Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2017, 17:43   #1
BHPian

Greetings BHPians

Hey friends,

My name is Pranavajothi P. I'm from Namakkal, TN. After plus two I studied Production Engineering at Hosur. I never crossed the state border until my 2nd year engineering, not even to Bangalore which is 40 kms from Hosur. Now I work in Pune and travel to TN only twice a year .

I started to read Team-BHP just few years ago. Initially I would read all official reviews. As days passed I was hooked to this website that I would open the site daily to read any new post. It was not only because of the technical stuff but also the travelogues. It helped me a lot with articles on buying my new car.

My childhood dream was to own a HM-Contessa. Then, in my native if somebody says “pleasure car” I must admit it was “Contessa”. My first drive was a Maruti 800 (1997 model) which was bought as a second-hand by my dad. Though it was a used car I liked it very much and I was on the driver’s seat every time I visited my home.

My present drive is a Honda Amaze which I adore for its driving comfort and very good brakes. I desire to own a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT & BMW 530d M.

To simply say “a normal guy with big dreams”.

pranavGTI
pranavGTI is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Greetings BHPians

Welcome Pranavajothi! We are glad to have you here. I am sure besides reading those wonderful travelogues here, you will have some to share with us as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavGTI View Post
My childhood dream was to own a HM-Contessa. Then, in my native if somebody says “pleasure car” I must admit it was “Contessa”. My first drive was a Maruti 800 (1997 model) which was bought as a second-hand by my dad. Though it was a used car I liked it very much and I was on the driver’s seat every time I visited my home.
A lot of us who belong to that era had dream cars like Contessa and Standard 2000! And traversing those times with the advent of Maruti 800 was something which we should (at least I personally) feel lucky about. It was a great revolution to be witnessed and I am glad that our generation was attestant of the same. And see how times change...a car with 45-50 BHP back then (not talking about M800) was considered to be powerful enough and how we dismiss much higher numbers today as 'under-powered'!

Quote:
I desire to own a Mercedes-Benz AMG GT & BMW 530d M.
To simply say “a normal guy with big dreams”.

See you around.

Regards,
Saket.

Last edited by saket77 : 27th June 2017 at 18:02.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 10:59   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Pranav! Great to have you with us.

Quote:
I never crossed the state border until my 2nd year engineering, not even to Bangalore which is 40 kms from Hosur. Now I work in Pune and travel to TN only twice a year
Spend some time in our travelogues forum, then we'll talk .

Quote:
My childhood dream was to own a HM-Contessa
All of us, man, all of us. The styling & that lusty 1.8L petrol were irresistible in the 80s & 90s. The rest of the car? Naah.

Here's a thread with pics for you to drool on - link.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:21   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Always music to the ears when one says "Contessa". I will hate HM forever to discontinuing that car!

Welcome to the forum PranavGTI. Considering you are from TN working in MH12, you are mostly just like me...a slave of the IT Industry who puts his/her beloved car through the horrible Hinjewadi or Magarpatta road traffic daily... (Although I'm MH12 from birth ).

See you around! Do stay active.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 17:59   #5
BHPian

I have read posts of trips to Bhutan & NE. The pictures are amazing. Many times I keep scrolling and look at the pictures without even reading the story.

The feel when sitting inside the Contessa and looking at others like "Get out of my way, the road is all mine" , must be experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Always music to the ears when one says "Contessa". I will hate HM forever to discontinuing that car!
I regret for HM pulling Contessa out of the market. We can join hands to buy the ownership rights of the car, re-design and relaunch it .

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the EDIT and QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post rather than submitting one post after another. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th June 2017 at 18:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks