forward to having a great time sharing experiences and information here at the forum. Peace.
AmazinSam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:17   #2
BHPian

re: Vanakkam, Team

Welcome Amazin. I thought I was the only one to jump with Joy after having cleared the DSP paper. Looks like everybody has had that experience.

I owned an yellow colored Zen too. A very cute car I must say. I now drive a Figo.

Again welcome aboard.

Have fun. Cheers.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Welcome Amazin. I thought I was the only one to jump with Joy after having cleared the DSP paper. Looks like everybody has had that experience.
There were many and this included professors, glad that we won't be around to bother them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Again welcome aboard.

Have fun. Cheers.
Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinSam View Post
Hello all,

I would like to first express my gratitude to the mods here for approving my membership. This was my very first attempt and I cleared, the only other time I had this elated feeling was when I cleared my Digital Signal Processing paper (DSP a.k.a. Degree Stopping Paper) back in college.
Vannakkam AmazinSam,

Nicely written your feelings. Getting through in first attempt is an incredible achievement. Looking forward to your posts on the forum. I too work for a leading PSB in Chennai and hope to exchange loads of ideas and suggestions.
Nandri
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks