Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2019, 11:41   #1
BHPian

Greetings all!

Greetings all,

Saturday morning, Lazy start, Usual chores... I thought this day would be the same as regular ones, until lazily checked my inbox, and there it was!

A shot of caffeine
A shot of adrenaline
And a shot of both combined...

The lines... "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"

Yay! I'm a part of a well established and esteemed community. Can't hold my throttle valves as I'm totally unprepared to write an introduction, but here it is!

Been a lurker of this forum for a while (read: Years), any automotive updates, technical stuffs, and sometimes off topic discussions, this was my first point of contact and was assured to get the right solution at the right time with minimal fuss.
Hats off to the Mods & Admins tirelessly maintaining the quality of the community.

I believe its time to say about me.
I'm from Bangalore working with a leading Aero Engine firm. Though, during my evening hours and weekends, I start wearing multiple hats..

1. DIY - Wood working: Started as a requirement to design a Custom TV rack to hold my gadgets, ended up making all small furniture in my home. Currently on designing my center table and Bookshelves to go with my TV Rack.

2. Audiophile & Sound: Started as an audiophile to kill my loneliness during my bachelor days (and abroad days), now into designing speakers, Custom crossovers, and enclosures. Currently working on a compact satellite and sub system to go with my Marantz 1508.

3. SFF Enthusiast: As I used to travel abroad, the urge of having a compact PC as portable as possible began, ended up building a computer with i7 8700, 32GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD, 2x500GB SSD and a 1060 6GB in a size that fits into a 15 inch laptop bag. (currently working to upgrade to a 1660/Ti).

4. Gaming: I mainly use my console for gaming, to enjoy a large screen couch comfort. Completed GOW & RDR2 now. currently sabbatical for Days gone & Last of Us 2.

5. Gadget head: With a lot of interests in gadgets, and owning a good set of them, and enough knowledge to tinker, flash, and solder stuff the options are still expanding. Currently running a home server with openelec, Android box custom flashed with Android TV, a 55" 4K HDR, a PS4 & PS3 (Computers, tablets, earphones, audioplayers not accounted yet.)

Thanks for reading till now... Was the above intended to be a show-off? No. That's one of the reasons I joined Team-BHP. I have dipped my toes in various fields, that I can be able to help members as much as possible.

I'm in the process of buying my 1st car, as i was shuffled between homeland and abroad far too much, so far.

I believe me being a part of this community can help in bartering knowledge, to get a well collaborative community.

Thanks for reading.
Cheers.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 11:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Greetings all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Greetings all,

1. DIY - Wood working:

2. Audiophile & Sound: Started as an audiophile

3. SFF Enthusiast: As I used to travel abroad, the urge of having a compact PC

4. Gaming: I mainly use my console for gaming,

5. Gadget head: With a lot of interests in gadgets,
Welcome. You sure have a lot of interests. We are primarily an automotive forum but we have a whole section for those who have similar interests as yours. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ters-software/
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2019, 17:23   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Welcome. You sure have a lot of interests. We are primarily an automotive forum but we have a whole section for those who have similar interests as yours.
I believe writing is not my forte. I assumed being a petrolhead is the primary requirement of this forum, and tried explaining my differentiators.

About my Automotive background. I'm a Mechanical engineer, working on an OEM aerospace firm, with huge interest in automotive, I currently own a Honda unicorn turning 13 years this month, and a Jupiter passed 3 years.
I used to have a Swift VDI 2010, shortly selling it in a couple of years due to abroad transfer. Till now, Bangalore traffic have been a deterrent of my idea of owning a car. Long trips and holidays are handled so far by AVIS, Zoom, Voler and so.

Now, due to career change and an aging motorbike and me, Looking for a comfortable means of transport.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2019, 09:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the family. You really do have varied interests. But it also looks like you have a lot of spare time. Must be a dream job you have.

Quote:
3. SFF Enthusiast: As I used to travel abroad, the urge of having a compact PC as portable as possible began, ended up building a computer with i7 8700, 32GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD, 2x500GB SSD and a 1060 6GB in a size that fits into a 15 inch laptop bag. (currently working to upgrade to a 1660/Ti).
This is the one that interests me. I'm no SFF enthusiast, but I'm in need of such a system, so that I can take my work home without compromising on processing power. What kind of cabinet did you find, that can be fit inside a laptop bag? Can you give more details/photos of this system so that I can build something similar.
Old 17th March 2019, 22:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Welcome to the family. You really do have varied interests. But it also looks like you have a lot of spare time. Must be a dream job you have.

This is the one that interests me. I'm no SFF enthusiast, but I'm in need of such a system, so that I can take my work home without compromising on processing power. What kind of cabinet did you find, that can be fit inside a laptop bag? Can you give more details/photos of this system so that I can build something similar.
Sure...
The case I use is "Skyreach 4 mini" designed by Josh and made by Lian li
Please find the link and details below.

https://nfc-systems.com/skyreach-4-mini

Currently running a No-external adapter system (Brickless) with the configuration mentioned. I have a good exposure in this segment and feel free to shoot queries.
Old 18th March 2019, 12:48   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings all!

Quote:
Sure...
The case I use is "Skyreach 4 mini" designed by Josh and made by Lian li
Please find the link and details below..
Wow! I am impressed.

You managed to fit 32GB RAM and 4 drives (2x2TB HDD + 2x500GB SSD) and a graphics card into such a small format?

Are the HDD 2.5" laptop style hard drives or regular 3.5" drives?

Keep in mind, I am 56 and not tech savvy. In fact I am tech-phobic or tech-averse.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 13:33   #7
BHPian

Re: Greetings all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Wow! I am impressed.

You managed to fit 32GB RAM and 4 drives (2x2TB HDD + 2x500GB SSD) and a graphics card into such a small format?

Are the HDD 2.5" laptop style hard drives or regular 3.5" drives?

Keep in mind, I am 56 and not tech savvy. In fact I am tech-phobic or tech-averse.
No worries, Even I was not an enthusiast till some years ago...

And to answer your question. the 2TB ones are 2.5 laptop HDD types and the 500GB are NVME M.2 types. (Looks like a slice of "Juicy fruit" stick and connects directly to motherboard.)
The thing that impressed me are the space still available to put a ITX Graphics card and a power supply to handle them all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks