Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 15:10   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?

Glad to finally be part of the community I used to lurk around as a teenager many years ago. A recent trip to Bangalore reignited my interest in the local car scene and led me to creating an account here.

A little about me: Born in Bangalore 26 years ago & currently based in Dubai since the past 2 decades. I work as a Finance controller in a FMCG MNC. I was as bit by a Lamborghini Countach as a 6-year-old and have been infected ever since.
Apart from cars, I’m passionate about Cricket & Motorsports (F1 & Drifting). I also enjoy a little bit of Photography in my free time.

A little about my cars: My daily driver is a Nissan 370Z. It has seen its share of Drift & Auto Cross Days. But as things got more serious, it started getting more expensive and I envisioned it would get a lot more expensive. Now neither am I a Sheikh nor am I sponsored by one. So unfortunately, I had to put an end to the Z's track days as the Z is not exactly a cheap car to maintain, especially when you are regularly pushing it to its limits on a track. Moreover, its not a good idea to use your only car for both, regular track & daily duties.
I had to search for a more sustainable alternative to get my dose of driving action. Enter the BMW E36. Of all the disciplines out there, Drifting appealed to me the most. The E36 platform has repeatedly proven itself as a strong player in the drifting scene. In its current 200 bhp spec, it’s the ideal car to strengthen my fundamentals in. And for when I Turbocharge it, once I’m comfortable enough, the M50 block has been rated to north of 700 bhp with minimal modifications to the internals.

You can follow more of the build on my Instagram mjkz34.

My cars & My Clicks:
Attached Thumbnails
Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?-tbhp2.jpg  

Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?-tbhp1.png  

Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?-tbhp3.jpg  

Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?-tbhp4.jpg  

Last edited by mjk24 : 29th July 2019 at 15:38.
mjk24 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 17:46   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?

Welcome aboard! And nice ride .

To answer your question, the "Team-BHP" name was thought up in one lazy afternoon at my then-office (or was it morning?). Didn't think of it for more than 2 - 3 hours. Liked the sound of it and what it stood for (collective power). Went for it & registered the domain. Very honestly, I don't think any of us knew the meaning of WHP then .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 22:08   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP! Why not WHP though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard! And nice ride .

To answer your question, the "Team-BHP" name was thought up in one lazy afternoon at my then-office (or was it morning?). Didn't think of it for more than 2 - 3 hours. Liked the sound of it and what it stood for (collective power). Went for it & registered the domain. Very honestly, I don't think any of us knew the meaning of WHP then .
Thanks
Haha, that was a rhetorical question. Should've used a smiliey to make that more apparent. Nice to know how the page was named though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks