Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2019, 02:52   #1
GTB
BHPian

Servus Team-BHP!

Apologies for any errors, for a lengthy post and any inconvenience, caused.

Majority of boys like automobiles, some are more into cars, some are more into motorcycles and few into both cars and bikes. But I love them all, right from a bicycle to 10 wheels bus and truck. You ask me why?

Hmm, good question. I don't know. I did ask myself the same question over and over again. Whenever I ask this question to myself, I recollect some memories.

When I was in pre-school, my Dad's driver took me to his lap, while he was driving a Bus. Sounds weird? Yes, I agree. How could one little kid remember this? I feel stupid even while writing the same. That's the only memory I recollect holding a steering wheel for the first time.
  • I remember the very first spin on my Dad's first Chetak, my Dad's brother took me for a ride around the Temple after Pooja.
  • I remember whenever I accompany my Dad on his Chetak, I used to stand up front, turn on headlights, indicators and sound horn whenever required.
  • I remember when my dad changing the fuel switch to RES (reserve) and I used to think, he just changed the mode to race and Chetak was going even faster.
  • I remember I used to walk a few streets away from my home, to get a ride in my Dad's jeep. To my surprise, my Dad used to take an alternate route.
  • I remember, every morning before starting school, my routine was to get the Jeep keys, hold the heater switch in the Jeep (one must hold the heater switch for few minutes before a cold start) and wait for Dad to come and bring the engine to life.
  • I remember I used to admire my Dad, every morning while he drives. I used to tell him what car was behind us and what car was next to us.
  • I remember I used to like my Dad's drivers more than his friends.
  • I remember I used to go for a ride every evening with my Dad's friend, in his tanker truck.
  • I remember, all the toys I've ever owned were hot wheels.
  • I remember, the first time I sat in a friends Indica when I can reach those magic pedals for real.
  • I remember, I felt so jealous of my brother, only because he happened to join in a Driving school a year early.
  • I remember the only thing I asked my Dad, the day I turned 18 is to get me registered in a Driving school.
  • and I still remember how I felt, the very first time I sat in all the cars I drove till date
I still don’t have an answer, why I like automobiles.

I am an introvert. I don't get along with people quickly. But I get along easily with people who own cars and who like cars. I remember people by their cars. I remember my friends, cousins, colleagues and far relatives what cars they own.

I love watching cars, I love the smell of a car, I love the smell of a warm engine, I love the smell of petrol, I love the sound of an indicator, I hate to sit in a passenger seat, I love your car as much as I love my car and I LOVE TO Drive. I like all the cars out there, right from a white Ambassador to a red Ferrari.

How I got introduced to Team-Bhp?
At the end of 2016, I was in the market for a new car. After reading multiple reviews on various Websites and YouTube channels available online, I was in search of some cosmetic modifications that I can try on my new purchase, I started to search for pictures. I found some pictures on google images. I didn't realize, a click on those images was going to change my opinion on Automotive journalism. I clicked on one of the images. It steered me to Team-Bhp's official review. It was, one lengthy and very detailed review I have ever read, it covered a few details which I don't think I would find when I check the car myself. That detailed review has changed my daily reads from Autocar India, Indianautosblog, Carwale to Team-Bhp, Bimmerpost, occasionally Autocar India and Indianautosblog (in the same order).

Since then, I have been an unregistered reader at Team-Bhp. I start my work, only after reading 'News', Couple of interesting posts from 'Hot Threads' and admiring the beauties from 'Super-cars & Imports in India' threads. Thanks to Team-Bhp, I didn't find any necessity to become a member, as the unregistered reader has access to most of the content on Team-Bhp. It is still a dream to many enthusiasts, to become a member of the Forum and I am one of them. I believe you knew how it feels to be a part of this Community.

After reading a few stories from thread 'Introduce yourself', I was sceptical in applying for membership. Those famous three questions, finally Bhpian and Bhpian after seven attempts stories scared me and made me take a good time to prepare myself before hitting that ' register ' button. I planned to send my application for membership in 2020, but as one would never know what life has in store. Imagine, you receive an E-Mail from the person you admire, you get a much-needed motivation from the same person. Do you still stop yourself? Certainly NO, I answered those three scary questions and did hit the 'register' button. I mentally prepared for rejection E-Mail and to my surprise, I woke up to an Approval E-Mail. You knew how it feels indeed. I had the same Grin you get when you drive an M2 Competition, on my face. I just had one word, GRATITUDE.

Why I chose GTB as my username?
I admire a few Bhipans for their passion for cars. Some of their usernames made me think, why not use a car name instead of my own. After all, we are in a community who remember people by their cars. I have chosen my username after 1977 308 GTB, as it replicates my personality. It is not a fast car, takes its own sweet time to get along. So do I, I don't get along with people quickly. I need my own time to get comfortable. Any given day I like mechanicals over electronics, this car has no unwanted electronics either. One can hear a tactile sound with every switch. I love to hear music all day sometimes I hum along, so does she with her V8 heart.

About myself
In brief, my name is Erva (last name), an MSc Graduate in Informatics and Software Developer by profession. Interests other than automobiles are video games, music, books and programming.

Right from school days, I have been a Jeep fanboy. I love to own an Old Mahindra Jeep, Maruti 800, Gypsy, Tata Safari (first generation), premier Padmini, Ambassador, Yamaha RX100 and Hero Honda CBZ (first generation).

I go crazy for Isuzu V-Max, Toyota Fortuner (current generation), Ranger Rover Sport SVR, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford Raptor, Morris Mini Cooper S, Mini Cooper S, Mercedes GLS, G-Wagon, AMG GT, Audi RS6 Avant, BMW M2 Competition, M3(E30 and E46), M5, X5M, Porsche GT2 RS, Porsche 911, Dino 246GTs, 288 GTO, 308 GTB and DB4GT Aston Martin. Still, there are cars and good cars out there. I would love to learn about each one of them.

I still dream of driving a Jeep, Tractor, an old Ashok Leyland Bus and a truck. Like everyone here, I want to drive as many cars as possible.

The Garage mates ( in the order of purchase)
  • Bajaj Chetak
  • Hero Honda Karizma R
  • Honda Dio
  • Yamaha FZ-S
  • Maruti S-Cross 1.3 DDiS Zeta
  • Hyundai Grand i10 1.2 kappa Sportz Automatic
  • BMW M140i pre-worshipped

Thank you for your time.

Long live the Manuals!

Keep revving
GTB
Attached Thumbnails
Servus Team-BHP!-gtbgarage.png  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 14th December 2019 at 08:04. Reason: Rectified a typo. Thanks
GTB is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 08:10   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Servus Team-BHP!

Welcome to the forum GTB. It is a lovely introduction! Please post some more details and pics of the BMW M140i when you get a chance.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 08:29   #3
BHPian

Welcome GTO..err GTB. That's a good username, may be intentional? 308 GTB is a unique choice.

Loved the way you have written your post. And so true with the choice of cars you go crazy for.

Welcome on board and hope to see some more post of your beloved BMW.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th December 2019 at 08:31.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 09:30   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum mate. Your introduction clarified to me why it took me and many others, years (in my case, a decade) to get our membership approved.

Last edited by navin : 14th December 2019 at 11:30. Reason: some odd smiley that did not render well on the forum
sandhyab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 02:26   #5
GTB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Welcome to the forum GTB. It is a lovely introduction! Please post some more details and pics of the BMW M140i when you get a chance.
Thank you, BlackPearl.

Here are a few pictures from Delivery Day. Happen to take her to Prague on the same day.
Servus Team-BHP!-img2282.jpg

Servus Team-BHP!-img2287.jpg

Servus Team-BHP!-img2316.jpg

Thank you,VWAllstar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Welcome GTO..err GTB. That's a good username, may be intentional? 308 GTB is a unique choice.
Yes, it certainly was. As I wrote in my Introduction, few people did inspire me on this heaven. I am not sure whether I am allowed to name them or explain in detail here without their permission. It was more of admiration than replication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Welcome to the forum mate. Your introduction clarified to me why it took me and many others, years (in my case, a decade) to get our membership approved.
Thank you, Sandhyab.

I used to think three to four years is a long time for someone to hit the 'register' button for the first time. When I read, Bhpians writing they did wait for a decade and more to become a part of this world felt scary. I always thought one must take a good time to understand what Team-bhp is all about. Someone proved me wrong here. If you believe you belong here and you are ready to put your passion in the right words in those three questions, I suggest you, please do hit the magic button.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 15th December 2019 at 06:18. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Please use multi quote button to quote more than one post. Thanks
GTB is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks