Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 16:43   #1
VR4
BHPian

Finally made it to Team-BHP - Third time lucky

Hello Friends !

A very good evening to all my friends, especially those based in India.

Finally made it to TBHP after two previous unsuccessful attempts -

To introduce myself, I am Raja from Secunderabad.

Have had a fascination for cars and bikes from my school days and Moto Guzzi used to be my favourite then, but had to be satisfied with a Hero Honda CD 100, which I rode for close to 90,000 KMS before upgrading to a Shogun and subsequently to Unicorn.

As for cars, my first was a Maruti 800 and the present one is a Ritz VXI in which I have covered more than 1 Lakh KMS ( 1.07 to be precise) with almost 25% on highways between Secunderabad - Chennai, Bangalore and a trip to Munnar.

My interest in bikes and cars increased after my Son, Aditya was born in 2005.

He started showing interest when he was just 2 years old ( now he is 12) and has never looked back. He is extremely passionate about cars and bikes and automobiles are the only topic he discusses and articles he reads and videos he watches on my wife's laptop or TV.

As for the Team BHP membership I can now proudly paste the sticker on my car without feeling guilty !!!.

Would especially like to thank GTO for assisting me with my registration.

Would also like to thank S2!!! and Rehaan for the fantastic review of the S Cross. Would also like to thank everyone in the review for their inputs. The names of Dr. Naren, KPZEN, KeyOne, Sinharishi , Balan come to my mind immediately. My sincere apologies as I know I am not mentioning the rest, but that does not make their inputs any less valuable.

Hopefully I shall be posing more in the days, months and years to come.

Thanking you once again.

Safe driving and riding to all my friends!

Raja.

P.S. :Meanwhile , what would be the best alternative for the S Cross 1.6 ( as it would not be available now) Had the EcoSport facelift in mind.
VR4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:35   #2
BHPian

Re: Finally made it to Tem BHP - Third time lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
Hello Friends !

Hopefully I shall be posing more in the days, months and years to come.
Welcome Aboard sir! It is really a proud moment for Petrolhead father's like you (and my dad) that their son's also have inherited this from their dad's(me and your son Aditya).

Call it sheer coincidence, even I reside in Secunderabad and even my college is also in Secunderabad. BTW, I reside near Trimulgheery. To be precise, I live near Diary Farm Road.

Regarding your query, since it is confirmed that Maruti has no plans of offering 1.6 DDIS for the facelift (a dimwit move from Maruti IMO), I would rather recommend waiting for the facelifted Ecosport and the upcoming Tata Nexon (coming sometime later this month). Even if you plan to wait for the 1.5 DDIS, I can say that it's not worth waiting for it since Maruti isn't a pioneer when it comes to diesel powertrains and have failed miserably in their 1st attempt (Celerio DDIS).

Hope to meet you sometime in future (or should I say near future).

Looking forward to your posts here on Team-BHP
Drive safe and Buckle up,
Varun

Last edited by aah78 : 8th September 2017 at 20:41. Reason: Typo. EDIT: Quote fixed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 18:52   #3
BANNED

Welcome on-board sir. Nice to have you here. I am from Hyderabad too

Quote:
the present one is a Ritz VXI in which I have covered more than 1 Lakh KMS ( 1.07 to be precise).
Ritz is the most underrated car from Maruti Suzuki. I had that car too for 1.08L kms after which I exchanged it for Swift ZDi that too has clocked 1.23L kms.

Quote:
P.S. :Meanwhile , what would be the best alternative for the S Cross 1.6 ( as it would not be available now) Had the EcoSport facelift in mind.
I am in the same boat as you.

I too wanted the S-Cross 1.6 but thanks to Maruti, I had to look at Hyundai Creta. I have booked the Creta on 30th, expecting delivery by month end.

Can you tell us your requirements, we can help you out.

Once again, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th September 2017 at 18:58.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 20:28   #4
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I too wanted the S-Cross 1.6 but thanks to Maruti, I had to look at Hyundai Creta. I have booked the Creta on 30th, expecting delivery by month end.
Congratulations on your booking. Hope you enjoy your new car. Personally wasn't too impressed with the Creta. The seating is too low and the diesel SXO is out of my budget. We are a family of 4. Self, Wife Son and 22 years daughter, But after an year or so we would be only three as my daughter would be going out for her higher studies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Welcome Aboard sir!
Call it sheer coincidence, even I reside in Secunderabad and even my college is also in Secunderabad. BTW, I reside near Trimulgheery. To be precise, I live near Diary Farm Road.

Eco Sport would be good bet, but can't say the same for Nexon, going by their past or for that matter present products. Especially pertaining to reliability. Definitely NO for a diesel coming directly from Maruti.

Thank you very much Varun. My Son was also named Varun, but we subsequently named him Aditya. In fact many of his friends still address him as Varun.

I stay in Old Alwal.

Definitely Varun.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th September 2017 at 20:42. Reason: Post edited. Please don't include in-line replies to quotes. Quote only relevant portions. Thanks!
Old 8th September 2017, 21:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Eco Sport would be good bet, but can't say the same for Nexon, going by their past or for that matter present products. Especially pertaining to reliability. Definitely NO for a diesel coming directly from Maruti.

Thank you very much Varun. My Son was also named Varun, but we subsequently named him Aditya. In fact many of his friends still address him as Varun.

I stay in Old Alwal.

Definitely Varun.
That's again a coincidence! Would definitely love to meet you and Varun a.k.a Aditya soon as we also live quite close. It's something like 3-4kms from my house to old alwal and will catch up soon accordingly.

I can vouch that the Tata's have changed and have changed for good. This is me saying who once picked up a Fiat Linea over a Tata Manza and me now who bought the Hexa over the compass. But there's no denying that the Ecosport is the safe bet.

Thanks,
Varun
Old 8th September 2017, 21:51   #6
BANNED

Re: Finally made it to Team-BHP - Third time lucky

Quote:
BTW, I reside near Trimulgheery. To be precise, I live near Diary Farm
Quote:
It's something like 3-4kms from my house to old alwal and will catch up soon accordingly.
Haha, pure coincidence.

I too stay near Old alwal. World is small.
Old 8th September 2017, 21:58   #7
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
That's again a coincidence! Would definitely love to meet you and Varun a.k.a Aditya soon as we also live quite close. It's something like 3-4kms from my house to old alwal and will catch up soon accordingly.
Sure Varun. looking forward to meeting you as well.

Hexa is a great car. Am sure you are enjoying your drives. My Son loves it, but way beyond my budget ( XT - 4x2), but would love to see your car.

Quote:
Haha, pure coincidence.

WOW Anurag ! Yes indeed.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2017 at 22:10. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 9th September 2017, 07:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Varun. looking forward to meeting you as well.

Hexa is a great car. Am sure you are enjoying your drives. My Son loves it, but way beyond my budget ( XT - 4x2), but would love to see your car.

WOW Anurag ! Yes indeed.
Sir, I actually cannot drive my beast (XTA 4x2) since I'm only 16! So, will not drive a car untill I'm 18 buy yeah you can see my beast during the next Team-BHP Hyderabad meet.

Quote:
Haha, pure coincidence.

World is really small indeed! Would definitely meet you both sometime in the near future.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 11:14   #9
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, I actually cannot drive my beast (XTA 4x2) since I'm only 16! So, will not drive a car untill I'm 18 buy yeah you can see my beast during the next Team-BHP Hyderabad meet.

World is really small indeed! Would definitely meet you both sometime in the near future.
Sure Anurag. Looking forward to meeting you both as well.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:30   #10
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome on-board sir. Nice to have you here. I am from Hyderabad too

Ritz is the most underrated car from Maruti Suzuki. I had that car too for 1.08L kms after which I exchanged it for Swift ZDi that too has clocked 1.23L kms.

I am in the same boat as you.

Can you tell us your requirements, we can help you out.

Once again, welcome to the forum.
Hi Anurag! How are you? Hope you are doing well.

Coming to my requirement, as explained we are a family of four. I drive around 1,000 to 1,200 Kms in a month. Used to drive to Chennai once a month, but this frequency would come down drastically. We also go on our vacations twice in an year, mostly to hill stations.

Had booked the 1.3 S Cross and subsequently cancelled it after test driving the 1.6.

Also test drove the City and Vento ( both 1.6 and 1.2 TSI ) as I was not too keen on going for diesel. Booked the City (VXO) and subsequently cancelled it after Sundaram Honda went back on their committed price for my Ritz VXI ABS. My family fell in love with the City for it's interiors and the Vento for the interiors and build quality.

Based on my above driving should I go for diesel or petrol.

Still have the City and Vento in mind, but concerned about the mileage and the maintenance costs of both. Alternately have the EcoSport facelift and the S Cross facelift in mind as well.

Have to think of the fuel costs and the EMIs as well

S Cross 1.3, Vento 1.6 and EcoSport petrol would cost more or less the same. The same applies to City VX and Vento TSI, although TSI would be a bit cheaper. EcoSport diesel would be higher.

Should I settle for the S Cross 1.3 as the petrol would come only in Feb or March 2018.

You inputs would be of immense help as I am confused.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:38   #11
BANNED

Quote:
I drive around 1,000 to 1,200 Kms in a month. Based on my above driving should I go for diesel or petrol.

Should I settle for the S Cross 1.3 as the petrol would come only in Feb or March 2018.
I'll say for 1,200 kms a month, get petrol powered car unless you are possibly sure that the running will not increase in future.

Did you TD the facelift S-Cross 1.3? I don't think S-Cross 1.3 is a good buy for you looking at the running you have.

I'll vote for City VX (O) if you are going for petrol one. EcoSport facelift can be considered.

Last edited by a4anurag : 6th October 2017 at 18:39.
Old 6th October 2017, 20:02   #12
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
I'll say for 1,200 kms a month, get petrol powered car unless you are possibly sure that the running will not increase in future.

Did you TD the facelift S-Cross 1.3? I don't think S-Cross 1.3 is a good buy for you looking at the running you have.

I'll vote for City VX (O) if you are going for petrol one. EcoSport facelift can be considered.
Thank Anurag for the prompt response.

The costing for the City, Vento 1.6 and S Cross more or less works out to the same with S Cross having the added advantage of having great mileage.

As far as the S Cross is concerned, I can freely go for short and long drives without worrying about the fuel costs.

Would like to add that I intend to keep the vehicle for at least the next 7 years and like you have cautioned, the running might increase.

If I decide for petrol you have advised City and EcoSport. How about the Vento? What about the Verna ?

What about the maintenance costs of both City and Vento. I am told maintenance costs of VW vehicles are quite high.

Last edited by VR4 : 6th October 2017 at 20:27.
Old 7th October 2017, 00:07   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Problem is that in today's private sector, you cannot be sure when you need to change jobs and things can change overnight! So better to buy a diesel if a car is your way to commute!

City has seen a lot of issues based on forum reports. Ecosport Dragon engine would be a better bet

Quote:

As far as the S Cross is concerned, I can freely go for short and long drives without worrying about the fuel costs.

If I decide for petrol you have advised City and EcoSport. How about the Vento? What about the Verna ?
If you like mileage, consider the Verna E version in diesel. comes with safety and will be similar price as S-cross Zeta as well. Agree S-cross will be a good option and real value for money
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks