Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2018, 10:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: A shockingly unexpected gift for a 17-year old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiV3810 View Post
Sir I'm not sure I understand what you're trying or been meaning to say. I did not rub it in that I'm in at only 17! I'd only mentioned my age in my introduction and in my last reply excluding this!
Welcome to the forum Rudi.
And chill. He was just pulling your leg.

We might be "older", but we haven't lost our sense of humour here . Yet.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 10:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir I'm not sure I understand what you're trying or been meaning to say. I did not rub it in that I'm in at only 17! I'd only mentioned my age in my introduction and in my last reply excluding this!
I'm being humorous. At least I thought I was...of course I'm happy to have you alongside.

And I was just alluding to the fact that there has been a disturbance in the force. Young Luke Skywalkers have been permitted membership here while certain older, brooding Vaders have been left out there. It is an immense privilege that has been granted to us members; the vehemence of jealous, jilted and rejected membership applicants is proof. If you see this negativity manifesting itself (you won't, not inside the forum - but I see it happening on Team-BHP's FB page, if let's say one of your threads is featured there), you should just ignore it.

Welcome again!
locusjag is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 10:39   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Welcome to the form Virud. Trust you use the forum to the best of its abilities as you build up your driving experience in the coming years. Have fun!
Thank you and I fully intend to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to the forum Rudi.
And chill. He was just pulling your leg.

We might be "older", but we haven't lost our sense of humour here . Yet.
Thanks Sam! I admit I took it a bit seriously in the beginning! But then I saw locusjags's post being thanked by ChiragM and you! I got a bit confused as I was wondering whether you guys are joking or was it something I'd done! So I decided to just put forth my doubt to see what was up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I'm being humorous. At least I thought I was...of course I'm happy to have you alongside.

And I was just alluding to the fact that there has been a disturbance in the force. Young Luke Skywalkers have been permitted membership here while certain older, brooding Vaders have been left out there. It is an immense privilege that has been granted to us members; the vehemence of jealous, jilted and rejected membership applicants is proof. If you see this negativity manifesting itself (you won't, not inside the forum - but I see it happening on Team-BHP's FB page, if let's say one of your threads is featured there), you should just ignore it.

Welcome again!
Thanks! And your post, now that I view it as joking in nature, is humorous. It is indeed an immense privilege and I've gone through the social media posts and other sites where they admonish this site for having strict admission standards but fail to realise that it is what filters out the spamming, maintains the quality and makes it worthy of praise! And thank you for the advice, I'll make sure to ignore it if I sense it is one! Also your reference to Star Wars is .

P.S. An emoji or a smilie that's grinning or cracking up would have helped solve my doubt that you were indeed pulling my leg!
RudiV3810 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 11:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S. An emoji or a smilie that's grinning or cracking up would have helped solve my doubt that you were indeed pulling my leg!
As a budding oldie, I have a thing against Smileys.

In my mind's eye, I can still see an old Sean Connery flick where some character reveals to Connery's character that he's from military intelligence. Connery's character remarks with a grunt - "now there's a proper oxymoron", before nonchalantly moving on with business.

Forgive me for playing out that character in real life. It's who I am. Blink and thou shalt miss what this oldie is trying to say...actually, do you see why this forum needs a whiff of youth in here? I can see why
Old 8th November 2018, 11:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone I’m RudiV3810!
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here!

Quote:

In my mind's eye, I can still see an old Sean Connery flick

While you're at it, please tell Rudi who Sean Connery is.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 11:57   #21

Quote:
As a budding oldie, I have a thing against Smileys.

In my mind's eye, I can still see an old Sean Connery flick where some character reveals to Connery's character that he's from military intelligence. Connery's character remarks with a grunt - "now there's a proper oxymoron", before nonchalantly moving on with business.

Forgive me for playing out that character in real life. It's who I am. Blink and thou shalt miss what this oldie is trying to say...actually, do you see why this forum needs a whiff of youth in here? I can see why
It's been two days and I still am trying to deduce what you've eloquently written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Welcome to the forum and hope you have a great time here!

While you're at it, please tell Rudi who Sean Connery is.
Thanks Iyencar! And I don't think there is a need. I'd suspected Sean Connery had played a Bond character as his name sounded familiar. Turns out after a quick browsing, he was indeed one! Infact just got to know he was the first actor to play the role of 007.
RudiV3810 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 14:56   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd suspected Sean Connery had played a Bond character as his name sounded familiar. Turns out after a quick browsing, he was indeed one! Infact just got to know he was the first actor to play the role of 007.
There are people who actually have to browse the interweb to find out who Sean Connery is? I thought Iyencar was just kidding.

I just felt the onset of a new age. Time has truly passed me by. I can feel it in my bones.

Imagine the following monologue in Morgan Freeman's Hollywood 'God' voice - "It was now the age of young men. Sean Connery was all but ready to set sail to the yonder world and not even his memories were traceable any longer. Clean air was now rare, the creatures of the old world had begun falling asleep and wars would be fought over water in the future. The old world was slowly being swallowed by the sea. Kevin Costner's 'Waterworld' was beginning to look prophetic. 'Mad Max' was starting to look like a peek into the future. 'Idiocracy' had already set in, in the USA. Much that was, had already passed. What was once feared had come to pass. And with the future baring its fangs at the youth of tomorrow, if only the young 'uns could have known who Connery was! For Sean Connery could have set them free..."
[To be taken with a pinch of salt...and some Gelusil, sorry]
Old 8th November 2018, 22:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
There are people who actually have to browse the interweb to find out who Sean Connery is? I thought Iyencar was just kidding.

I was man, I was. *sob* I'm not even that old and still feel your pain.

@Rudy this is where you google Morgan Freeman. Just don't tell us if you do.
Iyencar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 07:02   #24

Quote:

I just felt the onset of a new age. Time has truly passed me by. I can feel it in my bones.

Imagine the following monologue in Morgan Freeman's Hollywood 'God' voice - "It was now the age of young men. Sean Connery was all but ready to set sail to the yonder world and not even his memories were traceable any longer. Clean air was now rare, the creatures of the old world had begun falling asleep and wars would be fought over water in the future. The old world was slowly being swallowed by the sea. Kevin Costner's 'Waterworld' was beginning to look prophetic. 'Mad Max' was starting to look like a peek into the future. 'Idiocracy' had already set in, in the USA. Much that was, had already passed. What was once feared had come to pass. And with the future baring its fangs at the youth of tomorrow, if only the young 'uns could have known who Connery was! For Sean Connery could have set them free..."
[To be taken with a pinch of salt...and some Gelusil, sorry]
Amazing words locusjag! How did you come up with that stuff! And it's not hard to digest. This is what is happening and might happen but agreed that it could be taken with a pinch of salt as it's exaggerated a wee bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
I was man, I was. *sob* I'm not even that old and still feel your pain.

@Rudy this is where you google Morgan Freeman. Just don't tell us if you do.
Okay I admit I didn't exactly know who Sean Connery was. But now I do and I won't ever have to look him up again. But not knowing who Morgan Freeman is! That's a sin! I guess I understand how it feels...but at the same time I doubt I will atleast for a few decades to come! And stop taking the mickey out of me.

Last edited by ampere : 9th November 2018 at 10:06. Reason: 2 Smilies per post please
RudiV3810 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks