Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2018, 13:46   #1

A BHPian, finally

Hi All,

Today I just got my membership APPROVED after trying for nearly 7 years. The first time I tried to register was around 7 years back during my college days. I tried 8 times in a row and failed to get a nod. I have been a guest reader of the forum for so long and just this week, decided again to try my luck at registering again and VOILA, membership approved .

I'm a software engineer currently in Chennai but based out of Coimbatore. I drive a 2013 Hyundai Verna SX (O) CRDi for my self. Other cars we own/owned/planning to own:

1991 Maruti Suzuki 800 - Still running.
1996 Maruti Suzuki Zen - Replaced few days back with the Renault Kwid RXT AMT (for my parents mainly at Cbe)
2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi + - Planning it for the wife. But she wants AMT.

First car that I drove (not really, just the steering) was the Maruti 800 sitting on my dad's lap. Learnt to drive on my own in 6th grade and have been driving till now. Love for cars have been exponentially increasing as well.

Finally thanks for having me in Team-BHP.
vishnuramana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 13:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A BHPian, finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuramana View Post
Hi All,
Today I just got my membership APPROVED after trying for nearly 7 years.
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Quote:
1991 Maruti Suzuki 800 - Still running.
1996 Maruti Suzuki Zen - Replaced few days back with the Renault Kwid RXT AMT (for my parents mainly at Cbe)
Great cars in your garage there. The new Swift should be just like the earlier Swift, but improved in all the aspects. The Swift was one of the few good looking cars when it came out. It still looks nice in the latest iteration.

The Maruti 800 is a car that I have always liked - small size, tight handling and most importantly it was a car that brought the car revolution in India. It would be great if you could share some pictures of your rides and even start an ownership thread on your cars.

Quote:
Finally thanks for having me in Team-BHP.
Great to have you here, but before you begin, do take a look at all the rules of the forum once.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:36   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Vishnu! Your loyalty to Maruti Suzuki is commendable . Hats off! Wishing you an interesting time here where we'd love to hear the stories you'll have to share.

Cheers!
Old 1st March 2018, 15:00   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuramana View Post
---
--
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Seems to be a great timing on acquiring the SWIFT.

It would be a great start if you could compile an ownership thread of the NEW Gen Swift.

Wishing you an great time and anticipating your esteemed contribution in sharing your experiences here.
Old 1st March 2018, 17:52   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The Maruti 800 is a car that I have always liked - small size, tight handling and most importantly it was a car that brought the car revolution in India. It would be great if you could share some pictures of your rides and even start an ownership thread on your cars.
Thanks for having me here. The 800 is at my hometown. Will try to get some pictures next time I go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Your loyalty to Maruti Suzuki is commendable . Hats off! Wishing you an interesting time here where we'd love to hear the stories you'll have to share.
Haha. Yes, Maruti Suzuki has been part of our family for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Seems to be a great timing on acquiring the SWIFT.

It would be a great start if you could compile an ownership thread of the NEW Gen Swift.
Yes, we really loved the car when we went to check it out at the showroom. The car was not ready for a TD, instead the showroom told us that the Dzire is the same as the Swift and offered a TD on that. We refused and yet to hear from the dealer on a test drive. Hopefully, will get the car in a month if things go as planned. Will write up an ownership review once we get it
vishnuramana is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed