Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2019, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Beginning of a new life

Hi all,

A very very warm greetings to all the members of this esteemed community.

At the very beginning I wish to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to Team BHP for approving my membership. Needless to say I am super excited to be a part of this wonderful, hugely knowledgeable and passionate group of petrolheads.

I am Saurabh Banerjee from Kolkata. I work in an ICT (Integrated Communications & Technology) company with expertise in networks, networking and networking technologies. I am married and have two kids.

At the same time I passionately love vehicles and driving. I started riding bicycle from age 4 and there has been no looking back.

I have owned n driven bikes from Luna Super to Enfield Explorer, Bajaj Chetak, Bajaj Discover to Yamaha FZS v2. Incidentally I drove the Bajaj Discover 125 bike for roughly 190,000 kms.

I have owned cars from the modest 800 to Zen LX to Santro to Swift Dzire to XUV 500 W11 now (planning for the Ford Endy 3.2). I have driven extensively across Sikkim, Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal including locs such as Nathula etc. I am fortunate to have a wife who loves to accompany me on my frequent trips.

Incidentally I am starting off on another road trip to Sikkim Silk Route (Kolkata - Siliguri - Kalimpong - Aritar - Zuluk - Gnathang valley - Tsomogo lake - Gangtok - Siliguri - Kolkata) on 26th May morning. It is Providence that I received the coveted Team BHP membership just a few days back.

I wish all of us good luck in making this forum the BEST in the world.

Thanks n Regards,
Saurabh Banerjee
SaurabhB is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 00:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Beginning of a new life

Nomoshkar Dada. It's great to have you here, even I am new here, my membership was approved last month only. I stay at Dhakuria and office is in sector 5. Wish you a good time and happy posting here, would love to see you post some great travelogues.
haisaikat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
I am Saurabh Banerjee from Kolkata. At the same time I passionately love vehicles and driving. I started riding bicycle from age 4 and there has been no looking back.
Welcome to Team-BHP Saurabh! Glad to have you onboard. Before you begin, do take a look at the rules of the forum once.

Quote:
I have owned n driven bikes from Luna Super to Enfield Explorer, Bajaj Chetak, Bajaj Discover to Yamaha FZS v2. Incidentally I drove the Bajaj Discover 125 bike for roughly 190,000 kms.
Thats a nice variety of bikes if I may say so. I'm sure many would be interest in the ownership report of the 1.9L km done Discover.

Quote:
I have owned cars from the modest 800 to Zen LX to Santro to Swift Dzire to XUV 500 W11 now (planning for the Ford Endy 3.2). I have driven extensively across Sikkim, Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal including locs such as Nathula etc. I am fortunate to have a wife who loves to accompany me on my frequent trips.
Wow... I will reiterierte this once again, you (and others close to the Himalayas) are very fortunate to have a Himalayan road trip right in your backyard.

Quote:
Incidentally I am starting off on another road trip to Sikkim Silk Route (Kolkata - Siliguri - Kalimpong - Aritar - Zuluk - Gnathang valley - Tsomogo lake - Gangtok - Siliguri - Kolkata) on 26th May morning. It is Providence that I received the coveted Team BHP membership just a few days back.
All the best for your road trip. Looking forward to pictures from the same.
Old 20th May 2019, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Saurabh Da!

Quote:
I have owned n driven bikes from Luna Super to Enfield Explorer, Bajaj Chetak, Bajaj Discover to Yamaha FZS v2. Incidentally I drove the Bajaj Discover 125 bike for roughly 190,000 kms....
.....I have owned cars from the modest 800 to Zen LX to Santro to Swift Dzire to XUV 500 W11 now (planning for the Ford Endy 3.2).
Wow, that's a long list of vehicles! My uncle owns an immaculate '89 Bajaj Chetak too, the photo of which I posted on another thread yesterday. You must be having interesting stories to tell about all of them! Looking forward to your travelogues/ownership reports.

Quote:
Incidentally I am starting off on another road trip to Sikkim Silk Route (Kolkata - Siliguri - Kalimpong - Aritar - Zuluk - Gnathang valley - Tsomogo lake - Gangtok - Siliguri - Kolkata) on 26th May morning.
Sikkim is indeed a very beautiful place. I've been there twice, in the summers of 2016 and 2018. In 2016 we had intended to go up to Yumthang valley, but due to some bridge collapsing in North Sikkim, it was completely out of bounds. Had to cut the trip short by 5 days and return home. In 2018, my mother, sister and I went up to Gangtok and stayed there for a few days to avoid the Kolkata heat. That time also, we couldn't go to North Sikkim since my father hadn't joined us on the trip due to work pressure, and my mother wasn't confident about going beyond Gangtok without my father :/

Kolkata has a pretty active offroading group too, and I think you'll enjoy going on outings with them and putting​ your XUV and the upcoming Endy through their paces!

Wish you all the best and hope you have a good time here!

Regards.
Old 20th May 2019, 17:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

A very very warm greetings to all the members of this esteemed community.
Welcome Saurabh Da,

Apart from your love for Bikes, Cars and traveling, you haven't mentioned anything about Bengal's love for Fishes and culinary delights associated with it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2019 at 17:26. Reason: Trimming quoted post. A long quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Old 21st May 2019, 07:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard SaurabhB, please avoid sharing your personal contact info over the open forum.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:28   #7
BHPian

Welcome SaurabhB. Have a great trip in Sikkim. You can see many travelogues on TBHP for the circuit you are covering.

Keep a check on meet section around June since our Monsoon meets usually happen in July.

Cheers,

Pawan
Old 22nd May 2019, 20:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi Saurabh, welcome to team-bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB
I have owned n driven bikes from Luna Super to Enfield Explorer ...
Those were bikes from my childhood - along with the Rajdoot, Mini-Bullet, etc. Remember being super excited about the Explorer. When did you own them ? Would be good to have reviews / photos of these oldies.

Have fun on the forum
Old 26th May 2019, 17:06   #9
BHPian

Welcome SaurabhB to Team-BHP.
That's a long list of vehicles you have owned.
All the best for your Sikkim trip. Looking forward for your Travelogue and update on road conditions in our dedicated thread.
Old 2nd June 2019, 16:09   #10
BHPian

Hi all,

Just came back to my home town from a week long driving trip in East Sikkim in my XUV 500 as planned. Unfortunately, i could not drive further than Zuluk due to a massive landslide which had swept away the road completely resulting in total traffic blockade beyond Zuluk.

XUV performed effortlessly and returned an average of 14.5 Kmpl with full AC on between Kolkata to Siliguri and Siliguri to Kolkata i.e., nearly 1200 Kms of 1575 Kms travelled.

I have started preparing my travellogue and shall post the same in the dedicated thread in some time.

Cheers !!
Saurabh
Old 3rd June 2019, 02:39   #11
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum to one Bong from another Bong!
Hope you have a nice stay here and will wait for your travelogue on Sikkim (my second home ) and also wish you get your Endy soon!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks