Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2017, 11:55   #1
BHPian

Namaste to all

Hello folks!
It is indeed a special feeling to type my first post on team-bhp!Having been a regular visitor for the last 2 years, the urge to get a membership was very strong. After a couple of attempts, it was quite the pleasant surprise to receive the approval e-mail yesterday. A big thank you to the moderators for accepting my request!

A mechanical engineer by education, my love affair with cars began at a very early age. My father is also a petrolhead, and his posting in the middle east in the early 90's along with us in tow, was what introduced me to the fascinating world of automobiles. I was 4 at the time, and within a year could name almost all cars on the road with their exact brand and model names. It is a love affair that has only grown!I was the sole reason why my father spent a good amount of money on a petrol pump which had put up a Mercedes S-class as a grand prize in a lucky draw back then

The list of cars that were in my father's garage is as follows (I started driving only from 2005):

Saudi Arabia:
1. Peugeot 309 (91-92)
2. Nissan Altima (92-94)
3. Mitsubishi Pajero (92-94)

India:
4. Premier 118 NE (94-2016)
5. Tata Sumo (96-2004)
6. Mahindra Scorpio Slx (2004-2012)
7. Skoda Octavia L&K (2008-present)
8. Tata Nano twist (2016-present)

I have driven the Scorpio, Octavia and the Nano from the above list. I am currently into the field of solar energy, having pursued my MS in Germany in the same subject. I have been born and brought up in Pune. As is evident from the trend in the above list, an SUV will be added soon to our family, post the retirement of our Octavia.

Apart from cars, I am very fond of reading and am a history buff. I love travelling, photography, and have a passion for all things related to engineering. I am eagerly looking forward to be an active member here!

And a big thank you for tolerating the long first post!
AdiSolEn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 11:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Namaste to all

Welcome AdiSolEn! Thanks for registering & great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSolEn View Post
My father is also a petrolhead, and his posting in the middle east in the early 90's along with us in tow, was what introduced me to the fascinating world of automobiles.
Lucky you . While us in India only had Contessas, 118NEs & underpowered Maruti 1000s to drool on, you had the real deal.

Quote:
4. Premier 118 NE (94-2016)
5. Tata Sumo (96-2004)
6. Mahindra Scorpio Slx (2004-2012)
7. Skoda Octavia L&K (2008-present)
My kind of guy . I also hold onto cars for 8 - 10 years.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:15   #3
BHPian

Re: Namaste to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome AdiSolEn! Thanks for registering & great to have you with us.
Thank you!

Quote:
Lucky you . While us in India only had Contessas, 118NEs & underpowered Maruti 1000s to drool on, you had the real deal.
I was lucky

Quote:
My kind of guy . I also hold onto cars for 8 - 10 years.
It just makes sense doesn't it! And well the attachment and the memories that you get over 8-10 years is the icing on the cake.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks