Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 01:25   #1
BHPian

Finally I am a Team-BHPian! Better late than never

Hi all,
Warm greetings, to all the esteemed members of Team-BHP.

Got my membership approved recently. After each of the first 4 failed attempts, I corrected myself each time and had penned down the details for the 5th time with more care, intent, interest and apt details. And on a fine Sunday, woke up with the notification "Membership Approved”. Checked it twice to confirm the same and this was one of the happiest moments.

And here is my introduction. I am not a usual writer and my writing skills are limited just for preparing reports and drafting mails at office. This introduction is going to be lengthy and not sure how it may pan out. So please excuse for any mistakes . Will surely keep learning from all of you.

Firstly on Team-BHP :
This community is more than just a forum for most of the car enthusiasts for its unbiased reviews, approach and information.
I myself have been a silent follower of this site from past 10+ years. I am one such enthusiast, who prefers Team BHP for all auto-related information than any other forums and sites.
Team-BHP has helped in increasing my knowledge regarding different aspects of the automobile.

Who am I?
My name is Chandan, currently 30 years old, happily married, living in Bangalore, a proud kannadiga, born and brought up in Sakleshpur-Hassan the coffee land of Karnataka.
I have completed my graduation in Computer Science and Engineering in 2011. Currently working as a software engineer, in one of the prestigious MNCs in Whitefield Bangalore.
I have huge liking and interest in automobiles right from my childhood, like many of you in the forum. Toy cars and jeeps were the only toys that really excited me in childhood.
I am more of a car guy than bikes. Given an option, I will always choose a 4 wheeler than a 2 wheeler anyday.

How I came to know about Team-BHP:
  • During 2008-2009, my father wanted to buy a pre-owned Santro. He asked me to collect information on Santro from my friends or online. One fine day, I came across this forum while searching online for car reviews and I have been hooked ever since.
  • The legendary "Live To Drive" stickers spotted in many cars,made me curious and thus made me entry this forum for the first time.
  • On a humorous note, from past few years have been the car consultant for my friends, neighbors and relatives whenever one needs to buy a car or need any information about automobiles . Thanks to Team-BHP, most of the information and my knowledge are gained from here.

My hobbies and interests:
Cars are my first interest. In free time I usually go car window shopping and test drives. I like spending whole day seeing; learning things at car service stations whenever my cars are given to service.
Most of my weekends are spent in cleaning and detailing my cars. My leisure time is spent reading car reviews.
Other than cars, I like movies, cricket, gadgets, night outs, and long drives with friends and exploring food places within city and outside.

Some information about my wheels(Cars owned by me):
1. Hyundai i10 (1.2 sportz-petrol):
  • First car registered in my name, purchased as new in 2013 and serving me well till date
  • This is my primary car which has clocked 83,500 KMs currently
  • This car gave me the feel of owning a car. Being my first car, it's a sentimental car to me
  • Have decided to keep it for as long as it goes

2. Hyundai i20 (1.2 Magna-petrol)
  • A 2010 model, bought as pre-owned from my maternal uncle in 2018 when ODO was 57k kms and sold in 2019 when ODO was 63k kms
  • This was my back-up car and also the primary and learner car for my wife and sister
  • Sold it since the usage had became less after my wife's pregnancy and sister's marriage

3. Renault Duster (85ps RXZ-diesel):
  • New car bought in December 2019 and registered in January 2020
  • Current ODO reading is 1,100 KMs
  • This will be soon my primary car, pushing my i10 as secondary car
  • With the arrival of new member (my son) to my family in November, the need for a new, big car with basic safety features arose. Hence in came the duster
  • Will try to pen down the initial ownership review soon

Other cars owned by my parents at hometown:
(Listing these, since around 40% of overall KMs in each of the below cars were clocked by me)
1. Maruti Omni (petrol):
  • First car of our garage. Father bought it in year 2000 and sold in 2015.It was his primary car, till it was sold
  • The car had clocked around 1,25,000 kms when sold. Served us well for 15 long years
  • I improved my driving skills in this car
  • Being bare bones with no safety features, no power steering, and no disc brakes and without any comfort specs, it taught me to drive more carefully and to be a sedate driver

2. Hyundai Santro Xing(1.0 base-petrol):
  • Bought it pre-owned in 2010 when ODO was 30k kms and sold in 2013 when ODO was around 60k kms
  • This car was dedicated for the usage for my grandparents and mother
  • It was gem of a car, was a hoot to drive and built to last
  • I was supposed to own it after my graduation. But we sold it mainly because I wanted a car with AC, Power steering and power windows, which were not present in this car

3. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (1.3 ZDI-Diesel):
  • Bought new in 2013 and serving well till date, with current ODO of 62,000 KMs
  • Bought this since we needed a bigger, 6/7 seater car with safety features
  • This is my father’s primary car currently, being used to the core of its capabilities. Being used for both luggage and ferrying people to farm house and for highway runs as well

4. Maruti Omni (petrol):
  • Bought new in 2016 and sold in 2017 when ODO was around 12k kms
  • Bought this as a replacement to our old and sold Omni, for luggage and farm runs
  • Father was not comfortable this time to drive an Omni after getting used to an Ertiga, even though he had used one for 15 long years
  • Sold it to one my relatives, since the usage had reduced, with Ertiga being around

5. Toyota Innova Crysta(2.4 V-diesel 7seater):
  • Bought as new in 2017 and the current ODO is of 11,000 KMs
  • Right when the first generation Innova was launched, it became a dream car of my father
  • He had his eyes set on Innova, right from his struggling days. He had kept his dream car purchase on hold and had lived with Omni for long years
  • Finally it was his time to live his dreams in 201, after settling down and after making me and my sister stand on our own feet
  • This car will be maintained as long as possible

So my current garage includes:
i10, Duster, Ertiga, Innova Crysta

Thank You:
  • Though I am a car enthusiast, most of the knowledge is gained from this esteemed forum. The outstanding contents and contributions from all the members is what make this portal so popular
  • I usually do not miss any posts from moderators, heck even my Team-BHP handle DLC5005 is inspired from our mod Vid6639's handle. Thanks Vid sir
  • I am a fan boy of the writing style of GTO, Vid, Aditya, S2, Parag and other moderators.
  • Thanks to GTO, all moderators and members for up keeping quality and content of the forum, for your suggestions, reviews and inputs. Hats off to all you guys
  • Have always been astonished to see the dedication, knowledge and interest of all the moderators towards this community. For example GTO himself posting 55k+ posts shows how much of time and interest he has invested here

On this regard, it will be unfair if I don't give due credits to few members and virtual gurus to me and also many, whose reviews, inputs, writings had kept me hooked to Team-BHP for long. So I want to dedicate my very first post, my introduction to all the members by thanking all.

Thanks to all the moderators: (in no particular order):
GTO, Samurai, Rehaan, Vid6639, Gannu_1, Crazy driver, Suhas307, Black pearl, Ajmat, Sheel, Aditya and all the moderators in here.

Thanks to other members whose posts I am usually glued to:
(for their ownership reviews, DIYs , maintaining logs style)
Paragsachania, Leo Sashi, RavenAvi, Samba, Arun Josie, Laluks, A4anurag, HemanthAnand, DrNaren, Mpk suhas, Black wasp, S2, Black asta, NkrishnaP, Condor and all other members

Finally,
It's a proud moment for me to be a part of this community.
Though I may not be highly qualified when it comes to serious technical stuff in the automotive world, I am aware of basic stuff in bits and pieces and I am ever ready to learn things and update myself with time.
Also I feel it's time for me to make some contribution to the forum that has taught me a lot. Hope to do my best and expect a lot of support and understanding from each of the members.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th February 2020 at 08:37. Reason: Maruthi = Maruti. Other minor edits :).
DLC5005 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 05:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Finally I am a Team-BHPian! Better late than never

Hello DLC5005, let me be the first one to congratulate you on your membership and the first post. It is a detailed introduction and a very good one! Welcome to Team-Bhp family and hope you have a nice stay here. I was going to ask you about the meaning of the handle, but then saw that you have already explained about it.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 07:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Hello DLC5005, let me be the first one to congratulate you on your membership and the first post. It is a detailed introduction and a very good one! Welcome to Team-Bhp family and hope you have a nice stay here.
The first reply for my post in Team-BHP and a welcome note from the moderator BlackPearl himself !
Thanks again for taking some timeout to welcome me sir. It means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I was going to ask you about the meaning of the handle, but then saw that you have already explained about it.
Yes, already explained but would like to elaborate more on my handle DLC5005.
  • DLC stands for my name with initial D.L.Chandan (Obviously D.L doesn't signify Driving Licence here )
  • 5005 was the registration number of our first car,Omni. I usually use this as part of my usernames/IDs in most of the other portals,apps and logins.
  • Most of the handle names I had in my wishlist were taken by others or felt were very similar. Meanwhile, Vidyut sir's handle Vid6639 was always a catchy one for me. Inspired by this I came up with my handle on a similar note.So a special thanks to Vid sir for this.
DLC5005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 08:01   #4
BANNED

Welcome to the forum buddy. Have a great stay here and please do pen down the ownership logs for your steeds, would be a great read.

Nice detailed introduction there btw.

PS: Sorry to nitpick, it is not "Maruthi" but "Maruti".

Welcome to the forum again.
Old 24th February 2020, 09:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome to the forum buddy. Have a great stay here and please do pen down the ownership logs for your steeds, would be a great read.

Nice detailed introduction there btw.
Thanks for the wishes Anurag.
Over the period of time I have read most of your posts and well written ownership logs of your Swift,Ertiga and Creta. All of them were a great read.
Will be referring your ownership reports again, once I start to pen down my ownership log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
PS: Sorry to nitpick, it is not "Maruthi" but "Maruti".

Welcome to the forum again.
Thanks for pointing it out. I stand corrected.
My bad, I should have been more careful while typing and should have proof read before posting.
Will be careful from now on.Thanks again.
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 11:43   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Finally,
It's a proud moment for me to be a part of this community.
Welcome to the forum DLC5005. Kudos to your tenacity & great to have you on this side. See you around.

Nice intro post. Liked reading it.
Old 24th February 2020, 17:53   #7
BHPian

Re: Finally I am a Team-BHPian! Better late than never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Welcome to the forum DLC5005. Kudos to your tenacity & great to have you on this side. See you around.

Nice intro post. Liked reading it.
Hi Reinhard,
Thanks for your kind words and welcome note.
It will be a pleasure for me to interact with and learn from all the esteemed members via this forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks