Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 13:17   #1
BHPian

Better late than never!

Hi all,
Before I speak about myself, I'd like to thank the moderators for approving my membership, especially GTO who encouraged me to apply for the second time! I've been reading this forum for over 3 years now, right back from the day when Dad decided to replace his ageless Corolla and asked me the question "What Car?"

I am Akshit Sharma, currently pursuing an MBA from FORE School of Management. My love for cars goes back to the day when Lamborghini unveiled the Gallardo with Scissor doors and I went all gaga over it, and since then, there has been no going back.

After I turned 18, I had my eyes set on my Dad's Corolla and drove it for 30k kms. The odometer then stood at a good 1.96L kms before finally selling it off. He bought himself a Laura and the Corolla was then replaced by a pre-worshipped Civic (courtesy: Team-Bhp). There has been no going back after that and now we own a variety of cars.

Being a part of this community feels very special and I look forward to unforgettable learning.

Happy revving.
Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 30th May 2018 at 12:24. Reason: typo
Akshitsi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 11:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Better late than never!

Congrats on getting approved and welcome to this great community of knowledge sharing.

The Civic is a fun car to drive and looking forward to your long term reviews on it.

PS: Do read the forum rules carefully!
Old 30th May 2018, 12:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi Akshit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to know this website has helped you find a car. That said, the old Corolla is "bullet proof" when it comes to reliability. I know people who have sold it simply out of boredom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
I am Akshit Sharma, currently pursuing an MBA from FORE School of Management. My love for cars goes back to the day when Lamborghini unveiled the Gallardo with Scissor doors and I went all gaga over it, and since then, there has been no going back.
Lamborghinis continue to "wow" the world with their crazy looks like they always have.

Quote:
Being a part of this community feels very special and I look forward to unforgettable learning.
We look forward to meaningful interactions with you over the coming years.

Do take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
Old 30th May 2018, 19:04   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshitsi View Post
My love for cars goes back to the day when Lamborghini unveiled the Gallardo with Scissor doors and I went all gaga over it, and since then, there has been no going back.
Sorry for having to point this out in your intro thread, but the Lamborghini Gallardo never came with Scissor doors. They are only featured on Lamborghini's flagship models, and their limited production iterations: Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Reventón, Aventador & Centenario.

Being a big time Lamborghini fan, I just couldn't let this one slip.

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 10:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Akshit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to know this website has helped you find a car. That said, the old Corolla is "bullet proof" when it comes to reliability. I know people who have sold it simply out of boredom.

Lamborghinis continue to "wow" the world with their crazy looks like they always have.

We look forward to meaningful interactions with you over the coming years.

Do take some time to go through the posting rules of Team-BHP.

See you on the forum.
That is true. The car was almost niggle and trouble free but we had to sell it as it got old and boring. However, its seating comfort still remains unmatched by the cars of today's generation.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for having to point this out in your intro thread, but the Lamborghini Gallardo never came with Scissor doors. They are only featured on Lamborghini's flagship models, and their limited production iterations: Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Reventón, Aventador & Centenario.

Being a big time Lamborghini fan, I just couldn't let this one slip.

Cheers
oh well, guess I've been fooled with a door kit. I understand, i would have done the same. Thank you for clarifying.
Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks