Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2016, 20:45   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians

Hello Fellow BHPians,

Greetings!

Hope you are all doing well. It is a very beautiful day, right? well, at least for me it is, well, mainly because my Team-BHP membership has been approved. I was in the middle of a movie when I got a notification saying ‘Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!’ I literally screamed with joy. People around me in the theater must have thought that I have gone cuckoo but I was too elated to care. It was one of those once in life moment wherein you feel that you really accomplished something (Yeah I know I am a nerd!)

A big shout out to Team-BHP moderation team for accepting my on boarding request. You guys are the PILLARS of Indian motoring. Take a bow you guys deserve it!

Well about me, I am 27 years from Chandigarh but I put up in Gurgaon. I completed my masters back in 2011 and currently working in IT industry. I am an avid foodie and passionate about bikes. Since childhood, I have this dream to own ‘The Monster’ i.e. Ducati Monster & getting LEH’ed someday. By gods grace, if everything goes right, I will own one in early 2017. One thing makes me wonder that though Ducati is relatively popular brand but I cannot seem to find its ownership review/professional review (Except one from Powerdrift & Autocar India that too for 796.). Would anyone be kind enough to point me to the right direction, I would be thankful.

Regarding cars, you all will be happy to hear that we would be taking our Innova Crysta’s delivery on 22nd July. Innova crysta will be replacing our 1st Generation Innova (GTO’s Good old Innova) for which we got an awesome deal. I can say that this is one of those cars that get appreciated over the years. Many thanks to Mr. GTO, Mr. Sankar, Mr. Philip Mathew, Mr. Sudeep Pandya, Mr. Vkochar, Mr. Samabhi & Mr. Miharbe for providing the insights and helping me zeroing in the car. Though they don’t know me but in a way they help me if not countless others.

Like every other person from Delhi-NCR, I also spend most of my time stuck in traffic but what separates me from them is that I now have something exiting to do during these traffic snarls and I take pledge that I will contribute to this community.

Thanks again and looking forward to make the best of time and life on this forum!

Cheers!
drive_angry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 00:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you’re keeping your cool while driving, your handle is suggesting otherwise. Driving in India especially in the NCR region is a stressful experience as it is.

Congratulations on the new acquisition! Though I have never owned one but have been driven in/driven three Innovas in different guises owned by my extended family. I’m told the new one in its “Crysta” avatar is a much more polished/refined vehicle.

Having joined the forum just over six months ago I can say that you will get ample opportunity to engage in some invigorating conversation with the fellow BHPians. Please do go through the rules of engagement.

Wishing you many more miles of stress free driving & a pleasant stay here..

Last edited by Vikram Arya : 15th July 2016 at 00:20.
Vikram Arya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 19:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome dude!

Lets get the 'angry' part out of the way. Please read this thread - some great tips to avoid 'angry' driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
You guys are the PILLARS of Indian motoring. Take a bow you guys deserve it!
Thank you . I'd extend that to include all the regularly contributing BHPians on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Since childhood, I have this dream to own ‘The Monster’ i.e. Ducati Monster & getting LEH’ed someday. By gods grace, if everything goes right, I will own one in early 2017.
Nice! Looks like the dream becoming a reality is just a corner or two away. Good luck.

Quote:
Regarding cars, you all will be happy to hear that we would be taking our Innova Crysta’s delivery on 22nd July
Quote:
Like every other person from Delhi-NCR, I also spend most of my time stuck in traffic
Got the AT? It is one heck of an MPV.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 22:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Lets get the 'angry' part out of the way. Please read this thread - some great tips to avoid 'angry' driving.

Nice! Looks like the dream becoming a reality is just a corner or two away. Good luck.

Got the AT? It is one heck of an MPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post

I hope you’re keeping your cool while driving, your handle is suggesting otherwise

I’m told the new one in its “Crysta” avatar is a much more polished/refined vehicle.

Okay, I think I need to clear why drive_angry?. Common to what one might presume I assure you its the opposite of it. See I am one of those person who is caught up in 9 to 5 rut, meeting unrealistic deadlines not to mention aligning myself to boss’s expectation (Which no matter hard we try is unachievable). All this at the end of day adds up to one being ‘angry’ & ‘frustrated’. Now how do I get over it one may ask? its the sheer pleasure of driving on two wheels. I am one of those person who choses two wheels over four and boy, When you are on one, you tend to forget everything and Its like whole world starts to make sense and everything just clicks and you arrive happy at home.

One thing I want to add is that, I strictly abide by the traffic rules and if one is going to drive (That too on two wheels) in insane traffic of Delhi-NCR then protective gear is a must.

@ Vikram: Crysta takes Innova to a whole new ball game. Toyota has gives us a worthy successor. Now, it’s more of a private vehicle than a commercial one. Take it for a ride someday I am sure you would not be disappointed.

Regarding the Bike: Well I have test ridden KTM’s-RC390 Duke390, Kawasaki’s-Z250, Benelli’s-BN302 & 600i, Honda’s-CBR600F, Harley’s-Street 750, Iron883 & Forty Eight, Triumph’s-Street Triple & Bonnie and Last but not the least Ducati’s-Monster, Hypermotard & Scrambler. Out of the lot I have my heart set on Monster but i have no clue how it fares on the long run especially on the availability of the parts. Though upon their re-entry in India I’ve heard all good things in the media but yet to confirm from an actual owner.

@GTO Regarding the Car Version: Not to the AT sir but 2.4 ZX MT version. I have test ridden AT quite a number of times but AT’s gearbox didn’t seem to impress me much. I felt the engine revving too much at lower gears and gearbox too lazy. so settled for MT version.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th July 2016 at 00:45. Reason: Post edited. Avoid copy-pasting from a word processor - use Notepad instead. Thanks!
drive_angry is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks