Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2019, 11:15   #1
BHPian

Hey guys! Vanakkam & Namaskaram

First, Thank you Team-bhp for giving me a membership. I have known this forum from my UG days. The speciality of this forum is its accessibility to non-members too. I am fortunate to get a membership after 2 attempts. Special thanks to GTO.

I am from TamilNadu and from a Mechanical engineering background. Took a radical decision to change my career due to lifestyle changes. So, unemployed at present.

The car which I use now is the new Swift Zxi+. Kind of ended up with it. It was bought by my father(senior citizen) against my insistence of going for an automatic car considering his age & driving skill. Ironically, he stopped driving after a few attempts. He couldn't cope with the indiscipline on the roads. But no complaints against the car except its low safety ratings. Petrol+MT is very convenient to drive in the snake-like single & double lane rural roads of TamilNadu. Before this, we owned a 2008 1st gen swift Vxi with ABS.

My other interests are yoga, roof gardening(vegetables), trees etc. One of my deep desire/ambition is to set up an Arboretum for the native trees. My solo travels are usually by public transport(i try to avoid private/redbus buses too).

Cheers!
Nimalan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 13:00   #2
BHPian

re: Hey Guys! Vanakkam & Namaskaram!

Welcome Aboard Nimalan. A mechanical engineer with an interest in trees ? That is interesting. Do share your experiences on wheels and off.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 13:26   #3
BHPian

re: Hey Guys! Vanakkam & Namaskaram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
A mechanical engineer with an interest in trees ? That is interesting.
I was too naive at that time. I wanted to get into agri field, but my parents didn't allow. Not to brag but unfortunately, I had scored good marks without knowing the ways of the world then. Norm was that, one should have scored low to get into those fields. CEG campus which was great then and 5 kms away from my home, seemed a better alternative among the choices given to me.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks