Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2018, 22:46   #1
BHPian

Get into the groove!

Greetings to fellow BHPians !

It has been a fortnight, since I got my membership approved, but today seems to be the most auspicious day, for an intro. Nevertheless, I could get into couple of threads, that of sheer interest to me.

Well! I am Srinivasan here, an Automobile Engineer from Chennai, doing research in RCM.

Bit crazy on automobiles, not alone cars but anything that has an engine. It dates back to my college days, with lone warrior of Automobile department, the ‘Willis Jeep’, that ignited my desire towards cars. Thank god! fortunately, my career also began with the automobile division of a construction major, to manage vehicles, trucks and trailers. My ‘hands on wheel’ experience on the road, was with Mahindra’s CJ500D with B275 engine.

As with steep learning curve, battery of heavy vehicles like Shakthiman, Ahsok Leyland & TATA trucks, also got added. Besides, I enjoyed the companionship of Rajdoot 175, for my daily travel of 150+ km a day, across the villages of Burdwan District (WB).

At one point of time, I had all the combinations of Driving Licence issued by Transport Department, including Dozers. As per the safety norms of my organisation, even in the test ground, one cannot be in the driving seat, without a valid driving licence.

Enough! As with time, age and position, I restricted myself with LMV & Motor cycle licence alone.

In my mid 40’s, loved to be with the same Indian construction major for the past 25 years, managing one of the largest fleets, as an Equipment Management Professional (EMP), heading from Chennai.

Though my 'bread & butter' is Diesel, I love petrol and the one I wanted to buy on my own was Alto. But, got the Bolero through my company. Bolero, as I wish to describe, the grandpa of today’s MUVs, even SUVs. Replaced it with Qualis before I finally, bought a petrol Swift Vxi – first generation, unique Azure Grey, on my Own. I loved it more than anything and never wanted to look for anything else in my lifetime. But, destiny seemed to have had other plans for me, as always. The chennai floods in 2015, ruined my plans.

I am familiar with Team BHP for quite some time, primarily focused on travelogue. But, when I wished to buy a new one, Team BHP came as a rescue to me. I was unable to conclude, but genuine review of BHPians, helped to finalize Ciaz Vxi+. Still, I longed for Honda City and I got a pre-owned one.

Motoring to hills, especially the Himalays, is my passion. In plains, temples are my only destination and every Sunday is ‘Holy day” to me.
Enough!

Traditional in driving (writing too!), though not sedate but not aggressive too. Lover of cruising speeds at decent rev. Having spent half of my career in NH construction and being an EMP, loved to be part of this team, though I am bit conservative on maintenance, genuine spares, road safety, lane discipline etc., Rather, that’s one of the many reasons, I wish to appreciate the BHPians.

What else? It’s indeed a great feel to learn and share with the veterans of the field and thanks to the Admin, for this wonderful opportunity, to be with you
tstlnt is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 11:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Get into the groove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstlnt View Post
Bit crazy on automobiles, not alone cars but anything that has an engine. It dates back to my college days, with lone warrior of Automobile department, the ‘Willis Jeep’, that ignited my desire towards cars. Thank god! fortunately, my career also began with the automobile division of a construction major, to manage vehicles, trucks and trailers. My ‘hands on wheel’ experience on the road, was with Mahindra’s CJ500D with B275 engine.
Welcome to Team-BHP Srinivasan! Great to have you onboard!

Quote:
I enjoyed the companionship of Rajdoot 175, for my daily travel of 150+ km a day, across the villages of Burdwan District (WB).

At one point of time, I had all the combinations of Driving Licence issued by Transport Department, including Dozers. As per the safety norms of my organisation, even in the test ground, one cannot be in the driving seat, without a valid driving licence.
Rajdoot! Must be an interesting experience using it. Do share some more stories of the bike. Also I'm sure given your diverse experience with all sorts of vehicles, you could even pen down how it is to drive / operate these heavy machines. There are many BHPians here who'd love to have a chance to drive all sorts of vehicles (me included), but haven't got an opportunity so far.

Quote:
...I finally, bought a petrol Swift Vxi – first generation, unique Azure Grey, on my Own. I loved it more than anything and never wanted to look for anything else in my lifetime. But, destiny seemed to have had other plans for me, as always. The chennai floods in 2015, ruined my plans.

But, when I wished to buy a new one, Team BHP came as a rescue to me. I was unable to conclude, but genuine review of BHPians, helped to finalize Ciaz Vxi+. Still, I longed for Honda City and I got a pre-owned one.
Destiny has greater things planned for us that we realise. I'm so happy to know that you selected the City over the Ciaz. My uncle used to have the old City and I was so fortunate enough to have a go at her before she was sold off.

Quote:
Traditional in driving (writing too!), though not sedate but not aggressive too. Lover of cruising speeds at decent rev. Having spent half of my career in NH construction and being an EMP, loved to be part of this team, though I am bit conservative on maintenance, genuine spares, road safety, lane discipline etc., Rather, that’s one of the many reasons, I wish to appreciate the BHPians.
I'm sure you will feel at home here in no time. What makes Team-BHP unique is the varied backgrounds of all the members who share a common passion for cars. Do take a look at the rules section once.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 16:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Get into the groove!

Thanks blackwasp, for a warm welcome !

Though not mentioned in my intro, post Rajdoot, I had RE Classic, Thunderbird, Discover 135, Shine and now with Super Splendor. So, I am towards 'lean & lite'.

As with age, I want to be light, but I have to look back for heavier one, for the sake of your order ! Yes ! I am obliged.

Will try to pen down those days with heavier machines, as I travel with experts like you, here.

Thanks a lot and hope, I will 'get in the groove' ASAP.
tstlnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks