Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 19:46   #1
BHPian

Finally a Team-BHPian!

Hello fellow motorheads, I'm Anindya Agrawal from city of locks, Aligarh. After following the forum for more than 2 years, I finally secured the tag of a team-bhpian in my second attempt.

My interest in cars developed at a very young age. I had a large collection of toy cars and still have some of them. I got my driving license at 18 and learnt driving at local driving school. Our first family car was Maruti WagonR in 2003. Back in 2016, we started looking for a comfortable sedan for long journeys. It was then, I came across team bhp for the first time and it was love at first sight with this forum. Team bhp's detailed review, pdi points and vin decoding helped me to bring ciaz home, which in turn, kicked wagonR out of garage (not out of house). In 2017, team bhp review again helped me in getting home our third car, Maruti Ignis.

Now coming over to me, I'm 26 years old and doing ca. In 2012, while I was standing roadside on my scooter, a car hit me, flipping me in air and ran away. I received multiple injuries in my cervical spine, brachial plexus, left shoulder, scapula and left arm and leg. My helmet got crushed but saved my head from injuries. My shoulder injury got diagnosed after 3 and half years due to negligence of doctors. There were multiple tears including SLAP tear. My shoulder had degraded with time, all thanks to multiple steroids injected there over the course of 1 and half years. My left shoulder joint was operated and 2 screws were implanted there to hold ligaments and tissues in place. It's been more than 3 years since my surgery and I'm still recovering. My career being the most affected, all friends and relatives treat me like I'm an alien to them.

But, amongst all these chaos and depressing environment, there are few things which have kept me cheerful and positive like my mummy and nani's support, my hobbies including cycling, photography, pc games, driving cars, listening instrumental music and this forum's never ending posts, ownership reviews, beautiful travelogues, etc. Though I have been driving cars since 7 years and for more than 10,000 kms, but this July, it was my first hill drive to Nainital and Pangot with my parents. GTO's article on "Safe driving on hills" and other members' tips helped a lot.
Team bhp also helped me to make my way to the Top 30 Safest Young Drivers of India, 2016 in a competition held by Maruti Suzuki and an auto magazine.

Though all members here are car enthusiasts, I have been following posts and threads of some members for a long time and like them very much- GTO, volkman10, Dr. Naren, Blackpearl, Blackwasp, Leoshashi, TusharK, Crazy Driver, Samba, SS-Traveller, V. Narayan sir. It will be an honour for me to meet any of them some day.
Lastly, many many thanks to moderators for approving my membership. I feel extremely privileged to be a member of this esteemed forum and will love to contribute to the quality content present here.

With regards
Anindya

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th December 2018 at 20:20. Reason: Minor spacing change. Welcome aboard :)
Anindya_Anni is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 20:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally a Team-BHPian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
I finally secured the tag of a team-bhpian in my second attempt
What a weighty first post!

Hats off to your resilience and pragmatism. Amidst a general sense of despair and negativity amongst the youngsters, yours is a story worth a thousand readings and shares.
Quote:
Team bhp also helped me to make my way to the Top 30 Safest Young Drivers of India,2016 in a competition held by Maruti Suzuki and an auto magazine
A tale that needs to be told in detail to all of us, whenever you can.

Congrats on your membership: and on your outlook towards life .

Keep posting.
dailydriver is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 22:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
What a weighty first post!
I'm weighty as well. Shouldn't that be reflected in my post.

Quote:
Hats off to your resilience and pragmatism. Amidst a general sense of despair and negativity amongst the youngsters, yours is a story worth a thousand readings and shares.
Thank you so much sir. Your opinion resembles my mother's views.

Quote:
A tale that needs to be told in detail to all of us, whenever you can.
Will share it for sure.
Anindya_Anni is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 10:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anindya_Anni View Post
Hello fellow motorheads, I'm Anindya Agrawal from city of locks, Aligarh.
Welcome to Team-BHP Anindya! Glad to have you onboard.

Quote:
My interest in cars developed at a very young age. I had a large collection of toy cars and still have some of them. I got my driving license at 18 and learnt driving at local driving school. Our first family car was Maruti WagonR in 2003.
Tell me about it. Even today, a hot wheels model excites me as much as a new car! We have a wonderful scale model thread where member's post some amazing collections.

Quote:
Now coming over to me, I'm 26 years old and doing CA. In 2012, while I was standing roadside on my scooter, a car hit me, flipping me in air and ran away. I received multiple injuries in my cervical spine, brachial plexus, left shoulder, scapula and left arm and leg....
It's been more than 3 years since my surgery and I'm still recovering.
Wishing you a speedy recovery mate! And I'm sure glad you had your lid on. While advocating for safety myself, I sure hope to educate more people regarding safe driving in India to avoid as many incidences as possible.

Quote:
But, amongst all these chaos and depressing environment, there are few things which have kept me cheerful and positive like my mummy and nani's support, my hobbies including cycling, photography, pc games, driving cars, listening instrumental music and this forum's never ending posts, ownership reviews, beautiful travelogues,etc.
You have been quite resilient there! Don't worry, you are amongst like-minded people here. You will always find someone or the other online, either creating posts, replying or just being a reader here.

Quote:
Team bhp also helped me to make my way to the Top 30 Safest Young Drivers of India,2016 in a competition held by Maruti Suzuki and an auto magazine.
Congrats! I did try to enrol as well, but wasn't short listed. Do share your experience about it and I'm sure there will be many members interested to know about it.

Quote:
Though all members here are car enthusiasts, I have been following posts and threads of some members for a long time and like them very much- GTO, volkman10, Dr. Naren, Blackpearl, Blackwasp, Leoshashi, TusharK, Crazy Driver, Samba, SS-Traveller, V. Narayan sir. It will be an honour for me to meet any of them some day.
Do read the rules of the forum once before you post. Looking forward to see you on the forum.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 12:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome onboard, Anindya!

That's (unfortunately) quite the tale you have; although, what matters is how strongly you are coming out of it. More power to you and those rooting for you!

You've quite a good list of hobbies and there's room (and more) for each of those here on Team-BHP. Looking forward to read your experiences and thoughts.

Take care, good luck in your CA pursuit, and see you around the forum!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 13:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, Anindya_Anni !!!
It is encouraging to read about your positive attitude to life, inspite of the troubles.
Keep rocking !!!
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 06:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome onboard Anindya.

Getting a BHPian tag in 2nd attempt is something you should be proud of. I wasn't so fortunate and thanks to my casual attempts initially, this figure for me stands at around 26 or 27.

Quote:
My career being the most affected, all friends and relatives treat me like I'm an alien to them.
Don't worry about them. Such people shouldn't even matter to you. I believe in destiny and such times come so that you get to know people around you better. Take it as a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
.....and I'm still recovering
Wishing you speedy recovery mate. Do go through the forum rules once, and post in detail about the cars in your garage.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 01:01   #8
BHPian

First of all, I apologize for replying so late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Anindya! Glad to have you onboard.

Tell me about it. Even today, a hot wheels model excites me as much as a new car! We have a wonderful scale model thread where member's post some amazing collections.
I have 5 hot wheels sets alongwith their cars, 2 scale models namely, Porsche Carrera 911 and Mercedes Benz B class, a 30 toy car set, an open air car and several other cars including mini van, tata seirra, etc.

Quote:
Wishing you a speedy recovery mate! And I'm sure glad you had your lid on.
Thank you so much sir.

Quote:
While advocating for safety myself, I sure hope to educate more people regarding safe driving in India to avoid as many incidences as possible.
Whenever I travel, I ask my co-travellers (when I'm driving) and driver (while travelling in taxi) to wear seat belt but they only wear it when the car is about to enter Noida or Delhi or Lucknow, reason being they don't want to pay fine to traffic police. Such is the mentality of people.

Quote:
Congrats! I did try to enrol as well, but wasn't short listed. Do share your experience about it and I'm sure there will be many members interested to know about it.
Sure sir, I got through it in my second attempt.

Quote:
Do read the rules of the forum once before you post. Looking forward to see you on the forum.
I read the rules again, but couldn't find the one which I violated. Kindly elaborate what you want to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Welcome onboard, Anindya!

That's (unfortunately) quite the tale you have; although, what matters is how strongly you are coming out of it. More power to you and those rooting for you!
Thank you so much sir.

Quote:
You've quite a good list of hobbies and there's room (and more) for each of those here on Team-BHP.
I forgot to mention one hobby. Being the only child, whenever I want to vent out my anger or frustation, I just start beating my soft toys in the same way, my mother used to beat me when I was a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Welcome to team-bhp, Anindya_Anni !!!
It is encouraging to read about your positive attitude to life, inspite of the troubles.
Thank you sir for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Welcome onboard Anindya.

Getting a BHPian tag in 2nd attempt is something you should be proud of.
Sir, it took me more than 3 hours to write those 3 answers.

Quote:
I wasn't so fortunate and thanks to my casual attempts initially, this figure for me stands at around 26 or 27.
Unbelievable sir, if I read this figure before, I might not have tried again.

Quote:
Don't worry about them. Such people shouldn't even matter to you. I believe in destiny and such times come so that you get to know people around you better. Take it as a blessing in disguise.
Rightly said sir, my mother says,"Whatever happens, happens for a good reason." I'm looking forward to making new friends here on team bhp.

Quote:
Wishing you speedy recovery mate. Do go through the forum rules once, and post in detail about the cars in your garage.
Thank you sir. I'll definitely post ownership reviews of my both cars, after my ca exams are over in may.

With Regards
Anindya
Anindya_Anni is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks