Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 18:22   #1

Six whole years later, I'm here!

Hello, good people of Team BHP. My name is Arjun, and I'm from Mysore.

As the handy little feature here just informed me, my I applied and got my membership back in 2010 and then completely forgot about it. A lot of things happened since then, gotten myself new wheels and a wife too! I was reading on another forum as to how this place is very difficult to get into and that it's supposedly full of pretentious rich middle aged blokes who didn't want to let anyone in but then I remembered I got in no problems

I'm mostly passionate about touring - avoiding taking the bus/train as far as possible, much to the surprise/disgust of my humble middle class extended family. Driving through Jamshedpur-Assam-Meghalaya-Arunachal-WB-Bhutan and back to Jamshedpur was one of my longest trips, this was back in Feb 2015

To be honest, I've always enjoyed reading the amazing car reviews that GTO and the others put out and it's my go-to source for anything about new cars. I figured it's about time I gave back to the community and so if any members need any help in and around Mysore feel free to get in touch! Not entirely sure about the rules of posting cell numbers or emails here so I'll edit this post once I get clarity.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th September 2016 at 14:18. Reason: Typo
Tomcat1011 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 14:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Six whole years later, I'm here!

Hi Arjun.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Your Join Date is displayed as September 2009. That's a really long time ago. Anyway, good to have you posting (finally).

Nice to know that you enjoy reading our reviews. If I may ask, what car do you own now?

We would love to read a travelogue about you Jamshedpur - Bhutan - Jamshedpur drive.

Trust you have familiarised yourself with Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 20:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Tomcat1011

Mysuru is an awesome place. You get to see vehicles from so many states over there since it is an internationally renowned tourist spot. Any pictures of interesting vehicles you see there would be most welcome. Also, your Feb 2015 travelogue I'm sure would make an interesting read, if you can pen it down for us here

You have come alive just before the Dasara starts, hoping you could post some stuff around that, maybe start a new thread even since we do not have a Mysuru Dasara thread

All the best :-)
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 11:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Welcome Tomcat1011

You have come alive just before the Dasara starts, hoping you could post some stuff around that, maybe start a new thread even since we do not have a Mysuru Dasara thread

All the best :-)
Sure, I would love to contribute! Right now it's pretty messed up because we have a new DC who just took charge a month ago, the tensions about the Kaveri water sharing and the general disenchantment.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm in the travel industry and from what I'm seeing personally and from those around me, our bookings haven't picked up at all!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks