Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2007, 16:41   #1

New to 4 Wheelers and hope to learn good tips and tricks to maintain my car.

Hello All,

A brief intro about myself, I am srinivas tammali working as QA-Team Lead in software firm here in hyderabad. I was told about this website by friend of mine who is a regular member plus a car freak. Below are the details of my new (pre-owned) car.

Make : FORD IKON 1.8D Nxt
Model: 2003
Kms : 64,400 (till i got it)
Accesories : Not much

I got it for 3.45L I felt its a good deal, however its been 1 week and i have already shelled out around 30K for minor services and SONY XPLOD player + speakers.

Now the major problem with the car is its AC, when i got it tested with 2 mechanics(friends) they said AC is just working fine and i just need to top up the gas. I did that as suggested and found the AC was totally gone for a toss, took it to a car AC mechanic at moosapet and he ripped of the car and charged 2000 bucks for a bearing and belt inside, and said he has to replace the CLUTCH ASSEMBLY of the AC compressor and that would cost 5 grands, i was ready to get it fixed but he is delaying it for some or the other reason saying parts not available.

As i have already taken the vehicle i don't repent for adding up money to get it loaded fully. Any suggestions on finding a good Car AC mechanic and good Ford mechanics around Begumpet or Kukatpally.

I know i am asking for wrong information but being a new bee to 4 wheeler world i can not talk about my car issues in technical terms, once i pickup good knowledge about cars would try my best to share the knowledge and views about FORD IKON.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and regards

Tammali
Old 19th March 2007, 15:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Tango, Welcome to TBHP and enjoy your stay here.

Please read the rules of each thread before posting your query. This particular query should have gone into the technical section.

My suggestion would be to visit the ford dealer and take their suggestion and not go to any mechanic who would only in many cases just do the experiment on your car. IMO, first get the problem investigated at an authorized dealer and if you find their quote exorbitant then double check with a reliable mechanic.

Go to the ford dealer opp to Khairtabad RTA, they are more responsive than Mody ford, Begumpet.
Old 19th March 2007, 15:34   #3
BHPian

Yes, goto a ford dealers as they will guide you better. Ford guys can be bit expensive but other mechanics will try to take advantage of you and you will end up spending more.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:27   #4

Thanks for valuable suggestions

Will definitely take out time in figuring right thread to post my queries in future and also thanks for pointing me in right directions and thanks for the FORD service center info.

Cheers

Tammali
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks