Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2017, 02:19   #1
BHPian

The thing that got me supercharged: "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"

1:30 AM, dead tired from work, about to crash. The phone beeps..

I wouldn't even have unlocked the phone had I not seen Team-BHP in the notifications. And thereon, the smile just grew wider!

Fourth time's the charm with me, and I'm absolutely elated that my long-standing dream to be called a fellow BHP-ian has been granted. I'd like to think of it as a 5-month belated gift for my 25th My deepest gratitude to all the moderators of this forum and the distinguished veterans for considering me worthy of being one of 'em guys! I discovered this forum back in late 2007, when we were about to get our first car. And ever since, I've closely followed every major thread herein, till the very end. (Trivia: Team-BHP is the first web-page in the most visited list on my browser).

Oh, about me. Right! I'm Yogesh, and I hail from the land of vada paav. My passion for the automotive world culminated in me making it a career choice. I graduated as a Mechanical Engineer in 2013, and got a master's degree in 2015. I haven't bought a set of wheels of my own, yet, but I plan to get one soon. I've been rather lucky to have had my hands on a plethora of vehicles, ranging from the diminutive M800 to a BMW X3.

Our garage has seen 3 scooters over the last 25 years - the Kinetic ZX (from the Kinetic-Honda days), the Kinetic Nova and the Honda Aviator (which is still running strong and smooth). The year 2008 ushered with our first car - the Hyundai i10 Magna(O) iRDE, which till date is an utterly reliable little machine, going strong at 57000 km.

I'm sure that my humble realm of knowledge in the automotive sector shall be infinitely enriched in the presence of such experienced souls, and I hope to make worthwhile contributions to this forum in the process.

Keep revvin', and drive safely!

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this....

Last edited by ampere : 16th September 2017 at 22:43. Reason: Dotty Post
RoverX is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 07:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to forums 25 stupid!

Sure it's interesting world here and it becomes even more rewarding when you contribute regularly.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 20:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: The thing that got me supercharged: "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
1:30 AM, dead tired from work, about to crash. The phone beeps. I wouldn't even have unlocked the phone had I not seen Team-BHP in the notifications. And thereon, the smile just grew wider!
Welcome to the forum. Here is a thread (You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...) that you may find interesting.

Quote:

I haven't bought a set of wheels of my own, yet, but I plan to get one soon. I've been rather lucky to have had my hands on a plethora of vehicles, ranging from the diminutive M800 to a BMW X3.
Choosing a car is always tricky, but very fun. The best part of it is going out to various showrooms and test driving all the potential cars. And then finalising the one that ticks all the boxes.

The Hyundai i10 is a nice little nimble car. I'm amazed that despite the small exterior dimensions, tall people are accommodated inside the car. Looking forward to your experiences with the same.

But first, kindly go through all the rules of the forum once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 11:50   #4
BHPian

Re: The thing that got me supercharged: "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Here is a thread (You know you are addicted to Team-BHP when ...) that you may find interesting.
Thank you, blackwasp. I could indeed connect to many points in the thread.

The i10 has accomplished its role as a city car brilliantly, and has given us 9 trouble-free years. And though it hasn't been perfect (bumpy ride, all beige interiors, lifeless steering, limited rear legroom, etc.), the refined engine, ease of driving and fuel efficiency has made up for the shortcomings. But I've now started to miss the conveniences that weren't present 10 years ago.
RoverX is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks