Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 10:29   #1
BHPian

Hello folks

Finally made it to Team-BHP. Thanks to Mods for approving my membership request. Came across Team-BHP while searching the internet for gyan on buying used/new cars. Since then, I have been hooked to this forum and haven't looked at much else beyond it. Loved reading all the threads on 'Buying cars', Test drive reviews and Ownership reviews.

Did my Bachelors degree in Aerospace Engineering from IIT-Madras and my PhD from Aerospace department of IISc-Bangalore. Was abroad for a small post-doctoral stint. Presently, I'm an engineer working in Aerospace R&D field.

Born in Chennai more than 3 decades ago but 'Namma' Bengaluru has been my home for the past 13 years. Me and my better-half just love travelling & exploring this beautiful country - irrespective of the mode of travel. So far its been on trains, buses, bike etc. Now with my parents and a 6-year old daughter with us, travelling and tourism is expected to be mostly by our new (& my first) car - Tata Zest (Revotron).

Other than travelling, my interests include books & music. I'm also into home-composting and gardening in a big way. I do hope someday Bengaluru will regain its past epithet of being 'Garden City'.

Looking forward to participating in forums of Team-BHP and interacting with other Team-BHPians.
srvm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 10:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Looking forward to participating in forums of Team-BHP and interacting with other Team-BHPians.
Nice to see hardcore technical guys on the forum. And that too from fields other than the conventional ones.

And also its great to note, that you also had a good share of the best academic environments, the country has to offer.

Welcome and have a good time.

Last edited by ampere : 29th March 2016 at 10:54.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 13:51   #3
BHPian

Hi srvm,
Welcome to T-BHP!
Congrats on getting your first car - Tata Zest!
Why not an ownership review?
Looking forward for your further inputs in the forum.
Best regards.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 29th March 2016 at 13:58.
Old 30th March 2016, 07:56   #4
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2016 at 12:51.
EPMV is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2016, 09:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice to see hardcore technical guys on the forum. And that too from fields other than the conventional ones.

And also its great to note, that you also had a good share of the best academic environments, the country has to offer.

Welcome and have a good time.
Thank you ampere. Yes, I was fortunate to study at some of the best engineering schools in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Hi srvm,
Welcome to T-BHP!
Congrats on getting your first car - Tata Zest!
Why not an ownership review?
Looking forward for your further inputs in the forum.
Best regards.
Thank you. Yes, I'm compiling an initial ownership review of Zest. Its presently in the assembly line. Will post it as soon as I find time to complete it.

@ EPMV

Thank you. Yes, the loss of green cover and the consequent rise in temperatures in Bengaluru is palpable. Its never too late to start acting on it.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2016 at 12:51. Reason: Quoted post deleted
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks