Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 01:08   #1

What a lucky day!

I was grinning ear to ear this morning when my father, my cousin bro and myself went to bring home a charming, pre-owned 2012 Bolero ZLX ("Zeus"). The deal got sweeter and beyond my wildest imagination when I received an email titled "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!" the exact moment we landed at the dealer's doorstep; it was as if the admins were looking over my shoulders and approved of this transaction

I was literally shaking with happiness and proudly announced that I was finally a Team-BHPian - my luckiest stars were probably aligned today! I'm indeed blessed to be accepted into this coveted circle. Team-BHPians are known for the brotherhood, the passion and tremendous amount of knowledge in all things that move on wheels. My heartfelt thanks to the admins of this group and a BIG virtual "hug" for all of you!!

About me: A male, IT professional based in Kolkata, married to a wonderful lady and have a daughter of 8 months . I was schooled here in Kolkata, went on to do my Masters in 2007 from a college in Roorkee and started my career in Gurgaon. I returned to Kolkata in 2008 and I've stayed back in the city since then. Over the past decade, I've owned a Royal Enfield Thunderbird followed by another RE (Electra) - unfortunately, none of which I possess anymore owing to unavoidable reasons - but still a member of the prestigious Eastern Bulls Bullet club in Kolkata. I am in awe of the Royal Enfield brotherhood and Team-BHP excites me equally!! I love to explore, be it food or the mountains or the tarmac. I've been to a couple of treks in the Himachal as well as Garhwal regions and I've learnt so much from these occasions that I always want to keep going back for more! More importantly, I've done most of these treks, travels and tours along with my parents who are still adventurous considering their age.

Cars: I currently own a Honda City (2007, Gxi, Manual) which is my daily commuter.

The itch for an SUV started a couple of months ago when the "family" decided that it was time to get a vehicle of our own which could, in theory, take us anywhere in India. (read: visit Leh with own car ).

I'll cover what we went through and how we finally brought Zeus home and ask you - the experts - for some suggestions in a separate thread.

Till then - thanks again for this vibrant community! I'm hoping to learn a lot since am an absolute newbie and I sincerely hope to make some positive contributions whenever possible!

Live to Drive! Drive to Live!

Best Regards,
Trishul
trishulpani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 11:06   #2

Re: What a lucky day!

Adding some photos and more information.

Car make & model: Bolero ZLX 2012, m2DiCR
Color: Rocky Beige (Green-ish)
Total cost: 4.25 lakh + Insurance + Ownership transfer
Kms run : 62k.
Previous Owners: 1
Pre-fitted with Yokohama Geolander tyres (about 60 - 70% tyre tread remaining). Exterior seems to be in good condition. Interiors are fine. Need to change seat covers. Not planning to change anything else.
Cash discount : 6k
Free service: 3 free services in the next 12 months.
Car Trade warranty & certification: Dealer agreed.
New number plates: Yes.

Mechanically in a good condition.
Attached Thumbnails
What a lucky day!-photo-160716-12-10-06-pm.jpg  

What a lucky day!-photo-160716-12-13-14-pm.jpg  

What a lucky day!-photo-160716-4-23-17-pm.jpg  

What a lucky day!-photo-160716-12-10-30-pm.jpg  

What a lucky day!-photo-160716-12-13-25-pm.jpg  

trishulpani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 12:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Trishul, Welcome to the forum. Great timing on the membership approval. Congrats on the buy. Looking forward to a detailed ownership report.

One feedback is to share the photos and other details of your purchase in the relevant Bolero thread so that other Bolero owners and those interested can benefit.

Wish you a pleasant stay and a happy ownership experience.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 14:29   #4
BHPian

Welcome onboard Trishul. Your euphoria on being a member of this prestigious forum is not abnormal as scores of BHPians like you and me are still in the gung ho mood of being a BHPian.
Happy miles.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 18:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Trishul, Welcome to the forum. Great timing on the membership approval. Congrats on the buy. Looking forward to a detailed ownership report.

One feedback is to share the photos and other details of your purchase in the relevant Bolero thread so that other Bolero owners and those interested can benefit.

Wish you a pleasant stay and a happy ownership experience.
Thanks @Rajeevraj! Appreciate the feedback ! I'll definitely post these in the relevant Bolero threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Welcome onboard Trishul. Your euphoria on being a member of this prestigious forum is not abnormal as scores of BHPians like you and me are still in the gung ho mood of being a BHPian.
Happy miles.
Agreed 100%. It's the presence of members like you whose encouragement and guidance makes TBHP what it is today!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th July 2016 at 19:34. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 17th July 2016, 21:47   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello, welcome to Team Bhp. Congrats for your Bolero. It looks to be in great shape.

Hope to see you and your newly acquired SUV in our Kolkata Team Bhp monsoon meet on 24th July.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ly-2016-a.html
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 22:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Hello, welcome to Team Bhp. Congrats for your Bolero. It looks to be in great shape.

Hope to see you and your newly acquired SUV in our Kolkata Team Bhp monsoon meet on 24th July.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ly-2016-a.html
Thanks @Samba - will definitely be there! What better way to get to know TBhpians in Kolkata!!
trishulpani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 00:13   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations trishulpani for the team-bhp membership and the Bolero. Hope to see you on 24th July at the Team-bhp monsoon meet. I too have a 2012 Bolero and the registration number is quite close to yours. Here is a thread on my beloved Bolero - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ro-lx-4x4.html
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 05:24   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congratulations trishulpani for the team-bhp membership and the Bolero. Hope to see you on 24th July at the Team-bhp monsoon meet. I too have a 2012 Bolero and the registration number is quite close to yours. Here is a thread on my beloved Bolero - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ro-lx-4x4.html
Thanks @BlackPearl! I'm almost certain I've read your post when going through TBHP articles on Bolero
It'd be a privilege to meet you. See you on the 24th!
trishulpani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 12:27   #10
BHPian

Welcome trishulpani. Another Bolero to the Kolkata Bhp community.

Please share stories of your trekking and tours. Have a pleasant stay here.

See you on 24th...
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 10:53   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the gang! It's a small world after all. See you guys tomorrow. I'll carry some stickers for your new beast.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks