Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 20:25   #1

Greetings fellow petrolheads

Hi,

This is Arjun from Sakleshpur. It is an absolute pleasure to be a part of this amazing community. The entire process, the application, the anticipation and finally that much sought after acceptance email was quite akin to a proposal actually.

I studied to be a lawyer but life has its share of surprises and I ended up, happily of course, as a farmer. I live on my coffee plantation and am thankful for the quality of life it affords me. That quality is largely a result of the vehicles in my garage. Currently I own a 2011 Fiat Linea T-jet (Pre-owned, found it on T-bhp classifieds), 2014 Mahindra Thar Crde 4x4, 2015 Mahindra Bolero Pik-up 4x4 and my latest addition 2016 Tata Safari Storme 4x4 Varicor 400 (ACM's review and a certain product engineer are the two reasons I chose the storme).

Previously, I have owned in recent years a Pre-owned Maruti 800 (perky little thing), 2006 Ford Fiesta SXI Tdci (One word - amazing, clocked 150,000 kms before letting it go), 2013 Tata Xenon Crew Cab 3 ltr Dicor (Poor choice for my terrain, too long a wheelbase and very heavy. Tata did not offer 4wd at that time and the 2wd just dug itself in and beached itself at the slightest opportunity)

I haven't had much experience with two wheelers, My first bike was a 2000 Yamaha RXZ 5-Speed an absolute hoot to ride, ended up selling it once I moved back to the plantation, regret it till date. Couple of years back I ambitiously picked up a 1969 Vespa 150 with all the right intentions to restore it to its former glory but haven't made any progress, hate to see it gathering dust, will bring it back to life soon.

Well that's my history and current status with motor vehicles. Outside of motor vehicles I love outdoors, be it traveling, off roading, trekking, camping or all rolled into one. I am an avid reader. Music is integral to every part of my life and I find farming to be the best profession there ever was or will be.

As far as my future plans are concerned, I want to own new cars but I never want to let any of my cars go. I hate letting go of my cars. Need to figure out how to do that.

Looking forward to hear from my fellow bhpians.

Regards,
Arjun
Arjun.hb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings fellow petrolheads

Welcome Arjun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun.hb View Post
The entire process, the application, the anticipation and finally that much sought after acceptance email was quite akin to a proposal actually.

Awesome garage there! Each & every car is on some enthusiasts list or the other.

Quote:
2013 Tata Xenon Crew Cab 3 ltr Dicor (Poor choice for my terrain, too long a wheelbase and very heavy
Ah! Safari would suffer the same fate, if it weren't for the 4x4.

Quote:
Outside of motor vehicles I love outdoors, be it traveling, off roading, trekking, camping or all rolled into one. I am an avid reader.
Looks like you're in the right location for these activities. And reading too - nothing like reading a satisfying book in the wilderness. The best reading experiences I've had are in peaceful Deolali.

Quote:
Music is integral to every part of my life
Likewise . 90% of my waking hours have music on in the background. If you aren't already, get on to Spotify! It is the BEST way to listen to & discover music. Works well on 3G too.

Nice to have you with us. Hope to bump into you on an interesting thread sometime!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greetings fellow petrolheads

Hey Arjun, welcome to team-bhp !!!
Nice choices with the T-jet, Thar and Safari !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks