Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2020, 21:37   #1

Greetings from the Motor City!

Hey guys! I am so honored to be posting this.

I'm Adhi, a soon-to-be graduating senior from high school (I'm 18, hope I'm not too young to be here) in Troy, Michigan. I will be starting school at Michigan State University in the fall of 2020. I was born in the US, but I call Trivandrum home as I have lived there off and on for half of my life, and I've got great memories associated with it! I have been lurking on Team-BHP for about 5 years, and I decided it was time to apply to become a member! I'm proud to say that I was accepted on my first try!

I live about a half hour away from Detroit, which may be why I've loved cars so much (I go there very often). Ever since I can remember, I have been into cars. I was that one annoying kid who locked my dads car 300000 times just to hear that beep Whenever my mom couldn't find me, she knew she just had to look inside the garage.

So coming to the cars, I kind of make the decisions when it comes to the cars in my family, because no one in my family can be bothered about what they drive. To them, a car takes them from point A to point B. They know I love cars, so they leave the car buying process up to me. Budget and body style is given, and I pick out the car.

So, heres the list of cars my family has had and a brief description:
1998 Toyota Camry LE (1998-2008) - The car I was born into, sold when we moved to India.
2004 Toyota Sienna LE (2004-2008) - Which desi hasn't had this car? Sold when we moved to India.
2009 Toyota Innova V (2008-2014) - My dads all-time favorite car! Sold when we moved back to the US.
2014 Chrysler 300S AWD (2014-2016)- Lease, and my all-time favorite car.
2015 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (2015-) - Bought it when we moved back to India
2017 Dodge Journey GT AWD (2017-2019) - Lease, not one of my favorite cars...
2017 Infiniti Q50 2.0t Premium AWD (2017-) - Lease, My 16th birthday present! and daily driver
2018 Toyota Camry XLE V6 (2018-) - Dads daily driver, hasn't seen too much mileage
2019 Lexus RX350L AWD (2019-) - Lease, Journey's replacement (beater)
I am kind of known as the car guy in my friend circle, so I have tried to give advice on what cars my friends should get too! I have been able to drive a lot of my friend's and family's cars as I am one of the first people they come to show the car to (super proud of that haha). This includes everything from Honda Fits to Benz GLSs, and I hope to write a couple of my car reviews during this quarantine period! I hope to learn a lot more about cars from the legends that are here on Team-BHP and hope to give out some advice as well! Again, super honoured to be here, and I hope everyone and their families are doing well in this difficult time. I have attached a couple of pictures of cars I found in my camera roll! Also, please don't hesitate to say hi or ask questions! I love talking to people and making new friends!

My first car!
Greetings from the Motor City!-q50.jpg

The current beater car
Greetings from the Motor City!-lexus.jpg

Dad's daily driver
Greetings from the Motor City!-18-camry.jpg

Fun fact: Dad replaced his '98 grey Camry with an '18 grey Camry!
Greetings from the Motor City!-98-camry.jpg

The only car my mom loves (with my grandpa's Mobilio)
Greetings from the Motor City!-i10.jpg

The old beater (only pic I could find of it)
Greetings from the Motor City!-dodge.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2020 at 08:06. Reason: Adding a tiny bit of formatting :) and correcting typos.
adhisk is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 11:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Greetings from the Motor City!

Hi Adhi,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhisk View Post
Ever since I can remember, I have been into cars. I was that one annoying kid who locked my dads car 300000 times just to hear that beep
Locking a car to hear the beep. That's a new one for me.

Quote:
So coming to the cars, I kind of make the decisions when it comes to the cars in my family, because no one in my family can be bothered about what they drive.
That's common among most BHPians I guess. Almost everyone in the immediate and extended family asks us to decide on a suitable car.

Quote:
So, heres the list of cars my family has had and a brief description:
1998 Toyota Camry LE (1998-2008) - The car I was born into, sold when we moved to India.
2004 Toyota Sienna LE (2004-2008) - Which desi hasn't had this car? Sold when we moved to India.
2009 Toyota Innova V (2008-2014) - My dads all-time favorite car! Sold when we moved back to the US.
2014 Chrysler 300S AWD (2014-2016)- Lease, and my all-time favorite car.
2015 Hyundai Grand i10 Asta AT (2015-) - Bought it when we moved back to India
2017 Dodge Journey GT AWD (2017-2019) - Lease, not one of my favorite cars...
2017 Infiniti Q50 2.0t Premium AWD (2017-) - Lease, My 16th birthday present! and daily driver
2018 Toyota Camry XLE V6 (2018-) - Dads daily driver, hasn't seen too much mileage
2019 Lexus RX350L AWD (2019-) - Lease, Journey's replacement (beater)
Lots of Toyotas in that list. Can't blame you. They are amazingly reliable and long-lived cars. We would love to have detailed ownership reviews from you.

Quote:
I am kind of known as the car guy in my friend circle, so I have tried to give advice on what cars my friends should get too! I have been able to drive a lot of my friend's and family's cars as I am one of the first people they come to show the car to (super proud of that haha).
Once again, this is very much like most BHPians I know.

Please take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 04:37   #3

Re: Greetings from the Motor City!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Locking a car to hear the beep. That's a new one for me.
Dang it! I thought I wasn't the only one

Quote:
Lots of Toyotas in that list. Can't blame you. They are amazingly reliable and long-lived cars. We would love to have detailed ownership reviews from you.
Yeah my dad absolutely loves Toyotas, and I happen to love them as well!

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2020 at 08:05. Reason: Typo
adhisk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks