Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2020, 12:43   #1

Feels like I have cracked an entrance exam!

Hi all, it just feels wonderful to be a part of THE Team-Bhp.

I am Amarnath Patil, a resident of Pune. I really cannot believe that I am typing something which would be part of Team-Bhp. I have been visiting the website since 2008 and I finally get to do this. I'll be honest, I have no clue what to write and what not. I am excited and confused at the same time. Never in my life have I written a comment or a review for any website online, not one. Team-Bhp just feels different. Writing here feels like an answer to the, “Tell me something about yourself” interview question. Anyway, here it goes.

I am a 30 year-old Indian, son of a retired army man, banker by profession and an automotive designer in my head. That is what I wanted to be when I grew up but destiny or even a product designer would have done. I look at most of the objects around me with the design mentality and think what would have gone in the designers head while getting the object to reality. It is really interesting when the object in question is quirky. I used to sketch extensively but that has nearly stopped since I started working.

In my head, I also rate cars & motorcycles in my head on the way it looks and if I would own one if I had to so. The way things appear are of much significance to me. From water-bottles and mobile-cover to almost everything I own. I like things to be under-stated, brilliantly designed and well built, something like the Toyota Century. When it comes to automobiles, design is even more important. I just cannot own a product that has the looks I dislike even though they offer great practicality. All this along with my built-in over-thinking (And the OCD) feature has caused troubles at times but when things get right, it is a delight. I like symmetry and balanced proportions, even in things where it is not necessary. For me Thanos said it correctly, "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be".

Apart from automobiles, things that fascinate me and get me reading about them are mainly in regards to science & technology, World Wars, aircrafts, watercrafts, wild-life, photography and food.
At the moment, I own a pre-worshiped Honda Civic and a Bajaj Dominar. I like to keep these, majorly in stock with minute changes, if needed. Things that would not attract much attention. I do plan to get another higher-capacity sports motorcycle soon, since for me motorcycles get me moving, a tiny-bit more. Motorcycle is my goto mode of transport within the city. It is just faster and far less stressful. I cover myself completely to avoid the dust and the sun.

And yes, finding parking is way way easy. Adding to this, zipping through traffic (safely) saves a lot more time and a bit of money too.
Further, I love road trips using both the car and the motorcycle. I have recently completed a 10 day motorcycle trip to the Southern tip of India and loved every bit of it. It was painful but the rewards were so much sweeter. I was planning a 15-18 day trip to the beautiful North East before corona hit us all. The only good thing this lead to, was me utilising this time to be a member here. And so here I am. Ahhh, it feels good. This is one of my best weekends, and also my wife is not home.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st May 2020 at 13:15. Reason: Spacing. Welcome aboard. :)
AmarFlying is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 14:02   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Feels like I have cracked an entrance exam!

And sometimes, when reading the applications, it does feel like we are correcting entrance exams .

Welcome to our home on the internet, Amarnath. Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarFlying View Post
Never in my life have I written a comment or a review for any website online, not one. Team-Bhp just feels different.
Thank you. Means a lot.

Quote:
I like things to be under-stated, brilliantly designed and well built
Absolutely on the same page with you there. I like clean & timeless designs (think Jetta, W124).

Immediately scrolled down to see what car you own and am pleased to see the Civic there. Indisputably one of the better designed cars in India! Looks good even today.

Quote:
This is one of my best weekends, and also my wife is not home.
Old 1st June 2020, 23:07   #3

Oh my GOD. From the man himself. This is just getting better. I need to bite myself. Thank you Sir, thank-you.

Quote:
Absolutely on the same page with you there. I like clean & timeless designs (think Jetta, W124).
You Sir, looked right into my head, it seems. I just adore the Jetta and the W124. The lines on the car are so timeless. They don't age at all. There is no 'dynamic' lines and 'flow' here. It just looks fabulous.

Quote:
Immediately scrolled down to see what car you own and am pleased to see the Civic there. Indisputably one of the better designed cars in India! Looks good even today.
The sole reason I bought the car was its design and my teenage love for the car. Practicality, maintenance costs, fuel economy, all were secondary.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd June 2020 at 00:26. Reason: Please do familiarize yourself with the "QUOTE" feature! Welcome aboard :)
AmarFlying is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 02:06   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum! I also recently joined the forum and it took me 4 attempts over period of 2 years.

When I was filling the form, initially I had typed everything in notes in an iPad. I forgot to delete it later and after few days my friend found that note in my iPad and he was like "have you ever written this much even in you medical school?" I remember telling him that being part of Team-bhp is no easier than passing our entrance exam!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks