Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2006, 12:34   #1
BHPian

Coming out of the shadows

I have been lurking around the corner for, I just checked, 2 years in Team-BHP! The quality of the threads were there to see, so I dont know why waited so long to really dive in. May be I thought you guys were close looped? But I did wet my fingers quite often, especially in the ICE sections.

Today, as usual I was peeking into Sam's mother of all threads (reason in a moment, in a post there), I thought I should make a post. Then I wasnt sure if my handle - determinus - is appropriate. I found Haryan's thread on handles. Thought, what the hell. So here I am!

First the name, determinus. It has nothing to do with determination as many have thought before. It is a term coined by a writer for my website, from Design + Terminus. Damn cute, and very original. The name stayed.

I am a computer engineer turned product designer, studied in IITD, works in software interface design. Mid 30s, married, no kids. Now in Pune. My interests, in the Team-BHP context are driving and audio. There would be lot many - design, photography, typography, gadgets, films, rock/lounge music, writing and doing fringe research.

I have a 96 Esteem VX, 03 Palio 1.6GTX and 06 Adventure Sport. Previous cars owned are 94 Maruti 800, 2000 Ford Ikon Rally Sport, 97 Gypsy King. My two regrets in life are selling the Gypsy and not picking up the Infy IPO.

I recently bought a Black Adventure (I am a FIAT fan. The first car I ever drove was my father's 1971 FIAT 1100) and did a 12 day 3000km road trip across South India. I love night driving on lonely highways. The roads are getting busier by the day (or night), and I strictly keep it to day drives these days. Also, old age you see.

Thanks for reading (did you really come this far?). This should be the longest shameless self-promo that I wrote in my entire life. Hope it wasnt too much.

Determinus

PS: If I am bending or breaking any rules here, please feel free to rap my knuckles. It, however, is not intentional.
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very nice intro dude.. what took you so long to get in here..

have fun and enjoy the forums
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

You get 10 points for an absolutely wonderful introduction.

And you have my full attention. Welcome to team-BHP, enjoy your stay and make lots of friends. Cheers.
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great intro buddy! Welcome to T-BHP. Have fun!
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:57   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, you took your time in coming around, didnt you? Well...better late than never. A Belated Welcome aboard! Your taste in cars classifies you as a true petrol-head!

Quote:
PS: If I am bending or breaking any rules here, please feel free to rap my knuckles. It, however, is not intentional.
Masterpiece...
Old 23rd December 2006, 14:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great intro there Determinus! Looking forward to seeing more of you here.

P.S. What's with 2-year old users posting their intros now? I think in the past few days this is the 3rd or 4th I've seen!!!
Old 23rd December 2006, 18:10   #7
BHPian

Great intro determinus,

We'll be looking for some of the nice trip experiences in travelogues. Esteem, Palio 1.6 GTX and Adventure, good taste.

Have lots of fun.
Old 23rd December 2006, 20:15   #8

Welcome onboard, Determinus. Great Intro.

Enjoy the forum and have fun.
You don't need wait for a long time for your next post..
Old 23rd December 2006, 22:17   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard !!

And that sure is one hell of an intro !! Rarely have I read such a nice intro !!
Old 24th December 2006, 08:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Terrific. looks like another petrolhead in the family with similar likes. where all have you travelled in south india ?
Old 24th December 2006, 08:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice intro! Its great to have another Pune member here! Enjoy your stay here!
Old 24th December 2006, 10:08   #12
BHPian

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks a bunch for the warmest of all welcomes I have ever received. I was actually looking for the reply button, then realised that I can reply only to the thread, not to each post. So to each one of you, thanks.

I am sure I can learn a lot from here (I havent seen a more resourceful forum than Team-BHP. Great going guys), and probably contribute something back as well. Either ways, meet some like minded people and share thoughts. Wonderful.

I am already feeling home.

Cheers
Determinus
Old 24th December 2006, 19:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
I am already feeling home.

Welcome To Team-Bhp.

Mugen.
Old 25th December 2006, 00:16   #14
Team-BHP Support

Waah! Let me make an acknowledgement here determinus. I am not much of a reader for the intro section as more often than not they follow the same line... people, a bit lost, not sure of how to make the first post...

Yours is probably one of the first ones that not only was an interesting read but actually twitched my lips with a faint smile... as Uncle Sam said... 10 marks for a nice intro... accept another tenner from me mate.

And enjoy your stay... I am sure you will love it here. There I have broken another of my practices... I have written such a long reply to an Intro post.
Old 25th December 2006, 11:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Terrific. looks like another petrolhead in the family with similar likes. where all have you travelled in south india ?
Most of my travels have been to/from Bangalore (where I used to work), Goa (my wife is a Goan), Pune (my base now) and Kerala (I am mallu). One of the craziest was the Banglore to Pune trip in Gypsy King (413w) soft-top, no a/c, non-stop in 18 hours. This time, in the Adventure I did a Pune - Bangalore - Kochi - Calicut - Mysore - Bangalore - Hubli - Pune over 12 days.

One of the reasons why I moved to Pune was the MSTDC advts - LOL. My new year resolution is to cover the west and north India. While the age permits :-) Watch the travelouge space!

And thanks Zappo for your words. You guys make TBHP a great place!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks