Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 17:26   #1
BHPian

An old Malayalam proverb came true!

There is an old malayalam proverb (From Kerala) which says if you fail on the first attempt, you will succeed on the third one.. it came true in many life experiences including the team-bhp registration. After 2 unsuccessful attempts, here we are.

I'm from Trivandrum. An IT guy who has been following team-bhp for almost a decade.

Thanking all moderators and fellow Team-bhpians on keeping this site active and for all the interesting threads, discussions, technical advices, reviews and many more.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th November 2019 at 14:18. Reason: Removing space before comma. Capitalizing first word. Welcome aboard :)
cheetahrd is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 11:01   #2
BHPian

Re: An old Malayalam proverb came true!

Welcome to the forum cheetahrd ! I get how apt the malayalam proverb is for the situation ! Here you'll find everything you need to know about all things automotive and more. I hope you'll provide us with your insights about cars and share your ownership experiences.
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 15:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
Welcome to the forum cheetahrd ! I get how apt the malayalam proverb is for the situation ! Here you'll find everything you need to know about all things automotive and more. I hope you'll provide us with your insights about cars and share your ownership experiences.
Thank you Kraken. I forgot to add ownership experiences and original post could not be edited by the time i came back.

My riding experience started with Dad's LML infact learned riding in the same. I got to ride my friend's RX during school time and got the first thrilling experience. College days went by drooling over Yamaha RD350 and RX 100's. Fast forward to After getting employed, i bought my first motor bike Yamaha RX 135. after few years, bought a HT Yamaha RD 350 which still gives me panic attacks.

First car owned was a Maruti 800, then a Honda Amaze idtec. Honda is the daily car for Work purpose. I like Amaze for my family drives. Owned a yamaha RD125LC for a brief time and sold it off recently. RD125LC was a cool small bike with nice top end, initials pick up is sluggish. Latest addition to the family is Mercedes Benz W123 for which i have visited team-bhp 'n' number of times reading reviews, restoration projects, discussions etc..
cheetahrd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 22:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP cheetahrd!

Wow, it seems you love your classics.

A W123 and RD 350 make up an interesting garage. I hope you haven't sold your RX 135 though.

Cheers!
TusharK
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 11:40   #5
BHPian

Thank you TusharK.

I have not sold my RX135. I have emotional attachments to all vehicles I own. Since RX135 was the first vehicle I purchased, it holds a special value in my heart.
Old 6th November 2019, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Wow, it seems you love your classics.

A W123 and RD 350 make up an interesting garage. I hope you haven't sold your RX 135 though.

Cheers!
TusharK
Yes Tushar, this guy is crazy about classics, be it cars or bikes. Expecting tons of experience threads coming our way. Welcome again.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 20:17   #7
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP forum cheetahrd. Hopinging to see some ownership reviews about
RD 350 and W 123.
tikku.dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahrd View Post
I'm from Trivandrum. An IT guy who has been following team-bhp for almost a decade.
Hello from the other side (of Kerala!). Welcome to forum! Nice collection you got there! Do post some pics of your beauties. The W123 truly is a hell of a looker!
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 16:21   #9
BHPian

Thank you GeneralJazz, tikku.dk and sarathlal.

My W123 came back after some TLC and minor painting last month. I have procured suspension parts for restoration and planning to start soon.

I shall start a thread once the restoration starts.

Thanks Again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks