Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 14:36   #1

Namaskaram

Hello T-BHPians,

I learnt about T-BHP in 2012. I was immediately bowled over by this passionate community of auto enthusiasts and tried to become a member on 15 August 2013. Guess what – My membership got approved in the first attempt.

So here I am, “Zhopi Gelela Jaaga Zhala” – which in Marathi means, “He who had fallen asleep has now woken up.”

I am a Logistics professional working for a reputed MNC, with a M.A.T-BHP (Mad about Team BHP), Degree conferred by myself. I was a resident of Mumbai for the last 40 years, shifted to Navi Mumbai in 2015, presently residing at Nerul.

I currently own a Bullet 350 TBTS and this transition has been like the stages of evolution. I started my ‘riding’ life with a Hercules ‘MilkMan’ Cycle, progressed to Bajaj Chetak 150 (when I got my first job), migrated to TVS Suzuki AX 100R on which I did Bombay (as it was known in 1990)-Bangalore-Mysore-Srirangapatnam, then to Yamaha RX-100 (during my courtship), Hero Honda Splendor CD100SS (after marriage – when you develop this ‘cost cutting’ attitude), TVS Victor (when I blessed with a boy), Honda Unicorn (replacement for ‘Uncle Bike Victor’ as my son started growing up) and finally settled happily with Bullet (Nirvana).!
The same theory can also be said about the cars that I owned – Maruti 800DX (5 Speed MPFI), i10 Sports, Swift Dzire VDI, Ford Figo TDCi Titanium (which I currently drive).

I am a naturalized Mumbaikar who speaks TaMaMalHi dialect (mixture of Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam & Hindi) at home, married (first to my bike and car) and then to my wife (who has resigned herself to my idiosyncrasies and the time spent with my bike and car)

I love riding my ‘Bull’, driving sensibly, maintaining my car and bike in ship shape and watching train videos on You Tube (during spare time)

I am privileged to be a member of T-BHP and be a part of this great family of likeminded auto enthusiasts.

Thanks a lot for your patient reading.!

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th July 2017 at 14:40.
Yasasri is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 17:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Namaskaram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasasri View Post
Hello T-BHPians,

I learnt about T-BHP in 2012. I was immediately bowled over by this passionate community of auto enthusiasts and tried to become a member on 15 August 2013. Guess what – My membership got approved in the first attempt.
Now, should I extend a warm welcome to you or you to those of us who joined after you? 4 years in silence is quite a while. While there are many who have been trying the like Genghis Khan to get a membership, here you are, silent for such a long time!

I hope your silence is now silent and expect to hear from you a lot more : )

Cheers
Old 26th July 2017, 10:36   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
become a member on 15 August 2013
Welcome! You sure took your own sweet time, eh? As they say, better late than never.

Witty intro . Nicely written. Hope to see an ownership report of your Bullet.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
and watching train videos on You Tube (during spare time)
LOL. I do that too and love it. As they say Boys will be Boys always.

Check this out. I couldn't take my eyes off for the entire 7 minutes and 20 seconds.

Warning: Highly addictive for train lovers.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 26th July 2017 at 11:37.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 11:31   #5

Thanks a lot Cliff Hanger for your welcome. Feels good . The video that you posted was fantastic..really couldn't take my eyes off it. As you share the same interest as mine, would recommend that you watch the videos on You Tube by Natarajan (NCS Movies), RF Bipin, Aditya Vaidyanathan. You are sure to be glued and asking for more.

I bet you would agree that nothing is more enjoyable than watching the ALCO Locos (WDM2, WDM3 & 3A, WDG3A) chugging as they still continue to do their duties for the IR. Current gen. diesel locos - WDP4/4D does not give you this flavour.

Since you are a rail fan like me, I am sure you also would be a member of the IRFCA.ORG.

Happy Watching!

Sridhar R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome! You sure took your own sweet time, eh? As they say, better late than never.

Thanks a lot for your warm Welcome GTO. Feels goods.

Witty intro . Nicely written. Hope to see an ownership report of your Bullet.
I am happy that this was well received and all the more happy to learn that I have not lost my creativity despite 'pathetic' work schedules and 'graveyard shifts'.

By the Way, my 'Bull' is now under wraps owing to the monsoons in Mumbai as I don't generally ride during this season considering the conditions of the roads. I shall definitely do a ownership report once I resume riding.

Thanks again Sir.

Sridhar R.

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Yasasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 12:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Cliff Hanger for your welcome. Feels good . The video that you posted was fantastic..really couldn't take my eyes off it. As you share the same interest as mine, would recommend that you watch the videos on You Tube by Natarajan (NCS Movies), RF Bipin, Aditya Vaidyanathan. You are sure to be glued and asking for more.
Yep, just started and it already triggered my childhood nostalgia. Thank you, will subscribe to them.

Quote:
I bet you would agree that nothing is more enjoyable than watching the ALCO Locos (WDM2, WDM3 & 3A, WDG3A) chugging as they still continue to do their duties for the IR.
Exactly!

Also, train journeys fascinate me like anything. Especially travelling with unknown people but somehow having a vague connect with them with those occasional smiles exchanged, those pretty girls that get to travel with you sometimes and managing to catch their eyes and feeling a high, those occasional chit-chats with other families, at nights and at early mornings when everybody is asleep standing near the door and feeling the breeze, feeling the sound of the train chugging along, the small small lights in those small houses that pass by, the scent of flowers, those occasional streams that pass under, were all very fascinating to me, when I was younger.

I used to have some weird attraction for the loco Headlight. The light beam that comes out of it used to amaze me and make me wonder, "Ok, this big long train is all set to move". I try to walk till the loco and try to get a sneak peek like what is it inside, to find out what is so powerful inside that is able to pull those 24 coaches.

Another favorite pass time was to cross through the coaches on long journeys especially on Tamil Nadu Express(from Chennai to Delhi), crossing each coach joints was an exciting experience and finally reaching the Pantry to get your Veg Cutlet and Sauce. Hmm

Quote:
Since you are a rail fan like me, I am sure you also would be a member of the IRFCA.ORG.

Happy Watching!

Sridhar R.
Unfortunately No, but will definitely check it out. Like you, I'm also into travelling, and then deeply into bodybuilding and music, so juggling between all these along with friends and family in the limited time we have, unfortunately few things take a back stage and my love for trains is one. But I still manage to get back to it as childhood love is hard to forget . Since my big size doesn't fit into the coaches anymore, I've stopped travelling by train, it's been more than a decade since I last traveled in a train.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 29th July 2017 at 13:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks