Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 11:37   #1

Hello BHPians!

I am Niranjan Sarkar, from New Delhi. I feel very humbled on becoming a part of this esteemed community. I have been following team-bhp from the initial days of my driving and car buying experience, 11 years ago, but was always shy of requesting membership as we know it has a high degree of standard when granting it. Finally, gathered much strength and applied.

I am a software architect with around 16+ years of experience in the IT industry. My first car was Maruti, Wagon R. It is that car in which I learnt driving (yes on a brand new car), it was called "Laali" fondly in our family because of its colour. (Passion Red). I sold that car, in exchange for Ecosport last year. Of course the Ecosport is a pleasure to drive and takes driving experience to new levels. For the first time, my family and I have taken 100+ Km drives. We have been to nearby places in Gurgaon and Rajasthan. Here is the beast, resting after a most trustworthy and secure drive the previous night at Alwar, Sariska.

Hello BHPians!-img_7025.jpg

I am presently engaged in some mini projects of my own with 2 accessories fitted in the car.

The first is the 70mai pro dash cam with GPS module. I wish to develop a small script so that it is possible to "stitch" together the individual 3 minutes clip. As you may be knowing, clips exported from this dash cam do not embed the GPS and the speed information in the video. Rather they are appended at the end as a GPS tag in the video file itself. The proposed script would be able to also extract this information and create one complete srt file for all the merged clips. This way I will save a lot of time, when I need to create videos of my long or interesting drives.

The second one involves AutoWiz OBD II GPS tracker, that I have purchase but disconnected for now. I think when in standby it draws more current from the car battery than it should and is effecting my battery, causing it to drain. I will measure the exact current it draws, (AutoWiz support told me, 10 mA, which is more anyways) and then try to find some way in which I can cause it to draw power from ACC rather than pin 16 of the ODBD II port. Let's see.

I will keep everyone posted as I progress.
niranjansarkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 17:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjansarkar View Post
I am Niranjan Sarkar, from New Delhi. I feel very humbled on becoming a part of this esteemed community.
Welcome to Team-BHP Niranjan! Glad to have you onboard. Before you begin, do take a look at the rules of the forum.

Quote:
I am a software architect with around 16+ years of experience in the IT industry. My first car was Maruti, Wagon R. It is that car in which I learnt driving (yes on a brand new car), it was called "Laali" fondly in our family because of its colour. (Passion Red).
Thats a nice memory to have. We have 2 WagonRs in our household and let me tell you, that is one of the favourite cars due to the easy to ingress and egress.

Quote:
I sold that car, in exchange for Ecosport last year. Of course the Ecosport is a pleasure to drive and takes driving experience to new levels. For the first time, my family and I have taken 100+ Km drives. We have been to nearby places in Gurgaon and Rajasthan.
Do share your ownership report on the Ecosport and the trips the car has made. I'm sure it will be interesting to many of our members.

Quote:
I am presently engaged in some mini projects of my own with 2 accessories fitted in the car.

The first is the 70mai pro dash cam with GPS module. I wish to develop a small script so that it is possible to "stitch" together the individual 3 minutes clip.
We have a very good dash cam thread where you can post your query / update on this.

Quote:
The second one involves AutoWiz OBD II GPS tracker, ...
I will keep everyone posted as I progress.
Do keep us updated. I have an autocop trackpro GPS tracker in my car and have had the battery drained of the car when kept parked for more than a week.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 07:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
WDo keep us updated. I have an autocop trackpro GPS tracker in my car and have had the battery drained of the car when kept parked for more than a week.
I have a trackpro as well, and haven't had experiences with battery drain as such because the device draws very little power when the vehicle is parked.

I do leave it parked for two or three weeks sometimes due to US travel, this hasn't happened, touch wood.

To the OP - welcome, soon you'll start doing 600+ km drives to Himachal and Leh rather than these short 100km ones.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks