Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2017, 18:22   #1
BHPian

Hello from Sri Lanka

Hello to my fellow BHPians,

I’m Rajeev, a 27-year-old newbie to Team-BHP from Sri Lanka. Had been a member since March this year and only today I realised how little I have contributed to the forum since joining. Well, I had to start somewhere and thought it would be fitting to get going with an introduction.

I am a 2nd generation Indian immigrant residing in Sri Lanka. Having studied all my life in India and followed by my post-graduation in UK, I currently work as a junior partner in a firm in Sri Lanka.

It wasn’t until my 20th year that I had developed a keen liking for automobiles and the joy of driving. 7 years later and 95% of my YouTube subscriptions are auto channels. Apart from automobiles, my interests lie in travel, food and wine.

I came to know of Team BHP from their bumper stickers I had seen on cars during my college days in Coimbatore. It wasn’t until early this year that I found the site and the forum quite useful while I was researching to buy a new car for my use in India.

I hope I could add quality content to this forum. I also would like to add some posts on cars available in Sri Lanka (JDM imports) that might be of interest to some members (happened to come across a few from our NRI BHPians in the Middle East).

My current garage is like this:

India
• 2017 VW Ameo DSG
• 2002 Toyota Qualis

Sri Lanka
• 2013 Toyota Landcruiser VX V8
• 2013 Mercedes Benz C220 CDI
• 2015 Honda Vezel Z hybrid
• 2015 Toyota Hilux G MT

I look forward to positive interaction with fellow BHPians and wish you all a safe and joyful motoring experience.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Sri Lanka-img_7327.jpg  

RajeevMD is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 19:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello from Sri Lanka

Welcome to the forum. Better late hen never I say!

Was watching a documentary on Sri Lanka and I will be the first one to agree that it is one of the more under rated countries when it comes to scenic beauty. Beautiful mountains and landscapes, but at the same time, relatively clean as well.

A very interesting garage both in India as well as Sri Lanka. Would love to have a review on the Land cruiser V8.

Welcome once again and enjoy your stay.
Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:36   #3
Team-BHP Support

A warm welcome RajeevMD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevMD View Post
Hello to my fellow BHPians,
It wasn’t until my 20th year that I had developed a keen liking for automobiles and the joy of driving. 7 years later and 95% of my YouTube subscriptions are auto channels. Apart from automobiles, my interests lie in travel, food and wine.
I can see the development in liking even from the way you write (The references - 2nd generation, 20th year). Enjoyed reading your intro.

Quote:
My current garage is like this:
India
• 2017 VW Ameo DSG
• 2002 Toyota Qualis
Sri Lanka
• 2013 Toyota Landcruiser VX V8
• 2013 Mercedes Benz C220 CDI
• 2015 Honda Vezel Z hybrid
• 2015 Toyota Hilux G MT
Cheers.
A long list. So, that's a sub-4m compact sedan, an MPV, a 4WD SUV, a 4-door sedan, a 2WD hybrid SUV and a pickup truck. One question, are you just trying to cover all the segments possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
A very interesting garage both in India as well as Sri Lanka. Would love to have a review on the Land cruiser V8.
Add me to the list of people waiting for that review.
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 13:03   #4

Hi Rajeev ! Welcome. The V8 Landcruiser is beauty.
Life is Good!

SK
Old 31st October 2017, 13:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
A warm welcome RajeevMD!
Thanks mate, looking forward to posting more content in the coming months.

Quote:
I can see the development in liking even from the way you write (The references - 2nd generation, 20th year). Enjoyed reading your intro.
It grows on you

Quote:
A long list. So, that's a sub-4m compact sedan, an MPV, a 4WD SUV, a 4-door sedan, a 2WD hybrid SUV and a pickup truck. One question, are you just trying to cover all the segments possible?
Nope not at all. The first two are in India where I occasionally drive around during my visits. The latter are in my garage in Sri Lanka being daily use vehicles for my family (yes, we go to work at different locations, nope, no convenient public transport along those routes).

Quote:
Add me to the list of people waiting for that review.
Coming soon
Old 31st October 2017, 13:09   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Please write some travelogues about car drives in Sri Lanka. I am sure you have some amazing roads over there. Plan to visit some time in the future and would love to hear about some lovely places to visit.
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 20:11   #7
BHPian

Welcome mate to this wonderful forum, you would love to be here. That's one fantastic garage you have, would love to see the pictures.
Old 1st November 2017, 13:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
Welcome to the forum. Please write some travelogues about car drives in Sri Lanka. I am sure you have some amazing roads over there. Plan to visit some time in the future and would love to hear about some lovely places to visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by majumon View Post
Welcome mate to this wonderful forum, you would love to be here. That's one fantastic garage you have, would love to see the pictures.
Thanks guys
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks