Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2017, 11:58   #1

Promoted to member!

Hi BHPians,

Extremely glad to be among you all. I have been reading the forum since 2008 (recommended by a close friend). At first, i found it a source of interesting and latest info on auto scene (mainly news and sales). Later i started visiting here for the reviews, and then the travelogues. The website moved up to the most visited and bookmarks tab in the browsers. I waited every hour of ever day for new official reviews and ownership reviews. I relished viewing pictures of new deliveries, DIYs, restorations and road trips. And then i decided to attempt for a membership, so as to take part in the conversations. Obviously, for the lack of motivation i got rejected 3 times. Felt like it was not in me to be a Team-BHPian.

Got a job, got married, still kept reading. And one day my wife asks, what do u keep reading always in the laptop and the mobile. I showed her the forum, especially the travelogues. And BAAM! Ladakh trip sanctioned . After mission Ladakh, we decided to buy a car. Fixed on a budget, did some showroom visits, test drives and of course, research on Team-BHP. This is the time i missed most having a membership. Finalised on Baleno Delta Petrol (Ray blue). Delivered after around 115 days. My 30th birthday was coming up, and decided to give it a try once more. Had a new thought. Decided to write how a Team-BHPian would write. I think this is what did the trick. I made it! And now i realise, being a committed member is a greater challenge than acquiring the membership.

My attraction towards cars began right from childhood (as for most of the guys). Fascinated by their looks and designs, i used to collect pictures (even made an album; ya, i still have it ). My father is an excellent driver and takes good care of the cars he has (regular maintenance and slick clean). He inspired my love for cars, and now its nourished by Team-BHP. I have a some experiences to post here and a lot more to gain from here and make practical. Thanks to the moderators for making me a part of this brotherhood and thanks to all members who makes this place a haven for car lovers. Finally i would like to post pictures of the two cars which are at my disposal now. The Liva (my dad's car), when we took it to the famous Muzhuppilangad drive-in beach near Kannur, Kerala and the Baleno, on its delivery day during Nov 2016 at Calicut Popular Nexa.

Promoted to member!-img_3937.jpg

Promoted to member!-p_20161208_155622.jpg
KLxpress is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 17:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Promoted to member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLxpress View Post
My 30th birthday was coming up, and decided to give it a try once more. Had a new thought. Decided to write how a Team-BHPian would write. I think this is what did the trick. I made it!
Good to know you figured out the real secret.

Welcome to TeamBHP, where erudition still counts.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 09:58   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome KLxpress - Is that what you've named your car? Nicely written intro .

Quote:
Got a job, got married, still kept reading.
Team-BHP's a drug for life . We've gotten you addicted.

Quote:
And one day my wife asks, what do u keep reading always in the laptop and the mobile.
Please don't use SMS language on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Finalised on Baleno Delta Petrol (Ray blue).
Good choice - quite an all-rounder of a car. You got a jewel of an engine under the hood.

Quote:
I have a some experiences to post here
Looking forward to your threads. Great to have you with us.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 11:19   #4

Thanks to Samurai and GTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Good to know you figured out the real secret.
Well, it was inevitable, given the time i was spending here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome KLxpress - Is that what you've named your car?
Yes sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please don't use SMS language on Team-BHP.
Sorry to commit the mistake even after reading the Board Rules section. Will keep tabs on it. Also was unaware of the post editing rules. Noticed two mistakes which i could have easily corrected within the time limit.
KLxpress is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 13:39   #5
BHPian

Ola KLxpress! Great to know one more automaniac from the Malabar coast!

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

And BAAM! Ladakh trip sanctioned . After mission Ladakh, we decided to buy a car.
Please let us know more about the trip! I've been stuck on the "I'll-go-this-year-for-sure" stage for quite a while now

Quote:

The Liva (my dad's car), when we took it to the famous Muzhuppilangad drive-in beach near Kannur, Kerala and the Baleno, on its delivery day during Nov 2016 at Calicut Popular Nexa.
Thats a one-of-a-kind beach! It's actually a 5 minute drive from my place. I have to clean my floor mats every Monday morning
GeneralJazz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:11   #6

Hi GeneralJazz,
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Ola KLxpress! Great to know one more automaniac from the Malabar coast!
Glad to know a Team-BHPian is nearby. I will need tips (on places to see and places to eat) for my next visit to Kannur.
Quote:
Please let us know more about the trip! I've been stuck on the "I'll-go-this-year-for-sure" stage for quite a while now.
We too were in a similar situation. I think its common for most who have plans for Ladakh. I will definitely write about it. We already have around 15 threads in the travelogue section on Ladakh trips. And ours will be less exciting compared to the others. I had to say this because due to time constraints(4 days including acclimatisation), at Leh, we flew in, booked a cab, completed the trip (Lamayuru/Confluence of Indus and Zanskar/Khardung La/Nubra/Pangong) and flew out. Normally, one would tend to drive in/out through equally pleasurable Shimla/Manali/Srinagar consuming an extended duration.
Quote:
Thats a one-of-a-kind beach! It's actually a 5 minute drive from my place. I have to clean my floor mats every Monday morning.
You are very lucky. Its one of the six best beaches for driving as shortlisted by BBC in 2016. Enjoy to the fullest.
KLxpress is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 12:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

My attraction towards cars began right from childhood (as for most of the guys). Fascinated by their looks and designs, i used to collect pictures (even made an album; ya, i still have it ).
Even I do share similar childhood experiences as you but I do not have my Album right now.
amitpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 12:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

My attraction towards cars began right from childhood (as for most of the guys). Fascinated by their looks and designs, i used to collect pictures (even made an album; ya, i still have it ).
Even I do share similar childhood experiences as you but I do not have my Album right now.
Old 1st April 2017, 09:04   #9
BHPian

Welcome to this addictive group, the learning never stops.

Quote:

Please let us know more about the trip! I've been stuck on the "I'll-go-this-year-for-sure" stage for quite a while now

Can someone please provide me with a convincing argument to get a Ladakh trip sanctioned, wife, 2 kids( 7 &4) , work.

Of course the wife wants to go but wont let be drive, because I am not "mountain certified" and kids are too young now(her logic).

Last edited by nitishk : 1st April 2017 at 09:07. Reason: spelling
nitishk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:10   #10

Hi nitish,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
Of course the wife wants to go but wont let be drive, because I am not "mountain certified" and kids are too young now(her logic).
You could go through the various threads regarding Ladakh in the travelogue section and learn the specific issues encountered in the self driven trips. This takes care of the "mountain certification". Everything has a first time, and its not all mountains, but level terrain too. BRO has done a really good job with the road construction. But you may encounter short stretches without roads. Positively, we witnessed situations where car and bike riders were helped by fellow tourists and army trucks/convoys, in case of mechanical breakdown. And the kids will love it if they are into road trips. Not so sure about the 4 year old though. Well, who am i to say, we are still parents 'in the making'.

This is the right time to start planning if you want to make the trip this year.
KLxpress is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks