Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 13:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

Me and WagonR... Evolving slowly... (Sorry for the late intro)

Hi guys...

I've been a member of team- bhp for some time now... Was a regular at Xbhp, where i came to kno about team- bhp... Got to know karthik, jkdas and some of the other tvm guys...

Sorry for not introducing myself till now... Am not starting a intro thread cause, i myself dont consider it that important... But... would like to post about my car... Starting a long term report cause, am here to stay, and the car too is going to have a lot of changes in the long term...

Am Sujai, doing by B.tech in automobile engineering... My car, actually, our family car, is the Maruti Suzuki wagonR VXi, 04 model ... Am quite in love with the car now...

Have searched for threads on the wagonR, and realised that, it is not easy to mod the wagonR... I plan to keep it long term... So looking out for suggestions...

And... Since, am only a student, mods are not going to be done all in day... Slowly and steadily, i guess...

Work done on the car: 1. Have put in ICE (pioneer HU + pioneer ovals at rear+ pioneer set in front+ pioneer tweeters)... 2. Painted wheel disc black for a alloy- kind of looks 3. Company wheel caps... (CAnt go for alloys right now... Planning to do that with tyre change)... 4. Leather seats covers... 5. Autocop DX remote security system.

Future plans... Well, in order, would be... 1. Fog lamps... 2. K & N (donno if the universal filter would fit in... engine bay is not large)... 3. Getting rid of those tiny mirrors and replace them with ones of the new wagonR...

Any suggestions??? (Soft ones... Not hardcore mods)

Now, the pics... Taken using my mobile... sorry for low quality...

Painted disc black... and company wheel cups...

Speakers- Rear

Seats...

HU... and all the CDs i carry around... he he...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2006, 13:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:22   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

nice car CraZy, i liked ur seat cover combi get alloys ASAP!!
Old 7th December 2006, 13:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.
Sorry for the trouble...

Thought i'd combine the intro with the long- term report... (which was gonna come soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
nice car CraZy, i liked ur seat cover combi get alloys ASAP!!
Will change to alloys with the next tyre change...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2006 at 13:58.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:56   #5
BHPian

thats very nice colors on seat covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hi guys...

I've been a member of team- bhp for some time now... Was a regular at...
The seat covers are in a great color combination. Welcome aboard.
Old 7th December 2006, 18:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
The seat covers are in a great color combination. Welcome aboard.

Can anybosy suggest a good aftermarket horn??? (would be a waste to start a thread for that)... The company horn is too soft...

Roots is the common one availble here... Is it good??? Also, is it loud enough... I've also heard that Hella is good... Is it available for wagonR, or only for bigger cars???

Dont want too loud air horns or likes... But, Cant live without a decent horn in the city...

suggestions???

Last edited by aah78 : 8th December 2006 at 04:50. Reason: removing bold formatting
Old 8th December 2006, 07:39   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Leather seats covers...

Getting rid of those tiny mirrors and replace them with ones of the new wagonR...

Now, the pics... Taken using my mobile... sorry for low quality...
Hi mate,

Welcome aboard - I guess I am like you - been here for a while and no intro yet (real lazy types).

Which leather covers are these and what brand and how much did it cost you? They do look pretty neat. I own a Wagon R myself (Wine Red) and right now I am in the middle of some changes to the interiors. I had an older (6 months) set of grey-light grey dual-tone covers which I changed recently to black and wine red dual tone ones, but the "new" covers are not too great quality (PU) and on top of that the installer managed to make a mess of it and put holes all over the covers (another story that).

Rear view mirrors - I am planning to change mine too with the electronic ones from the new Wagon R. I am not sure they will fit. When I first asked Maruti, they said it won''t - now they say it will, but it is still not available here as a "spare." Do tell us when you get your new mirrors.

The pics - pretty good mate - that is a good mobile cam for sure.

- johy
Old 8th December 2006, 14:41   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Hi mate,

Welcome aboard - I guess I am like you - been here for a while and no intro yet (real lazy types).

Which leather covers are these and what brand and how much did it cost you? They do look pretty neat. I own a Wagon R myself (Wine Red) and right now I am in the middle of some changes to the interiors. I had an older (6 months) set of grey-light grey dual-tone covers which I changed recently to black and wine red dual tone ones, but the "new" covers are not too great quality (PU) and on top of that the installer managed to make a mess of it and put holes all over the covers (another story that).

Rear view mirrors - I am planning to change mine too with the electronic ones from the new Wagon R. I am not sure they will fit. When I first asked Maruti, they said it won''t - now they say it will, but it is still not available here as a "spare." Do tell us when you get your new mirrors.

The pics - pretty good mate - that is a good mobile cam for sure.

- johy
I asked the service centre here... And they said, it is not yet available as a spare... But, i guess the ordinary convex mirrors of the new LXi is available... Donno how much they'll charge for the electrical ones... Will let you kno...

About the camera... Its not at all expensive... Motorola C261... Costs only 4k including VAT... (Good deal for the price though)
Old 8th December 2006, 15:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

k&n replacement goes into the existing space which is occupied by the OE airfilter And you think there's no space under that bonnet? Search around, you will find details about a turbo wagon r!
Old 8th December 2006, 15:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
k&n replacement goes into the existing space which is occupied by the OE airfilter And you think there's no space under that bonnet? Search around, you will find details about a turbo wagon r!
Have read about the turbo wagonR...

Am not talking about the stock replacement filter... Going to that only if conical wont fit in... Would the conical filter fit in fine??? Also, what to do with the piping for the air intake, any ideas???

Also, not doing it immediatly... Cant compromise on the reliability...

Any good place in trivandrum to get it done???
Old 8th December 2006, 19:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
But, i guess the ordinary convex mirrors of the new LXi is available...
Are you sure it is the wide-angle mirrors (I think rear view mirrors are supposed to be wide angle but NOT convex, correct me if I am wrong)? I took a look at the one in the showroom and the one that comes with the Lxi is the plain-jane mirrors just like the old ones (but aligned horizontally rather than vertically). It is the Vxi (electronic) mirrors that are wide angle ones.
Old 8th December 2006, 20:17   #12
Team-BHP Support

Oh!

ok... I thought Lxi also had same ones, except for the electric adjustments...
Old 10th December 2006, 08:31   #13
Team-BHP Support

Come on guys, Trivandrum guys..

Please suggest a good place where i can get a good pair of horns (not air horns)... Also, need to enquire about the k & N, althouth not fiting it straight away now...

Which one is better iin your opinion??? Roots/ hella/ any other???
Old 10th December 2006, 23:11   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Good clean car.
Cheers
Old 10th December 2006, 23:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest a good place where i can get a good pair of horns (not air horns)... Also, need to enquire about the k & N, althouth not fiting it straight away now...

Which one is better iin your opinion??? Roots/ hella/ any other???
Welcome to TBHP.
Get a Stebel Nautilius. And plz do not go for hella red grill.

Mugen_Power.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks