Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2019, 13:02   #1
BHPian

A bike enthusiast saying hello!

Here goes the attempt of a 27 year old Bangalorean living in Hyderabad trying to introduce himself! I am a Software developer during the day, sleep a lot at night.

Currently still riding my trusty 08 Yamaha FZ16 with over 100k Km. Since the corporate gods have smiled on me, I can now afford to realize my childhood dream of owing a fast bike by purchasing a brand new Kawasaki Z900 soon. It isn't exactly an exotic but I like it and the thought of owning an inline-4 gives me a rush of Adrenaline just day dreaming about it.

As an Isle of Man fan, one of my hopes is to go see the race one day, maybe even ride there if fate permits.

Other interests include Sim-Racing on my Logitech G27, playing Richard Burns Rally and Assetto Corsa.

I am looking to ride with other people, so if there is anyone in Hyd who wants a not-so-good-looking rider to join their group, let me know

Last edited by RodRowdyBiker : 19th May 2019 at 13:08. Reason: new lines
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:21   #2
BHPian

Re: A bike enthusiast saying hello!

Hope your username isn't in reference to your riding skills!

Welcome to Team-BHP, man! You've completed 100k plus kms on your 11 year old bike, whereas my (way less powerful) bike's odo is at less than 9k kms after 4 years

Wishing you a good time here on the forum!
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 11:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Hope your username isn't in reference to your riding skills!

Welcome to Team-BHP, man! You've completed 100k plus kms on your 11 year old bike, whereas my (way less powerful) bike's odo is at less than 9k kms after 4 years

Wishing you a good time here on the forum!

Well, maybe 5 years ago it would have been apt, but not so much now. I still ride fast but only when the traffic allows for it. I remember having to shell out Rs. 950 almost quarterly for breaking the front fork seals! Now I only need to do that half-yearly
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
I remember having to shell out Rs. 950 almost quarterly for breaking the front fork seals! Now I only need to do that half-yearly
Oh wow. I used to consider myself an aggressive rider but now I guess I'm nowhere close (judging by the fact that I've never had to replace the front fork seals)

All the best, looking forward to the long term ownership review of your bike!
boniver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 22:51   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Currently still riding my trusty 08 Yamaha FZ16 with over 100k Km. Since the corporate gods have smiled on me, I can now afford to realize my childhood dream of owing a fast bike by purchasing a brand new Kawasaki Z900 soon.
Welcome to the forum!

Big jump from 13.8ps to 125ps. Ride side and responsibly, and don't forget to pick all the riding gear! Z900 is a very nice machine and easy to live with as a first superbike, but don't forget to meditate that right wrist unless the conditions properly allow! Ride safe.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 08:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Big jump from 13.8ps to 125ps. Ride side and responsibly, and don't forget to pick all the riding gear! Z900 is a very nice machine and easy to live with as a first superbike, but don't forget to meditate that right wrist unless the conditions properly allow! Ride safe.

It is a rather big jump, and my bike probably produces only 12ps after a decade of riding it. But I have ridden a few super bikes and the Z900 feels a lot more progressive compared to the hyper-acceleration of the liter class super bikes. The lack of Traction control is a bit of a worry but I think I can manage, maybe stay away from the rain for the first few months

And yes, I have already spent quite a few hours trying to pick out the ideal mesh jacket and boots. Still haven't decided if I really want a Knee guard though. The helmet is on its way from the States , A scorpion EXO R420.

Also wanted to tell you that I really like your monthly sales reports and one of the reasons I joined here to begin with, so Thanks! If it isn't somewhat of a secret, can you tell me where do you source your info?
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 09:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Still haven't decided if I really want a Knee guard though.
I don't think you need a knee-guard. You, me and all riders do need a proper riding pant. [ATGATT]

Would suggest to have a proper test-ride of the Z prior to getting it, take it to small hills, take few corners and see if the wheelbase/handling suit you. Straight lines aren't an issue to be honest.

And welcome to Team-BHP. Ride Safe.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 09:19   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it isn't somewhat of a secret, can you tell me where do you source your info?
Thank you. Source is http://www.autopunditz.com/ as mentioned in every thread.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st May 2019 at 11:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 09:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't think you need a knee-guard. You, me and all riders do need a proper riding pant. [ATGATT]

Would suggest to have a proper test-ride of the Z prior to getting it, take it to small hills, take few corners and see if the wheelbase/handling suit you. Straight lines aren't an issue to be honest.

And welcome to Team-BHP. Ride Safe.

I don't know anyone who has a Z900 and I doubt the showroom will lend it to me for that period of time. The area around the showroom is hilly and I really liked the ride. My route was almost identical to the one in this
Old 21st May 2019, 10:04   #10
BHPian

Welcome RodRowdybiker,

I am also a bike enthusiast who started on a 2011 FZ-S, now on a CBR250R ABS and soom will be jumping to a CBR650F/Ninja 1000. Be active, looking forward to your purchase experience and long ride stories.
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 11:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! Looking forward to interacting with you on the 2 wheeler section.
The z900 is a massive improvement over the slow and heavy z800. On a short spin I was surprised how much better it is compared to the old 800.After 5000 rpm things start picking up and really gets going post 7000. The seats are comfortable and the riding position ergonomic. Stock suspension holds up well. With a shortish gear ratio it is fun to ride. I would recommend a Brembo brake upgrade down the line. Overall, a fun city bike which can also indulge in touring.
You will enjoy your time with her. Just keep your wrist in check and the bike will ensure it looks out for you.

A good riding pant will cover you well. At the on set go with a proper helmet, jacket, gloves, pants and boots. You can keep on adding to it slowly. A chest brace maybe , knee guards, back protectors etc etc.

Last edited by bigron : 21st May 2019 at 11:15.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks