Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 20:18   #1
BHPian

Happy Evening Team-BHPians!

Wow ! was my reaction on seeing the email saying membership approved on 7th May, got lucky the third time. My name is k7 in short and I was born and brought up in Chennai. Am 48 years young and looking after Dad's jewellery business.

Team-bhp came into my life few years ago when one of my friend suggested this website to check out the reviews of a new car after which there was no turning back, I would always visit the website and have learned so much over the years. Loved almost all the topics discussed here and thus came my desire to join.

The travelogues section reminded me of my bike trip with 7 friends to kodai and munnar from chennai in 4 hero honda bikes 28 years ago. Love driving, both cars and bikes, though the the bike touring is on hold of late due to various constraints and hope to revive that asap or would love to join our members who go on bike trips once in a while.

I was interested in 2 and 4 wheelers from my young age, my first love ride started with an atlas cycle followed by Luna, Ind-suzuki, hero honda cd100, k-honda, Rx-100, k-bajaj, enticer were the bikes I owned for different periods in my life. I currently own Rx-100 and Enticer along with Activa 125 and a Dio for family.

My love for cars started with our first family car 1979 Mark 4 Ambassador. loved it for its sheer capacity, held it for more than 20 years. It was followed by Maruti van, NE 118, Santro, Wagon-R, Innova, Fabia and Brio, the last two which I held on till date. Wish to up grade to a proper sedan and have classic Linea T-jet in mind... keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for approving my membership moderators and others for reading patiently. Drive safe.
7heaven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 21:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Happy Evening Team-BHPians!

Hi K7, Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant time here. . Quite a long and impressive automobile history you have. Interesting to see that you have covered a wide range of manufacturers through your ownership history.

Am sure there are several informal riding groups. Know for a fact that there are rides happening from Bangalore almost every weekend and there is a dedicated thread for the same. Should be happening from Chennai too.
Old 11th May 2016, 10:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi K7, Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant time here. . Quite a long and impressive automobile history you have. Interesting to see that you have covered a wide range of manufacturers through your ownership history.

Am sure there are several informal riding groups. Know for a fact that there are rides happening from Bangalore almost every weekend and there is a dedicated thread for the same. Should be happening from Chennai too.
Thanks! Rajeevraj, Happy Morning! Yes, shall check out for riding groups from chennai, first have to upgrade to a proper cruiser, Enticer bottoms out fairly soon on the highways as it is only a 125cc bike, but I love the riding comfort in that bike because of which I have not let it go. Wish yamaha plonks the fz's 150 cc engine with 5 gears into the enticer and give some competition to bajaj's avenger. are you listening Yamaha?
Old 11th May 2016, 11:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heaven View Post
It was followed by Maruti van, NE 118, Santro, Wagon-R, Innova, Fabia and Brio, the last two which I held on till date. Wish to up grade to a proper sedan and have classic Linea T-jet in mind... keeping my fingers crossed.
First, let me congratulate you for your membership.

Please share with us your detailed ownership experience in separate threads. You have personally experienced cars from all the big stables. It is going to be very interesting read, especially Skoda vis a vis Toyota and Honda.

Other than the drivability, are there any more reasons for your inclination towards Linea???

Happy motoring

Last edited by cruising_rapid : 11th May 2016 at 11:43. Reason: Punctuation
Old 12th May 2016, 10:55   #5
BHPian

Re: Happy Evening Team-BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
First, let me congratulate you for your membership.

Please share with us your detailed ownership experience in separate threads. You have personally experienced cars from all the big stables. It is going to be very interesting read, especially Skoda vis a vis Toyota and Honda.

Other than the drivability, are there any more reasons for your inclination towards Linea???

Happy motoring
Thanks for the wishes, I didn't think about a separate thread for all my cars till you mentioned, Have to recall from 1979, its pretty hard but shall keep in mind and do it in a leisurely manner when time permits.

Linea was good looking and backseat comfort is also good and the feedback I got from few owners were favourable too. Build quality, T-jet performance and sheer driving pleasure was the reasons for me to tilt towards it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks