Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 22:54   #1

Excited to be onboard!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

At the outset, i feel privileged to be a part of the distinguished community of auto and travel lovers. It took me three attempts to get in, but that makes the membership all the more sweeter!
About me: I'm 37, married with two daughters - 9 and 5 yrs. I'm a serving Armed Forces officer, which is about as much as I would like to say about my profession.My profession also explains my ID - its the squadron from NDA to which i belong. Another thing which may be attributed to my job will be my absence from the forum for somewhat prolonged periods inbetween
I'm a passionate road tripper, and i'm blessed in the fact that all three ladies of my life share my passion. Beside this, I'm a sportsman (volleyball, basketball, squash and swimming), a qualified sea diver, a voracious reader, and a singer and music lover.
I embarked on a almost 8,000+ KM round trip from Karwar (Karnataka) to Leh/Nubra on 09 May 16 on my XUV500 W8. I've completed the Leh trip and am back at Chandigarh (my hometown) presently. Would be driving back down south in a few days. I'll pen down the trip details next on the relevant forum, so look out for that! Meanwhile, would love to help out with information on this sector which anyone is seeking for an immediate trip.

Wishing fellow BHPians happy motoring, safe long drives and lots of excitement in life!
injunRD is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 07:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Excited to be onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunRD View Post
I embarked on a almost 8,000+ KM round trip from Karwar (Karnataka) to Leh/Nubra on 09 May 16 on my XUV500 W8. I've completed the Leh trip and am back at Chandigarh (my hometown) presently. Would be driving back down south in a few days. I'll pen down the trip details next on the relevant forum, so look out for that! Meanwhile, would love to help out with information on this sector which anyone is seeking for an immediate trip.
Ah! One from the land of "Hotel Amruth" and Seabird! Karwar to Leh would be one beautiful journey. Would be great to hear from you one day.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 10:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Karwar to Leh would be one beautiful journey. Would be great to hear from you one day.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I started penning my travelogue last night, which has rightly been parked in the WIP section. Mean to complete at least two legs before i request the mods to place it on the relevant forum..
injunRD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

At the outset, i feel privileged to be a part of the distinguished community of auto and travel lovers. It took me three attempts to get in, but that makes the membership all the more sweeter!
===========
Wishing fellow BHPians happy motoring, safe long drives and lots of excitement in life!
Welcome onboard injunRD!

Karwar to leh wow! Eagerly waiting for your travelogue. Hope you will document that here soon. I would require your help in planning the leh trip which I am planning right now from Bangalore.

Regards,
abhayankara
Old 8th June 2016, 12:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
Welcome onboard injunRD!

Karwar to leh wow! Eagerly waiting for your travelogue. Hope you will document that here soon. I would require your help in planning the leh trip which I am planning right now from Bangalore.

Regards,
abhayankara
Thanks Abhyankara for the welcome! im in the process of compiling the travelogue, which is presently in the Assembly Line. Hope to get it up on the forum in next couple of days..meanwhile, feel free for any immediate info required by you for the plan.

Regards,
Old 8th June 2016, 12:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum!

We're all looking forward to the travelogue; reading them is the most entertaining and fulfilling part of our 9-5 jobs.

More importantly, thank you for your service!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:28   #7

Thanks a lot libran for the kind words..means a lot
Old 8th June 2016, 18:12   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, mate.

A passionate traveller matched with a modern SUV is as close as it can get for a perfect roadtrip. 8000+ kms in one trip sounds interesting. How much has your steed clocked?

Waiting eagerly for the grand travelogue! I would have loved to read such an interesting travelogue part by part. You can post the start leg of the journey and let the suspense build up as lots of readers get hooked to your thread, after which you can post the remaining parts one by one with adequate pictures. I think it builds up the atmosphere and results in a gripping and enjoyable travelogue at the end. But that's entirely upto you. Have fun.

Last edited by biggrin : 8th June 2016 at 18:14. Reason: Added more
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 18:59   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Welcome to the forum, mate.

A passionate traveller matched with a modern SUV is as close as it can get for a perfect roadtrip. 8000+ kms in one trip sounds interesting. How much has your steed clocked?

Waiting eagerly for the grand travelogue! I would have loved to read such an interesting travelogue part by part. You can post the start leg of the journey and let the suspense build up as lots of readers get hooked to your thread, after which you can post the remaining parts one by one with adequate pictures. I think it builds up the atmosphere and results in a gripping and enjoyable travelogue at the end. But that's entirely upto you. Have fun.
Thanks a lot biggrin! Thats my plan too.. in fact ive already finished writing about the Leg 1 of my trip, Am requesting the Mods to move my thread to the relevant section. I'm however getting stuck on one issue; placing photos at relevant places in the travelogue. When i use the attachment part, it just takes all pics and places them at the end of the text. Have asked help from the mods and awaiting a response. Any ideas on this would be appreciated ... Thanks again!
Old 10th June 2016, 09:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

About me: I'm 37, married with two daughters - 9 and 5 yrs. I'm a serving Armed Forces officer, which is about as much as I would like to say about my profession.My profession also explains my ID - its the squadron from NDA to which i belong. Another thing which may be attributed to my job will be my absence from the forum for somewhat prolonged periods inbetween
I'm a passionate road tripper, and i'm blessed in the fact that all three ladies of my life share my passion. Beside this, I'm a sportsman (volleyball, basketball, squash and swimming), a qualified sea diver, a voracious reader, and a singer and music lover.

Welcome to the forum! Being a defence kid I couldn't stop myself to reply to this introduction.

You mentioned how many attempts you took to get Team-Bhp membership but I would really appreciate if you could tell us how many attempts it took to clear SSB or NDA exam?

I had visited NDA once in 1999 on my friend's invitation to see the campus. I guess you are my friend's batchmate in NDA as we all are now aged 36-37. I had many friends in NDA as quite a few guys from my Batch joined the academy. I don't remember their sqadron but one guy was in Hunter.

One more interesting thing I would like to share with you:
If you remember any of your batch mates running away from the academy?
Well one of my friends ran away from the academy and landed at my house and stayed with us for 2 days! It was a big thing for us I mean cadet running from NDA and landing at my house! I don't know whether it created any news in the academy as its quite a big organisation. Third day his brother came and we all some how convinced him and sent him back to the academy! Sweet memories.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I'm however getting stuck on one issue; placing photos at relevant places in the travelogue. When i use the attachment part, it just takes all pics and places them at the end of the text. Have asked help from the mods and awaiting a response. Any ideas on this would be appreciated ... Thanks again!
After uploading the attachments, click on the 'arrow' on the right of attachments button. You will see a drop down list consisting of the uploaded documents (names). You can place the cursor where you want the images to be, and then click on the image name from the above list to place it there.

Alternatively, you can upload and place all at the end and then cut-paste the '[ATTACH]...' part where you want the image to be. Above method is better as in this case, you will not be able to know which '[ATTACH]...' part means which image.

Check out Post #2 of this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html.

Last edited by biggrin : 10th June 2016 at 10:32. Reason: Added link to thread
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 23:09   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
After uploading the attachments, click on the 'arrow' on the right of attachments button. You will see a drop down list consisting of the uploaded documents (names). You can place the cursor where you want the images to be, and then click on the image name from the above list to place it there.

Check out Post #2 of this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html.
Thanks a ton. Phase I completed!
Old 11th June 2016, 23:15   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheer5776 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Being a defence kid I couldn't stop myself to reply to this introduction.

You mentioned how many attempts you took to get Team-Bhp membership but I would really appreciate if you could tell us how many attempts it took to clear SSB or NDA exam?

I had visited NDA once in 1999 on my friend's invitation to see the campus. I guess you are my friend's batchmate in NDA as we all are now aged 36-37. I had many friends in NDA as quite a few guys from my Batch joined the academy. I don't remember their sqadron but one guy was in Hunter.

One more interesting thing I would like to share with you:
If you remember any of your batch mates running away from the academy?
Well one of my friends ran away from the academy and landed at my house and stayed with us for 2 days! It was a big thing for us I mean cadet running from NDA and landing at my house! I don't know whether it created any news in the academy as its quite a big organisation. Third day his brother came and we all some how convinced him and sent him back to the academy! Sweet memories.
Thanks for the welcome Zaheer. NDA was first attempt; never gave any other competitive exam in my life! rather i had cleared SSB in Jan and was waiting to get my 12th result in may so I could join. i'd passed out in 99, so i guess your friend may be a course down or so. But ya, the attrition rate in 1st and even 2nd ter is high, as i myself had about 30 odd guys leaving. I'm a defence kid too, so i can appreciate the connect. Looking forward to more interaction with you..
Old 12th June 2016, 09:28   #14
Team-BHP Support

Its always a pleasure to interact with someone who is braving enemies & hostile climate for us. It is a privilege to have you on-board, welcome

Please keep sharing about your drives and ride. How many kms has the XUV clocked? Stock? OE tires?

And does your username have something to do with Yamaha Rajdoot RD-350?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 13:03   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Its always a pleasure to interact with someone who is braving enemies & hostile climate for us. It is a privilege to have you on-board, welcome

Please keep sharing about your drives and ride. How many kms has the XUV clocked? Stock? OE tires?

And does your username have something to do with Yamaha Rajdoot RD-350?
Thanks for the welcome Sheel. I've finally reached Leh on my travelogue which is parked in the Assembly Line. Hope to get it up soon. The XUV is doing great. Clocked 20K plus now, bought in Apr 15 (the last of the old look ones, which i personally liked better). The return drive of 2500 Km coming up in a week. On the W8, i got the rear cam and rear bull bar before taking it out of the showroom. Other add ons include scuff plates, side steps, rain visors, and the black car carrier, which came in May, before this trip. All else is stock, including the Apollo tyres, with which I'm quite happy as of now.
RD is my name initials, though i love the RD350 too
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks