Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 18:44   #1

Greetings fellow members

Hi folks, really glad to be part of this forum. This is where I have been coming for quite sometime for updates, news, reviews and "gyan" on automobiles.

I work as an IT consultant and based out of Kolkata. Driving has been my passion for quite sometime now. It started with two wheelers and motor bikes remain very close to my heart. I still remember the day when I first laid eyes on my 2001 Adreno Fx being readied for delivery. That was during my engineering days and ever since, I can't remember anything else getting me so exited and anxious at the same time.

My love for cars and appreciation for the good ones have evolved over the past decade or so. The first car I drove was my Dad's Fiat Padmini. It handled like a boat but had a great petrol engine. Then came my own acquisition Tata Indigo CS GLS which I purchased right after I landed my first job post MBA. The car served me well (albeit with quality and reliability issues which Tata cars are infamous for) for around 7 years before making way for my current ride- Ford Ecosport Titanium (D). I am loving every bit of it and am always eager to to plan the next road trip!

The most important thing for me in a car is the usability (driving pleasure, practicality, safety...) and overall dynamics (power, handling, braking). Next on my list comes reliability. I feel these are the two very practical aspects of any machine. Looks are subjective.

Apart from travelling and driving, I also am also interested in photography. Its a hobby which I try to take seriously.

I am looking forward to meet like minded people on this forum to share & enrich my knowledge on automobiles and if possible, explore opportunities for road trips from Kolkata.

And if you have read this far, I believe I owe you my thanks for your patience. Signing off with a recent shot of my ride on one of our recent road trips. See you around...
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings fellow members-my-car.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Spacing between paragraphs. Welcome :)
Mitul1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 16:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Greetings fellow members

Welcome to Team-BHP. Your Ecosport looks majestic and the background too . How about starting an ownership review ?

Also, please go through the rules of this forum :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 09:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Mitul,

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Like you many of us started driving on a Premier Padmini - Fiat 1100 in my case. What fun! If you felt it handled like a boat, I'm sure your current ride is not disappointing you. We'll look forward to an ownership review.

I remember the then "radical-looking" Adreno. As I am somewhat orthodox, it took me a long time to digest its styling.

See you on the forum.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2016 at 14:51. Reason: Typo
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 14:56   #4

Thanks Aditya, Naren.
Aditya- Adreno was a radical design, may be that's what caught my eye. Will I buy it now, may be not, blame my graying hair for that.

Fiat Padmini was definitely a good car to drive around- solid build, decent comfort levels and a punchy engine. But I never liked the way it handled; though it was better than the Amby. Do you have a different experience? Do share. Ecosport handles well considering its a tall boy design. I never feel unnerved while pushing it around corners. The stiff suspension helps, guess its a trade off with having a cushy ride.

Naren- Sure, will try to start an ownership thread soon.

Thanks again guys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks