Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 01:03   #1

Hello BHPians!

Hello Everyone,

A bit late in introducing myself here, as I was busy due to some personal work.

First, a big thank you to the team BHP moderators for allowing me to be the part of this forum. Its my honour to be part of this wonderful group.
About me – My name is Deepak Mudgal. I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical and currently I am working at Jamnagar in Reliance Industries Limited, the worlds largest refinery at a single location, as a Rotary Equipment Reliability Manager. Born and brought up in Rajkot, Gujarat but my native place is Rewari, Haryana.

About my love for Cars and Bikes – Cars and Bikes have always fascinated me since my childhood days. The biggest happiness of turning 18 and becoming adult was that I would be eligible for a permanent driving license, which would allow me to drive on our roads. The first car I started driving was my Grand Pa’s Suzuki 800 of Japanese make, 1985 model car. In 2004, my Grand Pa sold the Suzuki 800 and bought Maruti Alto which remained our family car for approx. 7 years.

In November 2011 I bought my first own car, 2nd generation Swift VDI. Swift used to be my favourite car from my college days, when the 1st generation Swift car was launched. Have wonderful memories associated with buying of this car. Initially I had booked Swift Zdi but due to strike in Manesar there was long waiting period of approx. 7-8 months in delivery. Moreover, the manufacturing of Zdi was very low as majority market demand was for Vdi model. With the help of my very close friend, who had a friend as a Manager of one of Maruti dealers in Rajkot, I was able to buy the Vdi model after few months of waiting. As I wanted the Zdi model, immediately upon purchase, I replaced the car wheels and tyres with original alloy wheels of Zdi model and upgraded the tyres with Bridgestone. I also got the Zdi model OEM stereo installed on my car from the dealer. The OEM head unit was also not readily available at that time and my friend helped in arranging the same so that the car comes out of dealer with all upgrade done.

My old Swift

Hello BHPians!-swift_img_1526.jpg

In January 2016 I sold my Swift to my cousin after driving it for 74,000 kms and bought a new car, Creta Sx(O) diesel for better leg room, luggage space and my love for SUVs. Till date I have driven my Creta for 65,000 kms and I am looking to continue with it for many more miles. The process of buying Creta was also equally fascinating. I wanted the car delivery on my first daughter’s first birthday and hence booked the car with Hyundai dealer in Jamnagar in three months advance. However, the dealer called me in the first week of January and told that car delivery will take another 3 months and its price will also be hiked. I was about to cancel my plan of buying Creta, but as fate would have it, I was in Gurgaon at that time and discussing the problem with my cousin. He told his friend has a Hyundai dealership in Haryana and if I am interested he can ask him for car availability with him. Finally I got my Creta car delivered to me in Gujarat on my daughter’s birthday.

My Creta

Hello BHPians!-creta_img_2216.jpg

Other than cars, I also have a Pulsar bike which I bought in year 2007 when I first started working.
Apart from my interest in Cars and Bikes, I love playing and watching Cricket, listening to old Hindi songs, travelling and reading GK magazines. One such magazine that I really like is SAFARI. I love driving and have done several long-distance trips in my car to places like Delhi, Jaipur, Mount Abu, Mumbai etc from Jamnagar. My Grand Pa’s old Alto is still with me and going strong. My wife mostly uses it nowadays.

I have been following team-BHP for car reviews, discussions and reports since last 10 years and now I am thrilled to be part of this amazing group. Hope to be an active member and contribute in whatever small way I can to this group.

Cheers.

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th February 2020 at 15:38. Reason: Post updated with the re-uploaded pictures. Welcome to the team!
Deepak Mudgal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 07:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello BHPians!

A warm welcome to Team-BHP Deepak.

The picture of your Swift and Creta failed to load up, please have a look here and upload them.
You may also check here.

Please report your post once you are done with picture uploading. Report Post (Report Posts : Contribute in Maintaining Team-BHP's post quality)

Please go through our rules . See you on forums .
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:42   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Mudgal View Post
2nd generation Swift VDI.

My Creta.
Welcome to the forum buddy.

Nice to see another BHPian with the same set of cars. I too upgraded from 2013 Swift ZDi to 2017 Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O). Do post long-term ownership reviews for both the cars. Will be a treat to read.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Mudgal View Post
I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical and currently I am working at Jamnagar in Reliance Industries Limited, the worlds largest refinery at a single location, as a Rotary Equipment Reliability Manager.
Welcome to the Forum. I have been to the refinery during the construction of J3. I hope it is commissioned and functional.

Rotary Equipment Reliability Manager : What does your job entail?. I am under the impression that you need basically to maintain compressors, turbines etc. Since you are a mechanical engineer , i hope this also includes vane pumps and motors. There is a technical section where you can share your experiences for all.

All the best.
srini1785 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:15   #5

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome to the forum buddy.
Thanks Anurag. I guess Swift and Creta are two of the most popular and best selling cars in their respective segment. So we get to see good number of BHPian opting for the same. Will surely post long term review sometime in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Welcome to the Forum. I have been to the refinery during the construction of J3. I hope it is commissioned and functional.
Well, my job is to ensure reliability and availability of all Rotating equipment in DTA Refinery, eg. Compressors, Steam & Gas Turbines, all kind of pumps, fans, Expander, etc. Its more to do with troubleshooting and analysis than core maintenance for which there is a separate group. We do however carry out maintenance of critical equipment like Compressors, Turbines etc. as you mentioned earlier, but that is only during plant shutdowns.

Its great to know that there is separate technical section also on Team BHP for the same. Team BHP rocks really
Will surely check the technical section and try to share my learning wherever possible.

Last edited by ampere : 4th February 2020 at 15:31. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Deepak Mudgal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks