Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2018, 02:50   #1
BHPian

Why Team-BHP? By a Wolfed Chevy Beat CNG owner

Why Team-BHP ?

Cars have been a passion since my Childhood in Kuwait. I was fortunate to have been attached to a lot of Cars as Kuwait was and is a Car Crazy country. I grew up seeing the best Cars on the planet. I used to sneak out to Car showrooms just to have a peek at the new launches which fascinated me a lot. Just gazing at those gleaming beauties set the adrenaline pumping. Oh how i dreamt of owning them someday .

Through the years my family had owned Mistubishi Pajero, Mitsubishi Lancer, Chevy Astrovan , Chevy Caprice Classic, Mazda 929, Nissan Gloria in the past. At present we have a GMC Acadia SUV, Chevy Impala and Mercedes S Class. Maintaining these cars gave me first hand experience of garages & mechanics, coming across many of the common Car problems and their Solutions and cost effective "Jugaads".
I have travelled to around 30 countries and have driven extensively in the Gulf, US, UK, China and India, so i am comfortable with both Left and Right hand Drive. Also i have been fortunate to drive many different Cars of most of the Major Brands.
In 2012, i was posted to India and i needed a small Hatchback for my daily commute. Being a Chevy fan and Petrolhead since childhood I zeroed in on the Chevy Beat Petrol LT. I got it CNG fitted to save fuel costs as my highway trips increased. Soon i felt the URGE for more power and pickup in overtaking on Highways along with FUEL Efficiency.
And then Beatie led me to Team BHP. How ?
The search for more Power on Google landed me on the Team BHP webpage and I became an instant fan ... Period. Since then I have passionately browsed TBHP to fill my appetite for cars and the enthusiast in me has silently grown.

I have done a lot of Mods on my Chevy Beat, mostly influenced by TBHP reviews like Tyres, Alloys, Decals, RogerAbs, Armrest, Interior Mods, 90/100 Headlight Relay, Iridium Sparkplugs, BMC filter, Automech FFE, Italian Tuning Box, and the Latest - Wolfmoto Remap ( Wolfmoto's first for a Petrol Beat done after much persuasion ) . I have got a lot of positive results which I would love to share with other Beat Owners . Touchwood, i have been very lucky and satisfied with my long-term Beat Ownership. Till 4 years and 40000km, i had spent a total of mere 11000 Rs on maintenance - including Oils and Consumables ! And Beat/CNG used to cost me a Miserly Rs 1.5-1.75 per Km on the Highways with 100% AC !
Right now, i am posted out of India again. My Pre-worshipped Chevy Beat has been transferred to the extended family, and is in safe hands.

I enjoy TBHP a lot and have gained a lot of knowledge about indian Cars from this amazing Forum. The best part about TBHP is that it gives totally INFORMATIVE Inputs, full of QUALITY KNOWLEDGE topped with subtle DECENCY and Elite HARMONY. Not at all like other unmoderated Forums and Blogs which are so much adulterated with polarizing views, derogatory comments, biased marketing reviews, sensitive political or religious intrusions, cheap rubbish and non-beneficial nonsense.
I really craved to be a part of this Elite Car Community of my fellow countrymen. Finally after 6 years, my membership was approved in my 3rd attempt. Thanks Team BHP
Across the years, a lot of times i wished to Like or Thank the TBHP Reviews and posts but i couldn't as i was not a member. So i would wholeheartedly use this opportunity to thank the whole TBHP community for their Valuable contributions, especially GTO and his Never-Resting Army of Moderators for their wonderful initiatives and efforts to maintain this Auto-enthusiast's abode in pristine condition . I would like to applaud the brilliant members like Dr.Naren who have inspired me and helped a lot for my Wolfmoto Remap.

Regards
J Shakir

A few Parting shots of my amazing Beat.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Team-BHP? By a Wolfed Chevy Beat CNG owner-screenshot_20181220014508_gallery.jpg  

Why Team-BHP? By a Wolfed Chevy Beat CNG owner-20181220_015205.jpg  

Why Team-BHP? By a Wolfed Chevy Beat CNG owner-20181220_020909.jpg  

JS Kwt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 10:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Why Team-BHP ? - By a Wolfed CNG Chevy Beat owner

Hi Shakir,

Welcome to the forum.

That's a very interesting car you drive. A Wolfed CNG Chevy Beat. Please do share your experience with the car and a report on all the mentioned modifications.

Also, if possible, please do share the ownership reviews of all the cars your family owns.

Trust you have gone through Team-BHP's posting rules.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 13:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see you here on Team BHP buddy . When you asked my advice regarding Wolf map for Beat running on CNG, I was not sure if Rajiv would be successful, Finally everything went well .

We are here for sharing information and experience with our cars. Looking forward to read your threads.

Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 23:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
That's a very interesting car you drive. A Wolfed CNG Chevy Beat. Please do share your experience with the car and a report on all the mentioned modifications.

Also, if possible, please do share the ownership reviews of all the cars your family owns.

Looking forward to seeing your posts.
Thanks Chirag for the Warm welcome

Surely would love to share my Beat Ownership

Wolfmoto Rajiv was pleasantly surprised with the Free Revving Engine, Ride and Handling of my Beat post Remap enhanced by the FFE, BMC Filter, RogerAbs and Michelin XM2s, he said that it felt even better than his own Palio 1.6 !

To Sum up -
" Post Remap my Power and Pickup woes Cease
In CNG it cruises on Triple digit Speeds with Ease
Overtaking Trucks on the Highways like a Breeze "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good to see you here on Team BHP buddy
You were my guiding Angel
Quote:
When you asked my advice regarding Wolf map for Beat running on CNG, I was not sure if Rajiv would be successful, Finally everything went well.
It took a lot of convincing from my side that i am willing to take the Risk, and it paid off well.
God ... How that night passed
4am Srinaths call came that they have finally cracked it !

Quote:
We are here for sharing information and experience with our cars. Looking forward to read your threads.
Thanks a ton Buddy.
My threads will be nothing compared to your 1.6 Scross and ECU Remap, still will give it a try

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2018 at 20:21. Reason: Please only use spaces after punctuation marks, not before. Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks