Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:35   #1
BHPian

Hello Petrolheads!

Hi everyone,

Finally, I have made it here.

I have been in love with automobiles since my childhood. Like for many people, the first car in my family was a second hand Maruti 800, bought when I was born. The 800 got replaced by another Maruti 800 in 1997, but this time the new model, which I am sure quite a few would be able to relate too. This 800 served our family for over a decade! A very reliable and fuel efficient car, its no surprise that iterations of that engine in Alto still rules the sales analysis charts here on Team BHP. This is also the car that I learnt to drive, an will always hold dear to my heart.

After selling the 800 we have become a Honda family.

We currently own Honda City (2009 model), Jazz(2011 model), Brio(2013 model) and Dio(2005)! Says something about customer retention, doesn't it?

I am excited at the opportunity to connect with people who are as passionate about anything on wheels as I am.
autorahul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello Petrolheads!

Welcome to the world of petrol heads.!

800 is a reliable work horse of previous generation. There is no wonder that still the people admiring about it. You could have kept it in the corner of your garage. Will serve a enjoyable restoration project in future.

Honda dealers in your location seems to be done a excellent job. Honda's reliability and build quality going down now a days IMHO. However cool garage, one piece from each variety.

Happy mile munching stay here. Put up some ownership reviews of your work horses.

PS: I know how it's feel like reading the first reply to your first post here. Thought of making you happy, hence posted immediately.
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Welcome to the world of petrol heads.!

Honda dealers in your location seems to be done a excellent job. Honda's reliability and build quality going down now a days IMHO. However cool garage, one piece from each variety.
Thanks for the welcome EPMV. Yes, I do agree that the build quality has gone down, but feel the reliability is still amongst the best, and the best part in all the models are the free revving engines. Very smooth delivery of power.

I do hope to mix it up when we decide to go for our next car. Maruti has been doing some good stuff lately, and so have Hyundai and Ford. So, its quite possible I would get a different brand when going for my next car.
Old 24th March 2016, 12:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Hi everyone,

Finally, I have made it here.

Big Hello to autorahul

Welcome to the league of extra ordinary geniuses on this forum (except me). The love for Maruti and Honda is one thing where I can completely relate with you. I too have learnt driving on 2nd owner Alto LXi 2008 Model and have recently upgraded to ANJ 2016 model.

Will look forward to your inputs and queries on the forum.

Best regards
Old 24th March 2016, 12:59   #5
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP autorahul!
I myself a newbie, got my membership approved yesterday.
We too owned a Maruti 800 1997 model in white shade and currently, we have a 2011 model Maruti Suzuki Ritz. The 800 was a reliable car with good build quality (much better than modern Marutis).
Best regards
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 13:40   #6
BHPian

Welcome to THE FORUM!

Even our first car like many others is a first gen M-800. Being so familiar with the Hondas, do you find the build quality of the interiors and exteriors a little compromised compared to previous gen'?

Happy motoring!
Old 25th March 2016, 09:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Proud and happy Jazz owner myself. It's interesting to see that you have both, the Jazz and the Brio. Must be interesting to enjoy a different nature of performance from the same engine in two different cars.
Old 25th March 2016, 11:34   #8
BHPian

Thanks everyone! I am very excited at this welcome.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks