Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 20:21   #1
BHPian

Revving hard!

Hello everyone,

Feels good to be posting into team-bhp for the 2nd time

Although I got my membership approved about a year ago, I have finally gotten around to posting here. I have booked my first car - a Swift Zxi Fire Red and will get delivery next Wednesday. Did a PDI of the vehicle today and had the team bhp checklist ready with me. Felt empowered and informed.

Now, something about me - I am an IT professional working in Bangalore for last 1.5 years. Before that I was in Chennai for about 3.5 years.

I have had an interesting journey so far - had my initial schooling in North East (till 12 in Assam), then moved to western India (Gujarat) for my engg. and then North for my MBA. And finally got posted in Chennai.

I learnt driving when I finished class 12th and in a Maruti 800. Before that my family had owned a pre-worshipped Premier Padmini. Gradually honed my driving skills and with my dad slowly giving away the wheels due to old age, I was the designated driver of the house (which I loved btw).

We / I graduated to a Tata Indica in 2012 after selling off the Maruti - this was my first taste of diesel, the kick and acceleration was really awesome (I had no idea of things such as turbo lag, but later when I started reading team-bhp I could relate to it so much). The Indica is still going strong, although it has rattles, vibrations and a diesel clatter (that someone likened it to a tractor)

In between I have tried a host of different cars through ZoomCar - a Ford Figo, an auto Ciaz and a diesel Honda City (which I drove in Delhi).

Last year, when I was in San Francisco for a couple of weeks, I drove a Kia Forte sedan (all by myself) and explored both south and north of the SF bay from 17 Mile Drive to Napa Valley. It was a crazy and a wonderful experience.

So thats about me - in the excitement of getting my new car, I have an excel spreadsheet ready with dates (all weekends) and the places that I am going to visit.

Thanks and keep visiting
J
jphukan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 14:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Revving hard!

Congratulations on the car! The 1.2L K-series is a wonderful engine! The 11:1 compression ratio makes it decently efficient as well as fun to drive around. The engine offers adequate punch whenever required and I am sure you are going to have fun with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Gradually honed my driving skills and with my dad slowly giving away the wheels due to old age, I was the designated driver of the house (which I loved btw).
Something I can totally relate to.
Quote:
Last year, when I was in San Francisco for a couple of weeks, I drove a Kia Forte sedan (all by myself)
Sounds extremely interesting, would definitely like more details on the same.
There are many who have a scrapbook or a diary listing down the places they'd like to visit, you probably might be the first one to have an excel spreadsheet!

Looking forward to reading your travelogues.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks