Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 19:06   #1
BHPian

Hello from Nepal

I became a fan of TeamBHP since I was directed to it by one of the links in Google search. This did not happen a long time ago but just around a year ago. Once I was aware of this site, I became a regular visitor. Then, I felt like commenting on a few posts. But only members could do that. I was rejected the first time I applied for membership. Luckily I was accepted in the second attempt. I am so addicted to TeamBHP that I browsed it even during my final university exams and it was during that period when I made a second attempt at membership.

Though my name sounds Indian, I am a Nepalese. Several names and surnames are common between India and Nepal. I'm currently located in a town called Birgunj where I would remain for a couple of months more. In couple of months, I'd graduate as an ENT Head and Neck Surgeon and would choose some other city possibly my hometown for my further practice.

I've never seen a vehicle with TeamBHP sticker here in Nepal. But I am sure there are other people around like me in this tiny country. I hope to form a local TeamBHP community here. You can get to me on Twitter @amitjha086

Finally, let me inform you that Nepal levies a tax of 240% on each vehicle. To give you an example Swift ZXI is 20 lacs plus Indian Rupees (32 lacs Nepalese Rupees) in Nepal!
amitjha086 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 19:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Hello from Nepal

Welcome to tbhp Amit.

I have been to Nepal many times (at least 6-7 times), last in November 2013. My dad was posted in Kathmandu for 3 years.

If I recall correctly, Birgunj is across the Raxaul border from India. Correct me if I am mistaken.

The mix of cars in Nepal is quite interesting - old and new, Indian brands sharing roads with Japan/Korean imports. But that sort of 2.4x tax I believe prohibits most of general population from owning a car. Are used imports allowed in Nepal?
Old 26th August 2016, 13:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum Amit. Nepal is beautiful, I have been to Kathmandu and Pokhara. Wish to visit the place again in recent future.
240% tax is huge I think Bhutan also levies a huge tax percentage on the vehicles.
Old 26th August 2016, 13:41   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team bhp, Amit. It is indeed a very interesting forum and you will find lots of information about travel, vehicles, advice on problems and a host of other information. There are also some travelogues of members who have driven to Nepal. Hope that you will be using the forum for your journeys in India. We have a large country with very differing terrain and it makes for very interesting drives.
Saji
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks