Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2006, 21:19   #1
BHPian

nice to see such an informative medium,i was introduced to this wonderfull place by dominic and being a auto fanatic here iam,i basically am a suv fan with my faith mostly placed with tata safari's and a sumo apart from a few cars here and there i also own a 54 bullet and 86 rd350,i am primarily a land devoloper and also run a a tata authorised outfit apart from a few other things i do,so hope to interact with you people more and more in future.
Old 5th October 2006, 11:12   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, another Safari fan. DICOR and pricecuts appear to have given the Safari what it didnt particularly enjoy all these years. A following!

Welcome to the Team-BHP, Dr Fate. It will be interesting to hear about service station experiences from the other side.

Please do go through the annoucements section to familiarise yourself with the board rules.
Old 7th October 2006, 01:20   #3
BHPian

you are telling me this is my 4th safari the last two being dicors me and my elder brother have been fanatics enough to replace one every 2 years but your view of of safari having a following now is quite a paradox in itself!i mean if you talk to my customers apart from myself you would understand,it had followers!!real intresting people established polished and all one time rebels cursing at first till you drop that typical question "why are you sticking with it and why dont you sell it"what follows 10 of 10(trust me on this one)follws a horrified look which sends you into asking the nearest person"did i ask him to divorce his wife"and after that he asks US why!!!what better vehicle is available and a bevy of such questions with a pained expression,that was safari(old owners)for you,as of dicor its a temporary stop gap vehicle,i should not give out more about the problems and maladies which explains the price cut,well more on that later...bye
Old 7th October 2006, 11:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aboard.
Welcome To Team-Bhp.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 7th October 2006, 11:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Dr. Fate,

Welcome to team-BHP, I am sure you will make many like-minded friends here.

One word of advice, to make your posts more readable, please use more punctuations and change sentences and paragraphs. by using the "enter" key a few more times.
It makes the post friendlier, more approachable and easier to read.

Enjoy
Old 7th October 2006, 13:42   #6
BHPian

welcome dr. fate
i am a hardcore fan of safari!!!!.i just love the way it sounds,road handling and the impeccable look!!!!!!!!.dicor is and allways wil be my first love.was litle disapointed when the tatas launched it.i mean after waiting for such a long time, a new engine with only an increase of 25bhp with additional weigt(engine) was not done.any way enjoy ur stay!!!!!!!!
Old 8th October 2006, 01:02   #7
BHPian

they(TATA) are coming out with a new model 2.2 litre power estimated between 130-140hp should officially be here by feb its a lighter engine,we did get a sneak preveiw in one of bangalore's leading tata dealers workshop,the dealers had taken it for a drive then we were supposed to sample it!!!the car simply zoomed off raising a lot of dust....when the dust settled down the guy who had driven the car was seen walking back
with a smug look...the camshaft(according to him)had broken!!!!!
well thats tata for you,but its undergoing extensive tests and is a fast car,since its going to be the same car they will be making for both indian and export markets it wont be 'DICOR'revisited

like the above said line iam new and not a whiz on computers i will improve slowly emulating the'seniors' here,by the way any threads or disscusions on suv's please guide me there....and i learnt my good friend's are known as dominic and pyscho here.....bye
Old 8th October 2006, 15:58   #8
BANNED

Welcome onboard Doc. You're in the right place. Soon, you'll make more friends than Psycho etc... One thing for sure, if you're in anyway associated with Mr. Psycho, then you gotta be a car fanatic.
Keep on feeding us with more informative posts.
Have a nice time here.
Cheers,
Zak.
Old 9th October 2006, 01:21   #9
BHPian

just mention to him about a workshop guy from jaynagar who owns a skyline and a pontiac gto and he will know me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed