Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2006, 01:57   #1
BHPian

Hi there,

I ve been a member of this site for i guess 6 months or more.. and have browsed for useful info and found it...but have always skipped the intro section. i just could not get myself to this page. but finally i did... !!! yeah...well call it mood and yeah im moody....!

i love cars and bikes in whatever form old , new , vintage... successful models and the disaster ones....everyone of these machines has a story to tell.... ! it fascinates me.... every car is induvidual being.and a work of art.......and it begins when u pick it up from the showroom.... correct me if im wrong......ive driven friends cars , same models , bought a few months apart , done almost the same milage , but hey they sound different, feel different..smell different...! ...thats why i love them....! cause its individualistic......and thats you...

Now it gets a little historical , so if ure not into this kinda stuff move on.... just in the mood to type on my laptop.... cheers !

u still reading on..... thankyou then......

im from idly land (thats my fav breakfast meal) chennai , moved to bangalore and then to mumbai. Im and advertising producer turning director and also an amatuer photographer ( read canon EOS 350 D) . so that sums it up ......... love to travel and document it and people .

Life started on the moped that moved millions the TVS 50 XL which was already 8 years then bought by my dad inmy 11th grade that i used to ride for my coaching classes...damn...!
collage... guys , girls .....bikes.... made money partime jobs, modelling , stupid things called fashion shows and bought myself a fury 175 Grand prix....( tks to my elder cousin) wow whataaa bike...it had its problems but . I loved it !!!!..

and u know what i became instantly famous...with the guys....and the girls....life changed ..... it was awesome...!!!...i didnt know at that time that a bike could do this....!!!!!....

My cousin also taught me a few tricks and add a dash of adrenaline... i mastered it to the T....i used to ride a bike that would put the shogun to shame when in form...( no disrespect ..!) but ive proved it many times in drag races...a potent super short stroke ...zundapp mill on steriods ....and a brembo disc to stomp on with a screetch.......ha ha.... !..alloy wheels.. ..

Man, machine and adrenaline... whoa whata combination....

started working ....by now.... but there was still the boy in me....so,

i wanted the king...and guess what as luck would have it a good friend of mine was going away for 4 months and he loaned me his karnataka registered RD 350 ... well she was stock , she rode well ..... was a bit noisy...i loved her....it was as good as mine...and i handled her with care , but she ripped my wallet apart , more than the babes did.... money was hard to find man...back then! ...advertising pays u peanuts when ure a beginner...

got older , and wiser , i think....................sold my old fury, bought another one , stock well maintained DX , she rode like a queen ... had her for 2 years and then a couple of 100 cc bikes later i finally bought the machismo avl 350 in 2001 which i rode to bangalore and cargoed to mumbai , ride her around here whenever possible...i cant possibly ride any other bike , im addicted to her... even my fiancee loves her... she's family ...

life progessed ....my first car.. a black alto in 2002 ... i still got her in chennai.. that car is a tru first car... trouble free , awesome milage, and small... i have driven her to banaglore and back i dont know how many times....! (5.5 hrs , 1 stop at chitoor for tea and butter biscuits............a fav at the mechanic shops where i used to spend long hourrs... back in those days.....i love it..tastes great...!!! u should try it... the next time u visit a garage...!!!!!)

....and when i moved to mumbai... i bought a sparingly used siena 1.2, with a lot of skeptisism.... ( 28,000 km on clock).as it came within my budget...read as low resale... huh...! she gave me a few probs in the beginning , nothing major except for the radiator fan which i replaced at around 35000 kms...now is 52,000K and still runs like a tank....my levels of respect for fiat has grown a ton.... they know how to make cars and the palio 1.6...wow...she's a stress buster..... ( i know there are a lot of fans on this site....cheers guys...!).... im wating for the redesinged palio to hit the markets in Jan.... i'll probably buy one more of it .... just to pamper my right foot. u know......... Its better excercise that goin to gym dude !... with memberships sky rocketing... i rather fill my gas tank....and get a BANG for my BUCK...thank god he's blessed me with a good frame that does not need much maintenance.......!!!!!

SO that brings me up to date.... 2006 ! well, a car that i would love to own and drive , would be a white maserati quattroporte..... ( only i would drive it and no driver!).... will get one oneday...

pardon the spelling errors...

hope u enjoyed reading this... ive never typed so much for a while....

great job team BHP....

my moto is 'SPEED HEALS '

AND by the way u can call me .... Johnny...!

cheers!
Old 10th November 2006, 13:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow you should be nominated for the longest intro award.!!

anyways nice intro johnny.!

welcome aboard, hope that from now on you will be regular on the forum,keep posting.!!

cheers
faithless
Old 10th November 2006, 14:14   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard, machinehead. It was nice to read your "history".
Now that faithless_1984 mentioned it, this does look like the longest intro!
Old 10th November 2006, 15:04   #4
BHPian

Hey Johnny...

Quite an interesting bit of introduction. Welcome to T-BHP. Enjoy your stay!

Cheers
K
Old 10th November 2006, 20:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

That was more like reading an Autobiography mate. Great one you rock and one of the best intro's I have read. I wouldnt welcome you because you have been around for over 6 months . Nice intro.

Cheers
Old 10th November 2006, 21:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful intro!This and ASHWIN's intro are an example on how to post an intro(i still havent posted mine)

enjoy
Old 11th November 2006, 00:01   #7
BHPian

welcome to team-bhp and have fun
Old 11th November 2006, 02:17   #8
BHPian

That's a really nice introduction there Johnny. Welcome (back) to Tbhp!
Old 11th November 2006, 02:18   #9
BHPian

thanks a lot guys... and for the award...!....
Old 12th November 2006, 14:02   #10
Jay
BHPian

wow thats a long intro... anyways Johnny, welcome and have a nice stay...

Last edited by Jay : 12th November 2006 at 14:05.
Old 15th November 2006, 10:53   #11
BHPian

hey bro .. welcome to Team-bhp .. great intro .. have a good time in here .. take care .. drive safe ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks