Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2018, 13:28   #1

Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction

Hello everyone,

Having been an avid reader of this forum for close to a decade, Team-BHP has played a huge part in turning me into an automotive enthusiast and a passionate traveler.

Even after all these years, I distinctly remember typing my introduction on Sublime Text Editor as soon as I woke up on the 15th of July, 2015 to the emails sent by the Team-BHP staff confirming my membership. Sadly, I never got around to posting the introduction here, as I was also in midst of packing my stuff and relocating from Mumbai to Pune for work, which I eventually got caught-up in.

However, since that point, whenever I opened the forum to read a detailed ownership review or a fantastic new travelogue, I felt guilty of not taking the first step towards becoming a part of the community which helped me research cars that I eventually bought, and the roads that I drove them on. So, I decided that this 'feeling' needed to be dealt with, and the introduction, posted! -

Being a fauji kid (THIS is partly accurate), I spent a good few years of my childhood living in Coochbehar and Siliguri (West Bengal), Baramulla and Srinagar (Jammu & Kashmir) as well as Agartala (Tripura), before moving to Delhi, where I spent the next few years studying through school and college.

I am now a 29y/o engineer. I have spent the last decade writing code, developing and/or testing applications as well as managing teams performing the aforementioned tasks.
Within that period, I have relocated across states a few times- from Delhi -> Mumbai -> Pune and back home to Delhi.

As for the (obligatory?) part about hobbies and interests-
  • I am passionate about cars, electronics, and programming.
  • I like to read. Despite the heavy workload, I try to go through a couple of dozen good books every year.
  • Apart from that, I absolutely love listening to music, and have amassed a pretty sizeable collection too.
  • I travel quite a lot and take reasonably good pictures. So, at the very least, I will be able to share a few travelogues down the line.
Moving on to my garage, I currently own -
  • Maruti Suzuki S-Cross 1.6(Alpha)
  • Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX(O)
Needless to say, I absolutely LOVE to drive the S-Cross, and clock in a couple of thousand KMs every month.
Here are a couple of pictures that I had on my phone. (You already know that I am partial to the S-Cross, so the only semi-decent picture of the Creta on my phone is from the day I bought it )

Thanks for letting me in, and allowing me to lurk in peace, for 3 complete years! I really look forward to contributing to this amazing community.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction-scross1.6.alpha.jpg  

Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction-creta1.6sxo.jpg  

Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction-scrosscretaweekendgetaway.jpg  

K4Y5 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 16:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Been lurking here for 3 years. Figured I'd at-least say hello and post a long overdue introducti

Welcome here ... I have been on the forum for more than a decade but haven't still written an introductory post / thread.

Nice photo of your S-cross, what kind of studio is that?
Old 6th July 2018, 17:15   #3

Re: Been lurking here for 3 years. Figured I'd at-least say hello and post a long overdue introducti

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Welcome here ... I have been on the forum for more than a decade but haven't still written an introductory post / thread.

Nice photo of your S-cross, what kind of studio is that?
Thanks, alpha1

I took that picture after getting my car detailed at this place called 'The Detailing Mafia' at DLF Mall of India, Sector 18, Noida.
Though it is a part of 'Exppress Car Wash' chain, the prices are on the higher side with relentless up-selling by their managers.

However, as long as you stand your ground, stick to services that you really need, and ignore their attempts to up-sell useless treatments, you should be good.

Last edited by K4Y5 : 6th July 2018 at 17:35.
Old 9th July 2018, 12:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction

This has been a long time coming.

Welcome to Team-BHP. Two really nice cars you have there.

Looks like you've been all over the place. Should make for some interesting travelogues. Looking forward to reading them as well as ownership reviews of the two cars (I guess S-Cross will be the first).
Old 13th July 2018, 07:21   #5
BHPian

Re: Been lurking here for 3 years; figured I'd say hello and post a long overdue introduction

Welcome aboard!
The photos you’ve shared are nice, and the s cross looks smart! I do have to admit, though, that I’m partial towards cars in white, and there’s no denying the Creta is a handsome car in its own right.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks