Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 13:42   #1
BHPian

Proud member of a respected clan!

What a great feeling it is, to be a part of the community that I respect so much and hold so close to my heart ! Eight years, that’s how long I have been visiting Team-BHP to satiate my hunger for automotive knowledge. Eight out of ten times when I try to google for any specific query related to cars, be it technical, performance related, maintenance related, modifications related, travel related, guess what? You would see link to a Team-BHP forum at the top of the search results page. Such is the wealth of quality and reliable information about the Indian automotive scene that is available in this community! People have discussed in other forums about how difficult it is to become a member of Team-BHP, on how team BHP is tough on scrutinizing the content that an applicant writes while registering for membership. So finally when I decided to apply for the membership, I fervently and reverently wrote down the answers, checked, rechecked, submitted and then waited, fingers crossed. In three days’ time, while I was driving to Chennai with my Father in his Ford Ecosport I got a message with subject “Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!” That made my day! Feeling very happy and proud to be a member of the clan!

I am a graduate in Production Engineering from NIT, Tiruchirappalli, working as a Senior Planning Engineer in a manufacturing unit of a PSU. Married last year. Presently own a 2014 Ford Figo TDCi Titanium which has done about 42K kilo-meters and a 1992 Royal Enfield Bullet Standard 350 (Third Owner) that covered about 15K kilometers in the last three years of my ownership.

Quoting a part of my response to the question “Why Team-BHP?” that I answered while registering for Team-BHP membership, here.

“The content was of high quality and the information highly reliable. The wealth of information that I found in the forum was astonishing. By then the "Live to Drive" bumper stickers caught my eye in quite a few cars. Little did I know then, that a lifelong association with cars is about to start.
So when the time came in 2013 for my dad to replace his 10 year old Wagon R, I knew where to look for. Started reading review after review in Team-BHP and I became a sort of an expert in Specifications, Features, Variants, Prices, Interiors, Exteriors, Performance, Ride, Handling, Positives, Negatives and what not about every car in every segment. Team-BHP helped me in choosing the mighty 1.5L Ford Ecosport Petrol (Trend) for my father, who has an absolute blast driving it day in and day out. Ford has done that to me. I did not take long for me to realize that I got a flair for driving. A hidden talent, may be. The absolute driving pleasure was so powerful and intense, that I felt a strong urge to drive long and far, no matter what. Soon I wanted a car for myself and I ended up buying a Ford Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium in 2014. Over the years, I have grown to be rational driver. Each passing day I look forward to refine my driving - polishing, perfecting, nurturing my skills and relishing every single minute behind the wheel. Always looking forward to hit the road, I have done near about one lakh Kms in the past three years, in my father’s Ecosport and my Figo combined in varying road conditions- NH, SH, village roads, cities, and ghat sections. I consider speed, quick & smooth gear shifting, precise handling and engine braking as my fortes! Here I am, 29 years young and spellbound by the art of driving! In the past three years, I have become a regular follower of Team-BHP and have developed a sort of respect for the community, for a major part of automotive knowledge that I have gathered, is from Team-BHP. So wishing to be part of this respected comradeship, to learn, to explore and to share.”

Wishing miles and miles of safe and happy motoring. My respects and salutes to the comradeship of Team-BHPians! Thank You!
BLACKBLADE is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 05:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Proud member of a respected clan!

Welcome to the forum.

The zeal with which you have answered the question while applying is testament to your enthusiasm for everything automotive. Ford Figo is interesting choice of car indeed and I have heard nothing but good about the vehicle. I too had the pleasure of owing a Ford Ikon back in 2003 & incidentally drive a Ford Edge (3.7 ltr. V6) currently. Ford Ikon was a hoot to drive; I miss that car even to this day.

It is indeed a place to not only gather valuable information including pearls of wisdom from some very well informed members but also to engage in a thought provoking and invigorating conversation with the fellow forum members on a topic of your choosing.

Look forward to your contribution on the forum. Please take time to make yourself conversant with the rules & regulation regarding submission of posts.

Drive safe!
Old 25th January 2017, 09:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
The zeal with which you have answered the question while applying is testament to your enthusiasm for everything automotive. Ford Figo is interesting choice of car indeed and I have heard nothing but good about the vehicle. I too had the pleasure of owing a Ford Ikon back in 2003 & incidentally drive a Ford Edge (3.7 ltr. V6) currently. Ford Ikon was a hoot to drive; I miss that car even to this day.
Thanks a lot! Indeed, Team-BHP is the place to be for the Indian automotive enthusiast. In one word if have to sum up my feeling about the community, it is RESPECT. It is my duty to share the best of my knowledge and experience with the community.

Fords makes cars for the Driving Enthusiast. Once smitten by it, there is no turning back ain't is Sir ! And a 3.7 V6 Ford Edge would be surely a dream car to drive.

Last edited by ampere : 25th January 2017 at 09:34. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 25th January 2017, 10:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
What a great feeling it is, to be a part of the community that I respect so much and hold so close to my heart ! Eight years, that’s how long I have been visiting Team-BHP to satiate my hunger for automotive knowledge.
Hi Blackblade,

Welcome to the forum! Nice & crisp introduction you got there, and you really seem very excited to be on teambhp. Also, let me complement you on your selection of cars. I have also owned multiple Fords, and the driving pleasure they offer is unmatched by most other cars.

Wishing you a happy and memorable stay on Teambhp.
searchingheaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 12:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Hi Blackblade,
Also, let me complement you on your selection of cars. I have also owned multiple Fords, and the driving pleasure they offer is unmatched by most other cars.
Whoa !! Feels great to hear that from a Pilot ! Thank you Sir.

I love Fords. Here is my response to the question "Which Indian Car ?" which I answered while registering for Team BHP.

" Had a love affair with a girl, but ended up marrying her younger sister! Ha, so I too had a love affair, with The Ford Fiesta Classic – 1.6 Duratec Petrol. Man, she was elegant, gorgeous and brilliant, the kind of girl that you would fall for at the first sight and wish to spend the rest of your life with. Love at first sight, I would say. Timeless styling, Strong build, Powerful Engine, Butter smooth gear shifts, Hydraulic power steering, Terrific handling , Sweet hum of the engine, everything about her make me go frenzy. You don’t necessarily need big bucks to buy an awesome car. The Ford Fiesta Classic can give a driver absolute driving pleasure. The car that I always wanted to own. The girl that I always wanted to marry. I had a date with her even. A long test drive on a curvy road. Was it unrequited love? No she too loved me back. She responded. To my gentle inputs, a touch of the gear lever a tap of the gas pedal, she came to life surging past, tearing the wind. I love the way she handled and cornered. Not to forget about that sensuous exhaust note that still keeps ringing in my head when I close my eyes and think of her. And I could see that in her eyes. The way she kept looking at me when I got out of her and began walking towards the showroom. As fate would have it, or like all things where the brain wins the battle over heart, A monthly running of 2000 Kilo meters made me go for a Diesel Figo Titanium 1.4 Duratorq. And l am not too unhappy either, marrying the younger sibling!

P.S. Note to the moderators: Even though production of Ford Fiesta Classic was stopped and the car was discontinued sometime in September 2015, I am writing about the car here because a first love is always a first love!"
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks