Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2019, 07:20   #1
BHPian

Hello from Detroit

Hello mods, thank you for approving my membership request.

Hello everyone, I have been using TeamBHP for more than a decade and I am happy that my membership request was finally approved. I am a regular visitor of several sections and infact supercars in india section is one of the first thing I check everyday at work.

I have been interested in car right from my childhood days like most of us. After completing my graduate studies, i was able to take up a job in the automotive capital of the world. I work for one of the major tier 1 suppliers located in metro Detroit area. I have been working as a Brakes test engineer for the past 6 years and early this year I took up a job in ADAS field.

I started driving at a very young age and wanted to drive manuals all my life. Couple of years back i got to know that i had knee issues and will not be able to drive manuals. So i am trying to have some exciting automatic vehicles in the garage. I am particular about the options in my vehicles and try to custom order vehicles unless otherwise i find an exact vehicle of my liking.

Below is a short summary of vehicles which i have owned.

Current:
2019 GTI - Rabbit, DSG
2018 Durango - RT, AWD, Blacktop and Trailer tow package, Captain chairs

Past:
2016 Civic - LX
2016 GTI - Autobahn, DSG, Performance and Lighting package
2013 A4 - Premium Plus, 6MT, Quattro, Sport and MMI package

I am active in several car forums and finally very happy to be a part of the TeamBHP as well.

Last edited by vj123 : 26th August 2019 at 07:43. Reason: Updated info
vj123 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 10:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello from Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Hello mods, thank you for approving my membership request.
Welcome to Team-BHP vj123! Glad to have you onboard.

Quote:
I have been interested in car right from my childhood days like most of us. After completing my graduate studies, i was able to take up a job in the automotive capital of the world. I work for one of the major tier 1 suppliers located in metro Detroit area. I have been working as a Brakes test engineer for the past 6 years and early this year I took up a job in ADAS field.
Wow, that's a very interesting field. Further, working with cars is something we all wish for, right?

Quote:
Below is a short summary of vehicles which i have owned.

Current:
2019 GTI - Rabbit, DSG
2018 Durango - RT, AWD, Blacktop and Trailer tow package, Captain chairs

Past:
2016 Civic - LX
2016 GTI - Autobahn, DSG, Performance and Lighting package
2013 A4 - Premium Plus, 6MT, Quattro, Sport and MMI package
Do share some pictures of the GTI and Durango. And how is your experience with them?

Quote:
I am active in several car forums and finally very happy to be a part of the TeamBHP as well.
Looking forward to your posts! Before you begin do take a look at the rules of the forum.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 17:57   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Just visited Detroit 2 months back and did the Ford factory tour. It was an awesome experience and am jealous that you get to work in the automotive field :-).
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 23:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I work for one of the major tier 1 suppliers located in metro Detroit area. I have been working as a Brakes test engineer for the past 6 years and early this year I took up a job in ADAS field.
Welcome to the forum.
I also work in automotive sector and I have good knowledge about Electronic stability control systems. Currently, working with an US based OEM.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 02:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP vj123! Glad to have you onboard.
Thank you blackwasp.

Quote:
Wow, that's a very interesting field. Further, working with cars is something we all wish for, right?
Definitely, it is a dream come true. My previous job was more fun as it had a lot of hands on activities and also had a chance to drive different vehicles.

Quote:
Do share some pictures of the GTI and Durango. And how is your experience with them?
I am planning to take some proper pictures with my current GTI this weekend and will post it in the forum once i have them. In the mean time, i am attaching pictures of my Durango and my previous GTI.

Hello from Detroit-gti-11.jpg

Hello from Detroit-gti-22.jpg

Hello from Detroit-d1.jpg

Hello from Detroit-d3.jpg

Hello from Detroit-d2.jpg

Quote:
Looking forward to your posts! Before you begin do take a look at the rules of the forum.
Thank you for passing on information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Welcome to the forum. Just visited Detroit 2 months back and did the Ford factory tour. It was an awesome experience and am jealous that you get to work in the automotive field :-).
Thank you for the kind words. Detroit is a great place to be especially for auto enthusiasts like us. Two weeks back, we had Woodward dream cruise which will have very interesting vehicles and people. We took our family who was visiting us from West coast and they thought people here were crazy.

Trip to Ford factory is like a ritual when friends or family visits us. Good to know that you had a great time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
I also work in automotive sector and I have good knowledge about Electronic stability control systems. Currently, working with an US based OEM.
Thank you. I am transitioning from mechanical to electronics / software fields and this part of the industry is interesting as well. Everytime when we see a vehicle on road with our components, we get immense joy to see that our effort has brought a great product to the end customer.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th August 2019 at 17:41. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. EDIT: Images inserted in-line.
vj123 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 00:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to take some proper pictures with my current GTI this weekend and will post it in the forum once i have them.
Quote:
Some pictures of my Rabbit which i took over the weekend.

A short summary:
GTI - Pocket friendly rocket. I am buying my second one within 3 years and thats says how much i love this vehicle.
Durango - Proper American muscle. I try to have some fun with the HEMI during my family trips.

I will be travelling to India next week and planning to write a ownership review on all my vehicles once i am back next month.
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Detroit-1.jpg  

Hello from Detroit-2.jpg  

Hello from Detroit-3.jpg  

Hello from Detroit-4.jpg  

vj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks