Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 04:09   #1
BHPian

Knocking on Team-BHP's door

Was knocking on Heaven's door for a long time and one day the door just opened!

Hello BHPians, my name is Archisman, I am from Kolkata, WB. However, I am normally called as Rahul, which is my "daak" or pet name. Anybody who has a Bengali friend or from Bengal will know, we Bengalis have at least two names.

I first came across T-BHP on 2009, while looking information on "Garpanchkot" and was bowled over by the information on a particular travelogue. Though I ended up going to "Mukutmanipur" instead. Those days it was particularly helpful, as Internet and GPS were not good, back then.

I was not a regular visitor and would only come for information. I did try to register a couple of times and got rejected. It was in 2016 when my father was finally ready to say good bye to our old Maruti 800 from 1996. I was confused about the new car and what does one do in those situations? Simply run to T-BHP for help. Before this, I did not pay much attention to car reviews and would only check the particular information needed and once again was bowled over by the information available and this time I realised this will be a life time love affair. I ended up buying i10 Grand for my Father.

Have tried at least 3/4 times in the last one year, before the door finally opened. I first learned driving in our "landmaster" car, my trusted steed is now SX4/AT.

Outside cars, I love reading books, watching movies, cricket, cooking and playing video games(PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4). Yes, I know people of my age normally do not play video games normally but myself and my wife are avid gamers but unfortunately, we do not get much time to play, nowadays. oh, I also love debating with my wife, for who is a better gamer and who is a better cook!

Okay, enough rambling. Thank you "mods" for accepting my request this time and all the users who made this forum a virtual wonder.

P.S- Got "503" error while I tried to post my first post in T-BHP.!

Last edited by GTO : 31st July 2017 at 11:06. Reason: Typos
hok kolorob is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st July 2017, 07:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Knocking on Team-BHP's door

Hi there, Welcome to TBHP.

Story of many of us - we chanced upon TBHP, sometimes think we'll come back and register. Then try a few times before we get in. But now you are, so enjoy the journey.

How goes the id ? Can you share about your TBHP handle ?
Old 1st August 2017, 04:18   #3
BHPian

Re: Knocking on Team-BHP's door

Thanks a lot, Condor.

Quote:
How goes the id ? Can you share about your TBHP handle ?
Those are Bengali words. A very loose translation will be: Let there be a noise/shouts of many voices.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2017 at 07:08. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum !!

An interesting handle, I must add. Almost the same story as mine. Chanced upon this site while looking for a new car to buy, remained a guest for a few years and then got in to join the group.

As condor said above - enjoy the journey and share all your miles and smiles !

Last edited by Zappo : 3rd August 2017 at 15:01. Reason: Please avoid writing posts replete with dots. This make your posts difficult to read for many others.
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok kolorob View Post
Was knocking on Heaven's door for a long time and one day the door just opened!
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Mate, this is your first post and you already gathered an infraction! Please go through forum rules and have a wonderful stay here.

Look forward to a travelogue from you on the place you visited.
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

Interesting handle indeed! I did not catch on to the language until I read your post that explains the handle.
Old 3rd August 2017, 15:52   #7
BHPian

Hello! Welcome to the forum!
Great to know about your hobbies. Hope to get a chance to learn a few authentic Bengali cuisines from you!
Old 4th August 2017, 05:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Welcome to the forum !!

An interesting handle, I must add. Almost the same story as mine. Chanced upon this site while looking for a new car to buy, remained a guest for a few years and then got in to join the group.
Thanks a lot "TheStranger". Hopefully, you will no longer be a "stranger", after this Sunday :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Mate, this is your first post and you already gathered an infraction! Please go through forum rules and have a wonderful stay here.
Yes, that must be a new TBHP record. I should have been more careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Look forward to a travelogue from you on the place you visited.
Will certainly give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Interesting handle indeed! I did not catch on to the language until I read your post that explains the handle.
Thank you Zappo :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpatnaik View Post
Hello! Welcome to the forum!
Great to know about your hobbies. Hope to get a chance to learn a few authentic Bengali cuisines from you!
Thanks a lot. Will love to share any recipe.
Old 4th August 2017, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know people of my age normally do not play video games
I do!!! PS2, 3 and 4. Though like you say, can hardly find time enough these days. What kind of games you into?

Welcome to the forum!!!
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 02:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
I do!!! PS2, 3 and 4. Though like you say, can hardly find time enough these days. What kind of games you into?

Welcome to the forum!!!
Thank you :-). My wife and I are both into "Third person" Action/Adventure, kind of games. For example Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Infamous, God of War etc, games with little puzzle and action. Though recently I have started playing "Heavy Rains", but sadly my wife simply hates the game.

What about you? what sort of games do you like?
Old 7th August 2017, 06:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
What about you? what sort of games do you like?
Oh, we have quite the same taste in games I see. Third person action adventures, both open world and linear is my favourite genre too. Huge fan of the Uncharted series. Narrative/story driven games like TLoU, Red Dead Redemption etc are other favourites.

Games like Heavy Rain and TLoU have a stronger effect on you if you are a parent. Do finish Heavy Rain, it's quite a nice experience.
Old 7th August 2017, 07:29   #12
BHPian

Not a parent, yet. However, I can certainly understand the emotion. Yes, I also love Uncharted series, got a special edition of Uncharted 3 as well. My wife says, it is nothing but a male "Lara Croft" :-), she is a huge "Lara" series fan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks