Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:12   #1
BHPian

Onboard - Feels good to be home

Hello all,

Anoop from Cochin, Kerala here. I have been a lurker on and off the forums way back from 2006, but it took 10+ years for me to finally join the forum (don't ask me why, I don't know why!!).

Moving on to cars, the first car in my family was an early 70s CJ-3B which was replaced by a late 80s HM Ambassador, following which the current steeds, an Alto LXi and VW Polo came into the picture.

Apart from the obvious interest in cars, my other interests include computers (assembled my first PC in 1997, a Pentium II with 16mb ram and a 2GB HDD) and traveling (have covered parts of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat).

On the professional front, I have dabbled with a couple of private firms between 2009-2011, was with a government entity from 2011-2013 and have been working for my self since 2014.

Cheers,
Anoop
anoop.u is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 10:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Onboard - Feels good to be home

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.u View Post
Hello all,

Anoop from Cochin, Kerala here.
A warm welcome to you Anoop!

Quote:
Moving on to cars, the first car in my family was an early 70s CJ-3B which was replaced by a late 80s HM Ambassador, following which the current steeds, an Alto LXi and VW Polo came into the picture.

Apart from the obvious interest in cars, my other interests include computers (assembled my first PC in 1997, a Pentium II with 16mb ram and a 2GB HDD) and traveling
A nice garage you have had in the past. Do you still own the Alto?

Would love to read the ownership reports on the cars.

Looking at your other interests, I'm guessing you will find it hard to get out of the Shifting gears section.

Hope you have fun on the forum after lurking on it for over 10 years.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
A warm welcome to you Anoop!

A nice garage you have had in the past. Do you still own the Alto?

Would love to read the ownership reports on the cars.

Looking at your other interests, I'm guessing you will find it hard to get out of the Shifting gears section.

Hope you have fun on the forum after lurking on it for over 10 years.
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes, an ownership report is in the pipeline for both the Alto & Polo, just need to find some time to pen them both down.

The Alto is still with me and has clocked a total of 58K kms over the past 10 years. No plans to part with it, EVER. Unfortunately the CJ and Amby were both sold off, and being a teenager at that time, my opinion didn't carry much weight regarding the matter.

The Polo although fun to drive, has it's fair share of niggles and issues, some of which don't seem to go away. Just last week the ABS lamp lit up on the cluster (again) which probably means it's time to get another ABS sensor changed, this being the third ABS failure in the 2+ years of ownership.
Old 27th December 2017, 15:30   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome onboard

Is your Polo a petrol or diesel? What does the ASC say about these gremlins and issues? Will look forward for your ownership reports. It does help out many.
Old 28th December 2017, 11:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
...Is your Polo a petrol or diesel? What does the ASC say about these gremlins and issues? Will look forward for your ownership reports. It does help out many.
Mine is a Petrol. It has seen limited running covering just 18.5K kms during the 33 months i have owned the car.

Regarding the ABS issue, the first two sensors that were changed are under warranty for 2 years. So, if it is the same sensor that has gone kaput then I should be getting a free replacement.

Shall be taking it in to the ASC sometime in January.

Regards,
Anoop
anoop.u is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks