Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:31   #1

After 7 attempts, I'm finally a Team-BHPian!

First and foremost.. thank you moderators for allowing me to be a part of this huge family.

I have been following T-BHP since 2013. Kind of stumbled across it to be honest, but have been an avid reader since then.

I got the bug to become a member about 5 months back and it took me 7 attempts to finally get the nod of approval.

About me.. I am a 28 year old IT guy. Definitely not eligible to call myself an authentic motor-head but i can say that I am passionate about cars and traveling.

My family owns a Petrol Swift VXI (2006) and an Esteem VXI. We are going to trade in the Esteem for either a diesel Fiat Punto Evo (dynamic) or a Ford Figo (Titanium). Final decision lies with my sister as she will be the primary driver.

I am also intending to buy a 5 seater SUV this year. Driving will mostly be within the city, but we do take two trips annually for about 750 to 1000 kms on highways. I had previously considered going for the XUV 500 (W6), but it is above my current budget (15 lacs). So now I have decided to go for the Hyundai Creta (1.6 Diesel SX)

So that is it about me for now. Hope to post more in the future. Cheers guys.
jazi.r.88 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:51   #2
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: After 7 attempts, I'm finally a Team-BHPian!

Welcome jazi.r.88 ! Hope to see you participating in discussions and sharing your perspective/knowledge here. Most of us are in a permanent learning state!

About the Hyundai Creta (1.6 Diesel SX), sure its cheaper than a W6? I haven't checked any new car prices for quite some time.

Open to pre-owned options, may be 2 years old? You would get fantastic deals well within that budget.
Old 24th July 2016, 20:08   #3

Hi SDP thanks for the welcome.

The Creta comes to just over 15 lacs at one of my local dealers. There are 2 more to visit before I start the negotiation.

XUV 500 W6, I had opted for the alloy wheels which was an extra 47k along with the 16.3L on-road price. That brings it close to 2 lacs more than my initial budget.

As for pre-owned, my dad feels we should invest in a first hand car. There can be no arguing with him.
jazi.r.88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 09:57   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find a lot of information here to enable you to make an informed decision on your car buying.

Off-topic query: What did you do differently in the 7th attempt ?
Old 28th July 2016, 14:31   #5

Re: After 7 attempts, I'm finally a Team-BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Off-topic query: What did you do differently in the 7th attempt ?
I rephrased my answers to all the questions asked. I suppose I put more effort on my final attempt.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks