Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 10:39   #1

Howdy folks!

Greetings fellow petrol/diesel/battery/CNG/LPG/Kerosene-heads!!

After being a passive non-member for a few years, I finally took the next step - registered and got accepted. Feels good to be a part of this distinguished brethren.

About me -
I am a middle-aged husband to a lovely wife and father to an adorable daughter. In my spare time, I pretend to be an important person at a global Investment Bank. My wife loves to travel and I guess I caught the bug from her. We usually go on a big holiday at least once a year, ideally outside of India... and this is where I absolutely cherish the Travelogues section of our forum. I hope to be able to make meaningful contributions to this section.

My rides -
My very first car was an old Nissan Maxima V6 purchased in the US - had it for about 7 months before I pulled off the coup of selling it for more than the buying price
I then upgraded to an E39 5-series Bimmer in Kentucky thinking that I am better off experiencing this masterpiece in the US as I may never get to own one in India.
Back in India, I first bought an old Fiat Palio GTX as a test mule as I wasn't confident driving in India and this served the purpose beautifully. However, it wasn't very reliable and I had to let go.
Next in line was a torque monster - the Chevy Optra Magnum 2.0 diesel. I thoroughly enjoyed owning this car - the turbo rush on this machine was unlike anything I'd experienced before. The birth of my daughter led me to sell this car as it wasn't safe enough.
I currently own a Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - my personal opinion is that this is the best VFM car around (if one can live with the occasional rattle).

So, there it is - thank you for reading. Hope to interact with most of you on the forum and some of you personally, too.

Cheers.
DigitalNomad is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 15:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Howdy folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNomad View Post
Greetings fellow petrol/diesel/battery/CNG/LPG/Kerosene-heads!!

After being a passive non-member for a few years, I finally took the next step - registered and got accepted. Feels good to be a part of this distinguished brethren.
Welcome to Team-BHP! You are correct, we do have petrol, diesel, battery, CNG and LPG-heads out there... Not sure if I've come across any kerosene-head.

Quote:
My rides -
My very first car was an old Nissan Maxima V6 purchased in the US - had it for about 7 months before I pulled off the coup of selling it for more than the buying price
I then upgraded to an E39 5-series Bimmer in Kentucky thinking that I am better off experiencing this masterpiece in the US as I may never get to own one in India.
Those are some powerful cars! How do you compare both of them? I agree that BMW is the car out of the two, but then the Nissan V6 must have been fun.

Quote:
Back in India, I first bought an old Fiat Palio GTX as a test mule as I wasn't confident driving in India and this served the purpose beautifully. However, it wasn't very reliable and I had to let go.
Next in line was a torque monster - the Chevy Optra Magnum 2.0 diesel.

I currently own a Mahindra XUV 5OO W8 - my personal opinion is that this is the best VFM car around (if one can live with the occasional rattle).
Nice collection here as well. The Optra must be so fun to drive. Do share some photos of your rides and perhaps even start an ownership thread on your XUV.

Quote:
So, there it is - thank you for reading. Hope to interact with most of you on the forum and some of you personally, too.
Interacting with like minded people on the shared interest of cars is what we all do. Before you begin though, please go through the forum rules once before beginning. Looking forward to see you on the next Mumbai - Pune meet. Here is the link to the last one we had recently.

Last edited by blackwasp : 10th April 2018 at 15:22.
Old 10th April 2018, 16:24   #3

Re: Howdy folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP! You are correct, we do have petrol, diesel, battery, CNG and LPG-heads out there... Not sure if I've come across any kerosene-head.
Thank you, blackwasp!

The Kerosene-heads would be our aviation enthusiasts and also some colorful elements that like to mix it with petrol.

Quote:
Those are some powerful cars! How do you compare both of them? I agree that BMW is the car out of the two, but then the Nissan V6 must have been fun.
The Nissan 3L V6 was quite old - late 90's - and was fun to drive. It was also much smaller than your average full-size car in the US. Since, I was new to driving there, I didn't try to be too adventurous with it.
The BMW was also a 6-Cyl inline 2.5L but, had much better interiors and features - sunroof, power seats with memory, heated seats & steering and many more bells & whistles. It was also much larger. Plus the refinement levels were extraordinary - even at 80mph, it was dangerously silent and could make you doze off.

Quote:
Nice collection here as well. The Optra must be so fun to drive. Do share some photos of your rides and perhaps even start an ownership thread on your XUV.
Yes, the Optra was extremely fun to drive but the LS model had no airbags and that became a necessity. Besides, in hindsight, it was a good decision looking at Chevy's current state in India.
I will definitely consider doing a long term ownership report of the XUV - so far it has been serving me quite well.

Quote:
Interacting with like minded people on the shared interest of cars is what we all do. Before you begin though, please go through the forum rules once before beginning. Looking forward to see you on the next Mumbai - Pune meet. Here is the link to the last one we had recently.
I will surely keep an eye out for the next meet. How often does it happen?

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks