Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2020, 18:11   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

My warm greetings to all of this lively forum. It is after many years of close following of Team BHP that I decided to take the plunge and apply for a membership. As expected it was rejected first time, but did not lose hope. Eventually happened last year.

Well, I am located now in Delhi, though from Trivandrum, Kerala, the "God's Own Country". My age group can be guessed from my ID itself, I suppose, as it is my year of birth.

Owned a FIAT, Santro, Swift DZire and now a Creta. Started my driving journey on an Ambassador, graduated on a 4X4 Jeep (necessitated due to the hilly terrain (high ranges) from where my better half belongs to). Love my drives which I manage to squeeze in between work schedules. Have managed long distance trips Visakhapatnam-Delhi (first one was in a non A/c FIAT way back in 1998 in peak summer, second one two years back), Mumbai-Shirdi, Delhi-Landsdowne, Delhi-Shimla, Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Haridwar / Rishikesh, Vizag-Kochi, Delhi-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer (latest one in the new Creta)..

I have been a silent follower of this wonderful group for its value addition to my understanding of the vehicle, roads and overall in my life. My wife is also a moto enthusiast and a wonderful driver. We look forward to fruitful interactions and support. Thank you & before I sign off .... a trip from Delhi-Kerala is on the drawing boards now.
bimal_67 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 07:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Hi Bimal,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal_67 View Post
Owned a FIAT, Santro, Swift DZire and now a Creta. Started my driving journey on an Ambassador, graduated on a 4X4 Jeep (necessitated due to the hilly terrain (high ranges) from where my better half belongs to).
The list of cars you have owned all scream out the word "practicality". All of the got the job done in their times.

Quote:
Love my drives which I manage to squeeze in between work schedules. Have managed long distance trips Visakhapatnam-Delhi (first one was in a non A/c FIAT way back in 1998 in peak summer, second one two years back), Mumbai-Shirdi, Delhi-Landsdowne, Delhi-Shimla, Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Haridwar / Rishikesh, Vizag-Kochi, Delhi-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer (latest one in the new Creta)
That's a fair deal of road tripping I'd say. We'd love to read your experiences on these drives.

Quote:
I have been a silent follower of this wonderful group for its value addition to my understanding of the vehicle, roads and overall in my life. My wife is also a moto enthusiast and a wonderful driver. We look forward to fruitful interactions and support. Thank you & before I sign off .... a trip from Delhi-Kerala is on the drawing boards now.
Good to hear that Team-BHP has been of help to you and I'll look forward to meaningful contributions from you.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 12:12   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

Thank you Aditya for taking time off and welcoming me into the fold.

Quote:
The list of cars you have owned all scream out the word "practicality". All of the got the job done in their times.
Ah, yes you floored me with that observation. Dot on the spot.

Quote:
That's a fair deal of road tripping I'd say. We'd love to read your experiences on these drives.
In due course I intend to note down at least some inputs even from my earlier road trips which could be of use to others. Many a times I have seen that some minor or indirect input read somewhere in this forum helping out on the trip. So I shall also do my bit.

Quote:
Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.
Thanks. I saw where I almost slipped. Shall keep them in mind.
Thank you once again and happy motoring to all
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks